PDA

View Full Version : 2014-2015 Quinnipiac Bobcats: "I hear Boston is nice in April"

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41

QUAlum2004
10-11-2014, 07:01 AM
Wish I was there tonight but hopefully they come out fast against Bentley.

BigAl
10-11-2014, 08:27 PM
Really liked what I saw from St. Denis tonight. He really played well in the first. Peca looked like he did at the end of last year which is a relief after shoulder surgery. Anas looks like he can put up similar numbers to last season from what I've seen. He still gets that puck to the top corners and seems to almost pick his spot every time.The Piepers looked to fit in nicely. I think Smith will be a big time player for us in the future and MacMaster reminded me of a young Peca a couple times. Garteig needs to step up. He lets in a lot. We need him to keep developing if we want to be competitive. All together, a wins a win.

Big weekend next weekend. Lowell beat BC 5-2 last night. Should be a fun weekend. I'll be at both games. Good to meet Mark Eagle tonight and to see Larson, Schvatz, and Thx

MarkEagleUSA
10-11-2014, 09:30 PM
Good to meet Mark Eagle tonightNice to finally meet you too!

and to see Larson, Schvatz, and ThxI'm not sure if seeing Larson is ever a good thing... :eek: ;)

I was impressed with what I saw tonight. The freshmen that played all looked good. They played a very up-tempo game used their speed. Lot's of promise out there.

Garts was good but I agree that he needs to step up. A soft goal or 2 really hurts his otherwise stellar abilities.

Overall, I think we'll be fine as long everyone buys into the system and plays as a team.

CanadaKen
10-12-2014, 11:04 AM
Renoufs were sat out? Next game hopefully.

From what I saw of the Peipers last year back here I was sure they would fit right in.

CK

BigAl
10-12-2014, 11:34 AM
Renoufs were sat out? Next game hopefully.

From what I saw of the Peipers last year back here I was sure they would fit right in.

CK
I don't really seeing the Renoufs playing much. The Piepers are more ready and would Rand play one without the other? Probably not. For them, it's a disadvantage that they're twins at this point. I'd play Tiefenwerth before them but we'll see. Sounds like Soren is tied with the Piepers for now, so I just don't see space for the Renoufs right now

MarkEagleUSA
10-12-2014, 02:52 PM
Sounds like Soren is tied with the Piepers for now, so I just don't see space for the Renoufs right nowOn any given night there's a bunch of guys that won't be dressed so not having the Renouf's last night wasn't a shock. That said, they can easily replace the Pieper's or even be part of another line. There was a lot of offensive talent not dressed last night and all of them have the potential to contribute.

It's possible that this teams' fortunes rest solely in the hands of Rand and how he manages and utilizes the talent he has available.

Larson210
10-12-2014, 06:24 PM
Just got home a few hours ago. I'd say it was just about a perfect weekend ... Well if would have been if Mark Eagle wasn't there! ;) All kidding aside ... I thought the team played well overall and showed some promise. Agosta was good but not great. Garteig was subpar (and that is putting it nicely). I liked Taverner and thought he was aggressive for a good chunk of the night. I think we all are wondering what kind of production we will see from Anas this year after his performance last season. If last night was any indication I think he will be just fine! Really great to see everyone last night not just from the forum but throughout the rest of the building. It's really cool having a home away from home!

Go Bobcats!

QUAlum2004
10-13-2014, 11:28 AM
Up 2 spots to 13th in the USCHO poll this week.

Aerman
10-13-2014, 12:17 PM
... Agosta was good but not great ...

That's exactly who Justin is. Not much flash, but solid, solid, solid. That's why UNH will miss him so much this year and Q will benefit. His steadiness provides opportunity for the youngsters to figure it out.

Larson210
10-13-2014, 12:38 PM
That's exactly who Justin is. Not much flash, but solid, solid, solid. That's why UNH will miss him so much this year and Q will benefit. His steadiness provides opportunity for the youngsters to figure it out.

Watching him last year I was surprised at how much he was involved in the offense. Hopefully he can bring some of that this year. Like Rand has already said, while Agosta is a veteran he is adjusting to a completely different system. I'm sure he is happy that he doesn't have to wait to hear Dick whistle before he goes for a change.

That no flash solid player is sort of who Federico is so it will be nice having two of those guys as anchors. Should be great weekend coming up!

BigAl
10-14-2014, 01:10 PM
Will be at both games this weekend. Really interested to see how it plays out. Lowell is very young with 14 freshman on the roster but they still have experience. They beat a BC team who was severely overrated after losing their only offense from last year (Johnny, Arnold, Hayes), not to take anything away from Lowell. Tsongas was reportedly packed with Lowell students and a great college hockey environment against BC and I expect some of the same against us Friday. We certainly will provide a great atmosphere saturday at our place. A split seems the most likely here but I'd never expect or hope for just a split. Another week of practice will certainly help with all the new lines. Garteig MUST have a good weekend. Offense has to come from defense and if they do that, they'll be fine.

Have a good week everyone and hopefully see you at some games

QUAlum2004
10-14-2014, 01:20 PM
I'm hoping to get to Friday's games. It will be a big weekend of games to see where we match up with a solid team.

MarkEagleUSA
10-17-2014, 03:34 AM
Game day in Lowell.

On paper we look to be closely matched with UML. I'm not sure what to expect since I don't think we've seen what we really have. Hopefully the coaches have figured it out.

Go Q!

Larson210
10-17-2014, 08:38 AM
Really excited for tonight's game! It seems like it was just a few years ago that I was going to Tsongas to see Maine beat up on the River Hawks, but boy has a lot changed since my days in middle school. Their program has had a huge turnaround and I love it. A lot of the praise should be put on Norm Bazin, but the real praise goes to Bill Riga. I mean if they weren't roommates all those years ago ... How would Norm have learned a **** thing!

I remember talking to Riga before the Frozen Four and being astonished at how small the college hockey world is when I found out they roomed together for a short time at Lowell. Riga had such high praise for Norm as a leader and said over and over about how great of a guy he is. After everything Bazin has gone through I'm so happy he is so successful. Of course, I hope his River Hawks get swept this weekend.

I'll be there with Dad so if you see a long haired 20 something in a Wong jersey be sure to say hello. I should also note I am not a girl. So if you see a long haired 20 something female in a Wong jersey DONT say hello. I think she's Schvatz's ex-girlfriend and is a bit bitter about the whole break up. If you won't be in Lowell tonight I'll see you tomorrow at the Bank!

QUAlum2004
10-17-2014, 09:13 AM
Really excited for tonight's game! It seems like it was just a few years ago that I was going to Tsongas to see Maine beat up on the River Hawks, but boy has a lot changed since my days in middle school. Their program has had a huge turnaround and I love it. A lot of the praise should be put on Norm Bazin, but the real praise goes to Bill Riga. I mean if they weren't roommates all those years ago ... How would Norm have learned a **** thing!

I remember talking to Riga before the Frozen Four and being astonished at how small the college hockey world is when I found out they roomed together for a short time at Lowell. Riga had such high praise for Norm as a leader and said over and over about how great of a guy he is. After everything Bazin has gone through I'm so happy he is so successful. Of course, I hope his River Hawks get swept this weekend.

I'll be there with Dad so if you see a long haired 20 something in a Wong jersey be sure to say hello. I should also note I am not a girl. So if you see a long haired 20 something female in a Wong jersey DONT say hello. I think she's Schvatz's ex-girlfriend and is a bit bitter about the whole break up. If you won't be in Lowell tonight I'll see you tomorrow at the Bank!

Ill be in Lowell tonight in Section 118.

MarkEagleUSA
10-17-2014, 10:51 AM
If you won't be in Lowell tonight I'll see you tomorrow at the Bank!
Sadly I won't be making the trip tonight but you know where to find me tomorrow!

QUAlum2004
10-17-2014, 08:17 PM
Egg laid tonight but credit lowell for capitalizing on their chances. Have to go get then tomorrow night at the bank.

MarkEagleUSA
10-17-2014, 09:08 PM
Was hard to tell on my video feed but it looked like we were a step behind them all night. They were undressing us in transition and had numerous odd-man rushes.

They need to regroup quickly and come out firing tomorrow. A split against a top-10 team still makes a decent weekend out of it.

QU2201
10-17-2014, 09:10 PM
Saw the boys play in my backyard tonight and overall looked like a team with a lot of turnover from last year. Some good and some not so good. That not so good cost them, particularly defensive lapses by some guys I didn't expect to see. Federico froze for split second and it cost him on the first goal. Agosta inexplicably did a 180 pass in his own zone right to a Lowell attacker who shot it past Garteig who never saw it. Speaking of Garteig, he gave up a juicy(by juicy I mean terrible) rebound goal in the 3rd that was a killer.

The good news is despite the 6-3 score, the team kept fighting and added a couple goals late to keep it close. Peca and Anas are going to have a special year if they can stay healthy. Not sold on Macmaster as the other spot on the top line but it's early. Finally, I think the best player on the ice tonight for the bobcats was Devon Toews. The kid showed why he was drafted as high as he was between his speed, awareness, and his transition game. Boston Bruins fans can appreciate the need for a puck moving defensman and Toews is indeed that.

It's early and I expect this team to gel as time goes on but tonight Lowell capitalized on their chances and deserved the victory.

MarkEagleUSA
10-18-2014, 07:37 AM
Game day at the Bank!

Home ice advantage? I hope so. If they can polish up those rough edges things will start to come together. As long as they keep their heads in the game and keep getting pucks to the net they'll be fine.

Will there be any significant changes to the lineup? Time will tell.

Go Q!