PDA

View Full Version : 2014-2015 Quinnipiac Bobcats: "I hear Boston is nice in April"

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41

MarkEagleUSA
12-27-2014, 07:51 AM
Game day at the Bank!

Two games we definitely need to take to start the 2nd half. There will be some rust from the holiday break so it comes down to who can shake it off quicker.

Go Q!

#GameDayGold

FredDavenport
12-27-2014, 12:07 PM
Get here early, only standing room tickets left!

MarkEagleUSA
12-28-2014, 09:18 AM
A decent showing last night but they really need to be finding the net more. Rand mixed up the lines a bit and they seemed to work for the most part. Defense played well and Gartieg was solid.

A bus ride down to Princeton for today's game. Hopefully they come out firing and take it to the Tigers early. A 4-pt league weekend would be huge going into the 2nd half.

Go Q!

#GameDayGold

ZYanksRule
12-28-2014, 04:38 PM
Is it just me, or does Buccigross annoy the heck out of anyone else? Man, I really don't enjoy his game calls.

Also, I'm breaking out the tape measure, there's no way Hobey Baker Rink is 200x85. It looks like they're playing hockey in a pinball machine.

ZYanksRule
12-28-2014, 04:50 PM
"Anas has thepuckwatchoutforhim! He shoots it [whispers] wiiide"

Dude, enough. We get it, the player's a goal scorer. You don't have to remind us every time he has the puck.

Also, did anyone know Quinnipiac leads the league? He's only said it about 6,793 times tonight. It's like the guy did ten minutes of research and is trying to prove how much prep he did by repeating the same phrases over and over and over and over and over ...

ZYanksRule
12-28-2014, 05:14 PM
One more Buccigross note: "Nice D-to-D pass" ... it was a pass from a defenseman up to a forward entering the zone.

Dude, give me a break.

Anyways, great effort by Quinnipiac. Super sloppy in the O-zone (How many missed shots did QU have? Whatever the number, it was ridiculous). Defensively though, superb. Take the two points and get the hell out of there.

MarkEagleUSA
12-28-2014, 05:24 PM
Anyways, great effort by Quinnipiac. Super sloppy in the O-zone (How many missed shots did QU have? Whatever the number, it was ridiculous). Defensively though, superb. Take the two points and get the hell out of there.That about sums it up. The only thing missing are the goals. If they can figure out how to bury the puck they can be very potent.

Great weekend with 4 points to give us some breathing room for the time being.

By the way Seth... what do you think of Buccigross? :p

ZYanksRule
12-28-2014, 05:31 PM
By the way Seth... what do you think of Buccigross? :p

Not a fan. Haha.

MarkEagleUSA
12-28-2014, 05:48 PM
Did you notice he called "onsides" a couple of times? :eek:

ZYanksRule
12-28-2014, 07:55 PM
Did you notice he called "onsides" a couple of times? :eek:

Mark, he's so bad. Look, I love the fact that he loves hockey, but the way he shoves it in your face while doing a game, "Look at me, I'm a Real Hockey Fan." It's just ridiculous. Add in the fact that you could tell he did very little prep -- and you can ALWAYS tell -- that was as bad a broadcast as I've ever seen from ESPN. Raycroft, who probably was announcing his first-ever game, sounded like he didn't have a clue what he was doing, but that's to be expected for a guy that was still playing eight months ago.

CollegeHockeyRinkReport
12-29-2014, 11:02 AM
Petruzzelli brothers make All-Tournament Team as Springfield Cathedral wins Pete Frates Classic

http://es.pn/1y0vTvx

CollegeHockeyRinkReport
12-30-2014, 09:33 AM
More Petruzzelli brother updates

http://sbnation.com/e/7210902

MarkEagleUSA
12-31-2014, 09:51 PM
Happy New Year to all the Bobcats, their families, friends, and fans!

CanadaKen
01-01-2015, 11:06 AM
Happy New Year to all the Bobcats, their families, friends, and fans!

All the best for 2015 to you and yours!

Didn't travel to St. Cloud this year as the trip is later in the year this time. I sure hope they get
better refereeing than the last time they were in St. Cloud!!!

Ken

MarkEagleUSA
01-02-2015, 08:29 AM
Game day in St. Cloud.

Another tough 2 game series after a holiday break. The Huskies have been splitting most of their series against the likes of Colgate, Union, and Minnesota. They will not roll over and lay down for the Bobcats that's for sure. We're going to need a strong effort from Gartieg and he'll need a strong effort from the D out front. On the offensive side, we need to start scoring more goals... must find a way to start burying more rubber in the net. This is a critical series to start the 2nd half.

Go Q!

#GameDayGold

MarkEagleUSA
01-02-2015, 10:06 PM
We're going to need a strong effort from Gartieg and he'll need a strong effort from the D out front.I thought Garteig played well but the D didn't show up. I've never seen so many guys standing around looking at the scenery. About midway through the 2nd it looked like the larger ice caught up with us... very sluggish. They had a few good looks at the end but the SCSU goalie made some huge saves.

Regroup and come out swinging tomorrow...

MarkEagleUSA
01-03-2015, 01:28 PM
Game 2 on tap tonight. Will they be able to recover and pull out a split with the Huskies? The defense is going to need to be much better tonight. They can't leave Garts hanging out to dry like they did last night. I'd still like to see the offense pop a few more into the net. It will take a complete team effort to bring home 2 points.

Go Q!

#GameDayGold

SCSU Euro
01-03-2015, 05:16 PM
Game 2 on tap tonight. Will they be able to recover and pull out a split with the Huskies? The defense is going to need to be much better tonight. They can't leave Garts hanging out to dry like they did last night. I'd still like to see the offense pop a few more into the net. It will take a complete team effort to bring home 2 points.

Go Q!

#GameDayGold

They started handing out points for non conference games? :D

Didn't see the game, curious to see if SCSU can pick up our first sweep of the season.

MarkEagleUSA
01-03-2015, 05:20 PM
They started handing out points for non conference games? :DFiguratively speaking... ;)

MarkEagleUSA
01-03-2015, 09:29 PM
Much, much better effort tonight, and a nice rebound from last night. Garteig was huge and was clearly the best player on the ice. He got plenty of help from the D when he needed it.

Even strength, shortie, PPG, and an empty netter... I'd still like to see more production out of the offense but as long as we score more than the opposition I'm good. ;)