PDA

View Full Version : 2014-2015 Quinnipiac Bobcats: "I hear Boston is nice in April"

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41

ZYanksRule
02-21-2015, 11:02 AM
He said no, but I wonder if the atmosphere contributed to that with the younger guys? At the end of the day, neither team played to their potential. How do you miss a wide open net with the goalie totally out of position and then put the puck directly UNDER him? Probably fitting that both games ended in a tie.

On to tonight. Brown has won 4 in a row. Time to get back to Bobcats hockey and take care of our own business. It's senior night and the underclassmen need to make a statement of thanks to those four guys. Not to mention securing the Cleary cup.

Go Q!

#GameDayGold

I think it absolutely was the atmosphere. Guys trying to do too much, everyone panicking with the puck, getting rid of it quickly so they won't make a mistake, that's what it was. This is a young team, those kinds of things happen. The pressure of the Yale-Quinnipiac event put too much in their heads. Now they nee to find a way to get that energy back up tonight for what's always a classic let-down game.

MarkEagleUSA
02-21-2015, 12:16 PM
Now they nee to find a way to get that energy back up tonight for what's always a classic let-down game.Definitely not the same Brown team we faced 3 weeks ago. Brown has really stepped up their play of late and seem to always give us fits. Whether it's the build-up or let down from the Yale game, Brown is always a tough game. But like I said, being senior night, and the last regular season home game, lots of Bobcat pride on the line. I think they'll respond appropriately.

DownOnTheFarm
02-21-2015, 09:17 PM
I just wish that McDonald would get fired! He is God awful!!!!

ZYanksRule
02-21-2015, 09:25 PM
I just wish that McDonald would get fired! He is God awful!!!!

That dive was abominable, but the major was correct. I know Bill and Brooks didn't think so, but that was a major. Granted the Brown kid kind of turns his back on the play, but you cant hit him in that spot on the ice. Especially in college hockey, you're asking the ref to toss you from the game. Was it the right call? It was borderline, but I'm OK with the major there.

The dive, on the other end ... McDonald needs to learn hockey, because our player risked breaking his leg falling into the boards that way. There's no way he's embellishing that when he's about to go sprawling feet-first into the boards. That's asinine.

ZYanksRule
02-21-2015, 09:27 PM
As for the game ... the less we say about the first 45 minutes, the better. Goodness gracious, almost that entire weekend was a complete nightmare for the Bobcats. They're very fortunate to get one point out of that weekend, much less two. They got way more than they deserved.

QUAlum2004
02-21-2015, 09:30 PM
This tie is a killer more than last night's one. They really need to sweep next weekend to have any potential cushion come playoff time.

QUAlum2004
02-21-2015, 11:09 PM
Tied for 10th in the pairwise.

MarkEagleUSA
02-22-2015, 12:09 AM
As for the game ... the less we say about the first 45 minutes, the better.I thought they totally outplayed Brown for most of the game, those two horrendous turnovers notwithstanding. Ernst kept Bruno in the game and we were a bit snakebit. The effort was definitely better tonight than it was last night.

The dive was one of the worst calls I've witnessed all year. McDonald is a complete tool for calling that. I didn't see the hit that drew the major when it happened but did see the replay. It was borderline as it looked like the Brown player was already starting to fall. I can live with the major (hindsight is 20/20) but think a 2 could have been given just as easily.

How about that Federico kid? Two big goals on the weekend... shades of Kevin Bui! ;) Danny is one of the best defensemen to ever wear blue & gold so it was great to see him light the lamp a few times. The reaction from his family, who have been to just about every game during his QU career, was priceless. He'll be sorely missed after graduation.

While this weekend wasn't stellar, they managed to grind out a very valuable two points. There's still work to do next weekend. A win over Harvard will have a tremendous impact on the pairwise. And the points secure the Cleary outright.

As usual, it was great to see the deli man in da house. That other clown from Maine... well, maybe he'll make an appearance for the playoffs.

UFan
02-22-2015, 08:22 AM
Congrats on the Cleary Cup !

Saints#1
02-22-2015, 08:58 AM
Congratulations Q on your second Cleary Cup!!! You really earned it !!!! I think it is the most important trophy in the ECAC because it really signifies the best team and encompasses a body of work which is the whole season. You also won it going away, not one of these last minute affairs .....

Now you can congratulate Quinnipiac ;)

Congratulations Quinnipiac ... I have a feeling it might be a Quinnipiac/SLU ECAC Championship game, which would be quite the show down on the large ice surface in Lake Placid! Still a long ways to go though for both teams! :)

Got 6, Want More
02-22-2015, 09:06 AM
Now you can congratulate Quinnipiac ;)

Congratulations Quinnipiac ... I have a feeling it might be a Quinnipiac/SLU ECAC Championship game, which would be quite the show down on the large ice surface in Lake Placid! Still a long ways to go though for both teams! :)

No you can't! You can congratulate them on the #1 seed and a SHARE of the Cleary Cup at this point! SLU can still tie Q in points!

Congratulations on that...so far!

Saints#1
02-22-2015, 09:18 AM
No you can't! You can congratulate them on the #1 seed and a SHARE of the Cleary Cup at this point! SLU can still tie Q in points!

Congratulations on that...so far!

A share of the Cleary Cup is still the Cleary Cup regardless ... Of course a share of the Cleary Cup would be nice for us as well, but it doesn't mean that the Q can't celebrate their title now and it certainly doesn't mean we can't congratulate them at this point either! ... Congratulations Q!!

toogees
02-22-2015, 09:51 AM
I thought they totally outplayed Brown for most of the game, those two horrendous turnovers notwithstanding. Ernst kept Bruno in the game and we were a bit snakebit. The effort was definitely better tonight than it was last night.

The dive was one of the worst calls I've witnessed all year. McDonald is a complete tool for calling that. I didn't see the hit that drew the major when it happened but did see the replay. It was borderline as it looked like the Brown player was already starting to fall. I can live with the major (hindsight is 20/20) but think a 2 could have been given just as easily.

Exactly my thoughts. It is McDonald's prerogative to give the major even though I have seen much worse given 2 this season. I didn't agree with 5 but could live with it. Not a smart play by MacMaster in that spot.

The hook/ embellishment call is so typical of McDonald. He is and has been gutless for years. I knew as soon as I saw him step on the ice that he would play a part in this game. He was an non-factor for 2.5 periods, but guess he couldn't help himself. There are some real good officials in the ECAC. The Yale / QU game was a positive example of the type of product the ECAC can produce in regard to officiating. Unfortunately, officials like McDonald cast a dark cloud over everyone.

MarkEagleUSA
02-22-2015, 11:09 AM
He was an non-factor for 2.5 periods, but guess he couldn't help himself.A couple of us had the same exact thoughts last night. If McDonald is working a game, he makes sure everyone in the arena knows it.

Unfortunately, officials like McDonald cast a dark cloud over everyone.That's what happens when you're connected to Paul Stewart. The officiating problems start at the top. The gutless ones are Hagwell and Stewart for not laying down the law with the officiating corps. They want the ECAC to be an elite league yet never do anything to back up the talk. All I ask for is consistency... and we haven't ever had that from the officials.

ZYanksRule
02-22-2015, 11:50 AM
A couple of us had the same exact thoughts last night. If McDonald is working a game, he makes sure everyone in the arena knows it.

That's what happens when you're connected to Paul Stewart. The officiating problems start at the top. The gutless ones are Hagwell and Stewart for not laying down the law with the officiating corps. They want the ECAC to be an elite league yet never do anything to back up the talk. All I ask for is consistency... and we haven't ever had that from the officials.

To be fair -- before Stewart came into the league people were saying the same thing. Maybe it's just that hard to find good referees for college. Maybe they're not paying these guys enough, so better guys aren't willing to work for them.

I mean, look at the disaster NHL refereeing is. This isn't a problem isolated to the ECAC. It's a lightning-quick game, and these guys can't keep up.

LTsatch
02-22-2015, 12:10 PM
To be fair -- before Stewart came into the league people were saying the same thing. Maybe it's just that hard to find good referees for college. Maybe they're not paying these guys enough, so better guys aren't willing to work for them.

I mean, look at the disaster NHL refereeing is. This isn't a problem isolated to the ECAC. It's a lightning-quick game, and these guys can't keep up.

You hear the same complaints out of all of the conferences, especially Hockey East. It's like any workplace, 10-20% of the workers don't have a clue.

toogees
02-22-2015, 12:17 PM
I think Stewart could actually do a decent job if he could step away from calling out NHL'ers on his HockeyBuzz blog for a little bit and develop some plans to improve that 10-20%.

CanadaKen
02-22-2015, 02:07 PM
The game against Yale was shown Canada wide. The 2nd and 3rd periods for me had to be 2 of the worst periods of hockey I have seen the Bobcats play all year.
Didn't see so much as 1 minute of the Brown game but from what I'm reading here a referee had a lot to do with the outcome. That's always bad for any sport.

CK

MarkEagleUSA
02-22-2015, 07:38 PM
The game against Yale was shown Canada wide. The 2nd and 3rd periods for me had to be 2 of the worst periods of hockey I have seen the Bobcats play all year.They were. We were very lucky that Yale wasn't able to capitalize it. That tells me they didn't have a really good game either.

Didn't see so much as 1 minute of the Brown game but from what I'm reading here a referee had a lot to do with the outcome.Well, he (McDonald) tried. Neither call was directly tied to the outcome but that doesn't excuse the ineptitude of the officiating.

ZYanksRule
02-22-2015, 09:26 PM
You hear the same complaints out of all of the conferences, especially Hockey East. It's like any workplace, 10-20% of the workers don't have a clue.

Exactly. The NHL can't find enough good refs, how the heck is college hockey going to?