PDA

View Full Version : 2014-2015 Quinnipiac Bobcats: "I hear Boston is nice in April"

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41

QUBobcats70
02-14-2015, 10:12 AM
Mark,

Nice story. I think Rand has done a great job, on and off the ice for Quinnipiac.

If you haven't read the article, here is the link to the Register about the game last night. The St. Lawrence goalie was very good, and entertaining to watch...

http://www.nhregister.com/sports/20150213/garteig-quinnipiac-get-best-of-hayton-st-lawrence

See you tonight.

CanadaKen
02-14-2015, 10:35 AM
People can say whatever they want about Rand, the team, or the school. It's these off-ice stories that make me feel good. For a coach and 4 of his players to take time out of their day shows a tremendous amount of class and integrity in my book. We've all read about the team visits to local schools and the like, but these types of things also happen quite often and go unnoticed by most.

I know Rand is as proud of his players scholastic achievements as he is of their on ice performance!

CK

MSchvatz44
02-14-2015, 10:54 AM
Here's a great feel good story I was told last night. It goes to show the class and compassion that Rand and the team are made of, regardless of what the detractors may think.

A fellow season ticket holder that sits in front of me fell and shattered his hip a couple of months ago and has been confined to a bed at a rehab facility. His friend, also a season ticket holder who has battled cancer, wanted to do something to try and cheer his buddy up. So he called Rand thinking that he'd get a secretary, and when Rand answered he explained the situation and asked if there was something the team might be able to send to cheer up his friend. Rand told him he'd have his secretary get back to him in a few hours to set something up.

Well, later that afternoon, they set a time to meet at the facility and Rand, along with Peca, Federico, and 2 other players showed up for a visit. They had a framed picture signed by the entire team along with a bunch of other trinkets. They visited for an hour, talking about the team and hockey in general. Both men were amazed at the caring and compassion the guys had towards basically a complete stranger.

People can say whatever they want about Rand, the team, or the school. It's these off-ice stories that make me feel good. For a coach and 4 of his players to take time out of their day shows a tremendous amount of class and integrity in my book. We've all read about the team visits to local schools and the like, but these types of things also happen quite often and go unnoticed by most.

Great story, Mark. Thanks for sharing it!

Last night was undoubtedly a big win. I wasn't too pleased at times, but they were able to gut it out to take the driver's seat for the Cleary Cup. Even with a couple of quite poor breakdowns defensively, Garteig was able to keep this team in the game. As Mark said before, I too would like to see a little more production offensively, but hey, I'll take what I can get! The Larrys seem to be a pretty good team this year. I, for one, would prefer not to see them again come March ;)

Tonight has the feel of a potential trap game. Clarkson is solid, but this game does not have close to the same hype as either last night or next week's Yale matchup. Clarkson should be desperate to get two points out of this one, and the Bobcats are coming off a very physical game. I can definitely see the Golden Knights taking tonight's game. Hopefully I am wrong.

Also, maybe those of you in attendance can speak to the atmosphere of the game. It looked like a pretty packed place, albeit late-arriving. Hard to get a gauge of the noise in the building through the broadcast, but from talking to friends there, they stated the Bank was jumping!

And yes, those jerseys are amazing. I would most certainly bid quite a few bucks to get my hands on one of those!

MarkEagleUSA
02-14-2015, 12:26 PM
Also, maybe those of you in attendance can speak to the atmosphere of the game. It looked like a pretty packed place, albeit late-arriving. Hard to get a gauge of the noise in the building through the broadcast, but from talking to friends there, they stated the Bank was jumping!Full house but too quiet for my liking. The students were engaged but too timid IMHO. Luke was commenting how things have mellowed substantially since his days behind the end glass.

And yes, those jerseys are amazing. I would most certainly bid quite a few bucks to get my hands on one of those!They were sweet. Need regular names on the back though. This old guy has trouble remembering all the numbers! I'm curious if they'll have them on again tonight...

BigAl
02-14-2015, 01:27 PM
Full house but too quiet for my liking. The students were engaged but too timid IMHO. Luke was commenting how things have mellowed substantially since his days behind the end glass.

They were sweet. Need regular names on the back though. This old guy has trouble remembering all the numbers! I'm curious if they'll have them on again tonight...

Whites tonight

DownOnTheFarm
02-14-2015, 08:01 PM
Q looked very strong and positive for 5 out of 6 Periods this weekend. Those jerseys on Friday were on point for sure, big props to the Student Veterans Organization.

As disappointing they were in the first half they have really turned the page to a new chapter with the young group.

QUAlum2004
02-14-2015, 08:14 PM
First round bye clinched along with another 20 win season.

BigAl
02-14-2015, 09:13 PM
The Cleary Cup will be in the building Friday. A win will clinch it

QUAlum2004
02-14-2015, 09:26 PM
The Cleary Cup will be in the building Friday. A win will clinch it

Beating Yale on top of it to win the Cleary would be extra sweet.

BigAl
02-14-2015, 09:48 PM
More importantly, we have the RPI lead over Providence and BC who are tied with us in the Pairwise at 10, so we are 10th in terms of bracketology

MarkEagleUSA
02-14-2015, 10:40 PM
Another awesome weekend. Play wasn't stellar but they managed to get it done. Garteig is playing as good as he ever has and saved the bacon a few times this weekend.

Our first goal on the PP was a thing of beauty. Face off won back to Agosta who chipped it up to Peca, over to Smith, down to Anas, across to St. Denis who buried the one timer. Equally as impressive was the 2nd goal where Peca took the puck on the right side, slammed it into Lewis' pads, and then had the presence of mind to tap it over to Landon Smith who shot it 5-hole. Most guys would have kept whacking at that puck but Matt knew what to do and got it done. Really, really heads up play.

Hopefully Peca is ok... he went in the tunnel with about 2 minutes remaining in the 2nd and didn't come out for the 3rd. Maybe Rand kept him safe as Clarkson started to get chippy late in the 2nd.

DownOnTheFarm
02-15-2015, 05:01 PM
QU should probably bust out those Camo Jerseys one more time for Friday, I have a strange feeling it is going to be a War on the Ice. I really do not see Yale giving any space on that ice nor do I see Q sitting back comfortable. Hopefully the D and Garteig continue to play the way they have been.

Just sucks having to watch these games at 4 pm all the way over here in the Bay Area.

Dutchman
02-16-2015, 10:25 AM
Congratulations Q on your second Cleary Cup!!! You really earned it !!!! I think it is the most important trophy in the ECAC because it really signifies the best team and encompasses a body of work which is the whole season. You also won it going away, not one of these last minute affairs .....

Saints#1
02-16-2015, 10:54 AM
Congratulations Q on your second Cleary Cup!!! You really earned it !!!! I think it is the most important trophy in the ECAC because it really signifies the best team and encompasses a body of work which is the whole season. You also won it going away, not one of these last minute affairs .....

Correct me if I am wrong, but they haven't clinched the Cleary Cup just yet. I think we all know they will, but there are still 4 games and 8 points up for grab for each team and at the moment they have a 6 point lead over St. Lawrence. Congratulations should be reserved for when they actually do clinch don't you think? I have a feeling that will probably be Friday night ...

MSchvatz44
02-16-2015, 11:23 AM
Correct me if I am wrong, but they haven't clinched the Cleary Cup just yet. I think we all know they will, but there are still 4 games and 8 points up for grab for each team and at the moment they have a 6 point lead over St. Lawrence. Congratulations should be reserved for when they actually do clinch don't you think? I have a feeling that will probably be Friday night ...

You are correct. A win Friday night (or SLU loss) over Yale will clinch it. Both teams tying Friday night would get it done also.

Saints#1
02-16-2015, 11:32 AM
You are correct. A win Friday night (or SLU loss) over Yale will clinch it. Both teams tying Friday night would get it done also.

That's what I thought as well ... I was beginning to wonder if my old age was catching up to me and a slow decline in my memory was beginning to show :o ;)

Got 6, Want More
02-16-2015, 05:31 PM

Not sure that's correct. If QU goes 1-3 to end the season and SLU goes 4-0 then they end up tied in points and (regardless of head to head) share the cup! I think the only way you seal it is 2-0 this weekend or SLU goes less than 2-0.

Saints#1
02-16-2015, 06:03 PM
Not sure that's correct. If QU goes 1-3 to end the season and SLU goes 4-0 then they end up tied in points and (regardless of head to head) share the cup! I think the only way you seal it is 2-0 this weekend or SLU goes less than 2-0.

A Quinnipiac win Friday and an SLU loss clinches the Cleary Cup for Quinnipiac ... An SLU loss or a Quinnipiac win clinches them at least a share of the Cleary Cup. Which is what I am assuming he meant, that Quinnipiac clinches the Cleary Cup.

Got 6, Want More
02-16-2015, 08:18 PM
A Quinnipiac win Friday and an SLU loss clinches the Cleary Cup for Quinnipiac ... An SLU loss or a Quinnipiac win clinches them at least a share of the Cleary Cup. Which is what I am assuming he meant, that Quinnipiac clinches the Cleary Cup.

Or put more simply, 3 points for QU wins it.

BobNY
02-16-2015, 10:07 PM
I'm a little late with my post weekend hooray. Great 4 point weekend.
Hope to take the next 2 points from Yale on friday!! Wish I could be there as I'm sure it's going to be an exciting game. We will be there for the Brown game on Saturday.

It's been a great hockey week so far. 4 points for the Bobcats over the weekend, I got to purchase QU Quarter Final tickets today and the Rangers finally took one from the Islanders tonight :)

SLU Guy's, Major respect for your team. That was a great game that could have gone either way. SLU would definitely be a team I would root for if the Bobcats weren't in the thick of things.
I predicted earlier that SLU would go 4-1 in the games remaining after the QU game. I guess I was wrong..... 4-0-1 maybe?