PDA

View Full Version : 2014-2015 Quinnipiac Bobcats: "I hear Boston is nice in April"

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41

MarkEagleUSA
03-07-2015, 11:32 AM
Hard to believe it's been 5 years since I sat through that epic 5-OT playoff game up at Union. Last night, UMass and Notre Dame (http://www.uscho.com/recaps/2015/03/06/walshs-fifth-overtime-goal-wins-college-hockeys-longest-game-as-massachusetts-outlasts-notre-dame/) went a minute and 20 seconds longer to break the record for the longest D-I Men's hockey game (http://www.uscho.com/stats/longest-games/).

For anyone that was at the game last night, I feel your pain! ;) I also know the joy of coming out on top of a game like that.

QUAlum2004
03-07-2015, 08:08 PM
We are getting a potentially dangerous Union team next weekend. should be a good series.

ZYanksRule
03-07-2015, 10:19 PM
Hey, so did Schafer whine tonight about Union's goal with under a minute left in the third period?

Asking for a friend.

7-0, holy schniekies.

BobNY
03-07-2015, 11:41 PM
We are getting a potentially dangerous Union team next weekend. should be a good series.

Union looked great this weekend. Let's hope the Bobcat's are at their best next week!
We will be there Friday, Saturday and hopefully not Sunday.

LTsatch
03-07-2015, 11:56 PM

I think you can leave potentially out of that sentence, same goes for Harvard against Yale. Two under performing teams finding their stride in the playoffs.

hockeyplayer1015
03-08-2015, 12:55 AM
I be down wit dat! ;)

So much for that idea, unless Clarkson and RPI have a trick or 3 up their sleeve.

Ya know, since Union and y'all like bonus hockey so much, go out and reclaim the #1 spot next weekend ;) Good luck, that could be a dandy of a series. Heck, all 4 could be very interesting.

MarkEagleUSA
03-08-2015, 12:46 PM
Ya know, since Union and y'all like bonus hockey so much, go out and reclaim the #1 spot next weekend ;)Ummm... no. One 5-OT game in a lifetime is enough for me.

Good luck, that could be a dandy of a series. Heck, all 4 could be very interesting.All 4 series should be good ones. No clear favorites and lots of potential for upsets. Regular season accomplishments mean absolutely nothing at this point.

UnionHockeyManiac
03-08-2015, 03:33 PM
Hard to believe it's been 5 years since I sat through that epic 5-OT playoff game up at Union. Last night, UMass and Notre Dame (http://www.uscho.com/recaps/2015/03/06/walshs-fifth-overtime-goal-wins-college-hockeys-longest-game-as-massachusetts-outlasts-notre-dame/) went a minute and 20 seconds longer to break the record for the longest D-I Men's hockey game (http://www.uscho.com/stats/longest-games/).

For anyone that was at the game last night, I feel your pain! ;) I also know the joy of coming out on top of a game like that.

...And the disappointment of losing the next two games to lose the series? ;)

Should be a battle next weekend in Hamden. This season has been pretty frustrating for Union, but we may be hitting our stride at just the right time. Union is now 14-0 under Rick Bennett in ECAC Tournament games.

I'm thinking about making the trip up to Hamden from NYC this weekend...I assume tickets are already sold out other than SRO?

MarkEagleUSA
03-08-2015, 03:36 PM
I'm thinking about making the trip up to Hamden from NYC this weekend...I assume tickets are already sold out other than SRO?Not sure since the students are on break this week. I have not heard whether or not it's sold out as of yet. Your best bet is to call the box office at 203-582-3905. You may want to check with Union's ticket office as well... they may have a small allotment available for sale.

DownOnTheFarm
03-08-2015, 09:53 PM
I am very much calm about this series. Nothing to worry about here!

QUAlum2004
03-09-2015, 07:31 AM
Just a follow up on a former Quinnipiac recruit in Chase Harwell who ditched the US for major juniors in Canada. He has had 2 below average seasons and is in his draft eligible year. You don't play major juniors if you are going to be mediocre. US kids going to major juniors better be sure they are going to be a high within the first 3-4 rounds otherwise it isn't worth it. Now this kid has no top end college to fall back on because he blew it on major juniors. Just dumb.

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=193822

aweise
03-09-2015, 12:17 PM
...And the disappointment of losing the next two games to lose the series? ;)

Should be a battle next weekend in Hamden. This season has been pretty frustrating for Union, but we may be hitting our stride at just the right time. Union is now 14-0 under Rick Bennett in ECAC Tournament games.

And 21-2 in the postseason overall...I've witnessed every single bit of it, but it still astonishes me.

As much as I'd love Union to move on to LP, I can't see them winning two of three this weekend. Yes, they have clearly hit their stride (hot at the right time?), but Q's defense and Garteig might be too much. Then again, I thought the same thing about Cornell & Gillam. ;)

Good luck, folks! At least let's make this exciting.

QUBobcats70
03-09-2015, 03:55 PM
I hope Chip McDonald is nowhere near Hamden this weekend. His officiating will ruin this series for both teams.

MarkEagleUSA
03-09-2015, 05:40 PM
Good luck, folks! At least let's make this exciting.Same to you...

I hope Chip McDonald is nowhere near Hamden this weekend. His officiating will ruin this series for both teams.I'll tolerate just about anyone else but Chip, especially after that last game he worked at the Bank. :mad:

UnionHockeyManiac
03-09-2015, 10:51 PM
Not sure since the students are on break this week. I have not heard whether or not it's sold out as of yet. Your best bet is to call the box office at 203-582-3905. You may want to check with Union's ticket office as well... they may have a small allotment available for sale.

Thanks. Got tickets to Saturday's game. I'll either be in 111, 112, 113, 114, or 115. I won't find out until gametime.

As for Friday's game, I'll have to stream it. Does anyone here have a link?

LTsatch
03-09-2015, 11:20 PM
Thanks. Got tickets to Saturday's game. I'll either be in 111, 112, 113, 114, or 115. I won't find out until gametime.

Available on boxcast for $9.95 a game. http://www.ecachockey.com/men/2014-15/News/20150303_BoxCast_Release

DownOnTheFarm
03-10-2015, 01:46 AM
Available on boxcast for $9.95 a game. http://www.ecachockey.com/men/2014-15/News/20150303_BoxCast_Release

Is the game not going to be streaming on Qs website?! If not I will be very disappointed!!

MarkEagleUSA
03-10-2015, 01:50 AM
Is the game not going to be streaming on Qs website?! If not I will be very disappointed!!It won't... the ECAC in it's ultimate wisdom has decided that streaming with Boxcast at $9.95 per game is the best thing for the league.

DownOnTheFarm
03-10-2015, 04:45 AM
So disappointing... good thing OT started picking up at work this week haha! I guess it isn't too bad seeing as though I would be paying $10 if I was in Hamden still.

ZYanksRule
03-10-2015, 11:19 AM
It won't... the ECAC in it's ultimate wisdom has decided that streaming with Boxcast at $9.95 per game is the best thing for the league.

So basically they're taking from friends and family $10/game while the rest of us decide not to bother paying for a video feed we've gotten for free the entire year.

When will these leagues and schools understand that they get far more eyeballs on their product when putting it up for free. Far more people watch, which exposes those people to your product, which probably increases demand on tickets. It's a win-win.

Quinnipiac understands this, RPI understands this, I think a couple other teams in our league understand this. But the ECAC doesn't. It's a shame.

But don't worry, I'm sure the semi's and finals will be on FOX College Sports again, a network that about 12 people in the entire country get.