PDA

View Full Version : 2014-2015 Quinnipiac Bobcats: "I hear Boston is nice in April"

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41

DownOnTheFarm
03-13-2015, 11:32 PM
Great W.

Completely unreasonable to want to get these games for free but $10 per game is too much. Complete cash grab.

i hate to say it but if $10 is too much get a second job. not to be an a**

MSchvatz44
03-13-2015, 11:33 PM
YUGE WIN

Didn't watch it (only listened) because I am cheap did not feel like paying for it. Sounded like they were brutal in the first period, slightly better in the second, alright in the third (great in the last 90 seconds) and then in-control through the overtimes. It cannot be overstated how big Garteig and Anas have been for QU this year.

Wish I could have been there tonight. Alas, I'll be in attendance tomorrow to hopefully see them clinch a trip to LP. Mark, I'll bring you a sandwich!

...I'm likely not going to bring you a sandwich :D

ZYanksRule
03-13-2015, 11:44 PM
Great W.

Completely unreasonable to want to get these games for free but $10 per game is too much. Complete cash grab.

You're misunderstanding my point. It's not that I want these games for free, it's that I think it gives them the most eyeballs on their product. As I wrote before 3-OT, general hockey fans were interested in this triple-overtime game. But none of them were about to pay $10 to watch. Maybe these people, when they see how exciting it is, decide that next year they're going to check out their local college hockey team. Now we've created another college hockey fan. That's my point.

When they start charging for these games, they limit the exposure. Social media starts to get awfully interested in postseason multiple-overtime games, they need to find a way to harness that.

Another thing: The ECAC Hockey twitter account didn't send one in-game tweet about any of their games tonight. Excuse me, aren't we trying to promote college hockey? Is anyone in the league office even awake? You have a game in triple-overtime, the 12th-longest game in the history of men's college hockey, and the only tweets you're sending are auto-generated when SID's are posting their stories? That's a really bad job by the league.

MarkEagleUSA
03-13-2015, 11:54 PM
I have now witnessed the 2 longest games in Quinnipiac history. All I can say is this one was much sweeter than the one 5 years ago. What a comeback! Down 3-1 I had about given up. Then Mr. Anas worked his magic... but the credit has to go to Pecknold for pulling Garteig with over 2 minutes to go. Gutsy call that paid off in spades.

After an abysmal 1st and rough start to the 2nd, they came alive after killing the 5-on-3. They had Union back on their heels and took over pulling within 1 by the end of 2. The 3rd was about even with a slight edge to Q. Union had nothing for us in OT.

Huge win for sure. Now they need to follow it up and seal the deal tomorrow. Rest up boys...

BobNY
03-14-2015, 01:42 AM
What a game!! Just got back home to long island, the 2 hour ride home would have stunk if I had to ponder a loss the whole way home.
It was unbelievable how many SO close opportunities didn't find their way into the net. What was the whistle for before the disallowed goal?

Heading back tomorrow to hopefully see them wrap it up!!

MarkEagleUSA
03-14-2015, 08:22 AM
Time to seal the deal boys!

After that thriller last night they need to come out and play aggressively like they did in OT. Keep pressuring and don't let up. Punch that ticket to Lake Placid!

Go Q!

#GameDayGold

FlagDUDE08
03-14-2015, 08:26 AM
Great W.

If you're worried about cost, you may want to pay attention to the RPI score thread. ;)

Quinn57
03-14-2015, 12:37 PM
i hate to say it but if $10 is too much get a second job. not to be an a**

Hah. Probably could stand a second job but $10 for one ECAC QF game is astronomical in terms of digital media cost for the product you're buying.

Quinn57
03-14-2015, 12:43 PM
Get what you're saying about exposure but hard to ask ECAC or any league to turn down a rights check.

BobNY
03-14-2015, 03:25 PM
Time to seal the deal boys!

After that thriller last night they need to come out and play aggressively like they did in OT.

That is key. I am really hoping they come out charging from the start. If they would have showed up for the first period yesterday thing would have been different for sure. Last night was a well deserved, but lucky win.

At 2 minutes left my wife texted our daughter to let her know Q lost. Last night was definitely proof "It aint over till the Fat Lady sings"

QUAlum2004
03-15-2015, 12:31 AM
That loss was pairwise killer. Sunday is a must win game or we likely miss the NCAA's. That loss dropped us down from tied for 11th to 15th. We need to reach Lake Placid.

MarkEagleUSA
03-15-2015, 09:16 AM
Welcome to a brand new day...

Last night hurt but it's not over yet. Come out and take it to the Dutchmen this afternoon. No holding back. We need to win to keep playing. Too risky to rely on pairwise at this point.

Go Q!

#GameDayGold

MarkEagleUSA
03-15-2015, 10:13 AM
A few observations from last night...

Anas didn't appear to be himself all game and Connor Clifton seemed to be in another world out there. McMaster has a ton of drive and hustles all the time but it way too selfish with the puck, skating around with it looking for a shot instead of dishing it off. To quote wonger, St. Denis' "kick-to-stick" is as good as any we've ever seen. His between the legs pass to setup Anas on our 1st goal was remarkable.

As for Union, Stevens is stout but has given up a ton of rebounds all weekend. We need to find a way to clean up that trash. He also appears to get rattled easier when there's a lot of traffic in front of him. They have also spent most of their time dumping and chasing, even on the PP. While they have a lot of weapons, they haven't been overly impressive so we need to continue making it hard for them to set up in zone.

Today will take a complete effort from opening faceoff to final buzzer. No lapses and no letdowns. Maybe there will be a slightly better student turnout as the kids are returning from break. The crowd needs to get behind this team.

I'm hoping for a trip to Lake Placid for my birthday and know the boys can deliver. ;)

One shift. One period. One game.

MarkEagleUSA
03-15-2015, 10:39 AM
His between the legs pass to setup Anas on our 1st goal was remarkable.See for yourself...

http://www.nhregister.com/sports/20150314/union-rallies-back-to-tie-series-with-quinnipiac

UFan
03-15-2015, 06:31 PM
Congrats on the win tonight ! Good luck for Lake Placid.

QUAlum2004
03-15-2015, 06:40 PM
The win was absolutely huge. Jumped from 15th to 12th in the pairwise. hopefully some of the teams below us start to lose out in their conference tournaments.

aweise
03-15-2015, 06:40 PM
Well done, guys. You guys were the better team and deserved to move on. Good luck in LP...hope Anas is ok.

Dutchman
03-15-2015, 07:32 PM
Congratulations Q on the win ..... you earned it !!!!

QU87
03-15-2015, 07:53 PM
Congratulations Q on the win ..... you earned it !!!!

Have to say the Union fans are classy. That team was scary!! Would have been nice to see them make a run at the tourney as long as it didn't have to go through us. Definitely a far better team than their record would indicate.

MarkEagleUSA
03-15-2015, 08:21 PM
First off, here's hoping Anas is ok and won't be out for any extended time. He didn't look good going off the ice but late in the game was in the tunnel wearing street clothes.

Second, kudos to Union for a 3 game battle. Definitely a better team than their record and seeding show. It was a hard fought and clean series.

How about that? What a weekend. On to Lake Placid. Tonight was as gutsy a performance as I've witness by a Quinnipiac team. It was easy to see they were gassed late in the 2nd and all of the 3rd but they never let up. Garteig was a monster tonight. Possibly his best performance as a Bobcat, making huge saves all game long.

Our top line came through when we needed them most. Landon Smith dug out 2 pucks right in front and took them to the other end of the ice, one resulting in our 2nd goal. How fitting was it for Peca to get the empty netter in his final game at the Bank? He's been a huge part of our success over the last 4 years.

I have met many great people who are fellow fans and to see them tonight with smiles on their faces was priceless. It makes everything worthwhile. All of you (and you know who you are) want only the best for the Bobcats. I'm honored to be able to call you friends!

On to Lake Placid. Hopefully there will be a lot of blue & gold up there to cheer the team on. Yes... I will be there with the flag!