PDA

View Full Version : 2014-2015 Quinnipiac Bobcats: "I hear Boston is nice in April"

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41

FredDavenport
11-20-2014, 04:44 PM
Nice Story on College Hockey News:

http://quinnipiac.prestosports.com/sports/mice/2014-15/releases/2014111963otr7

ZYanksRule
11-20-2014, 10:35 PM
Nice Story on College Hockey News:

http://quinnipiac.prestosports.com/sports/mice/2014-15/releases/2014111963otr7

Great article!

As a reporter, I wish Rand would have commented on Schafer's comments, though I obviously understand why he didn't. There's not much for him to gain there.

CanadaKen
11-20-2014, 10:53 PM
Ok, I'll bight....what did Schafer say? I'm 3500 miles away....hard to keep up. :)

Ken

Got 6, Want More
11-21-2014, 01:03 AM
ok, i'll bight....what did schafer say?

Ken

the truth!!!

MSchvatz44
11-21-2014, 12:08 PM
the truth!!!

:rolleyes:

QUAlum2004
11-21-2014, 12:21 PM
We picked up another recruit in goaltender Andrew Shortridge from Aberdeen of the NAHL. Not sure when he is set to come to Hamden.

http://nahl.com/news/story.cfm?id=12854

MarkEagleUSA
11-21-2014, 12:23 PM
#GameDayGold

Tough north country trip. Four points would be huge.

Go Q!

QUAlum2004
11-21-2014, 03:23 PM
We picked up another recruit in goaltender Andrew Shortridge from Aberdeen of the NAHL. Not sure when he is set to come to Hamden.

http://nahl.com/news/story.cfm?id=12854

Doing some more thought on Shortridge he has to be coming in for the 2016-17 class. With Garteig, Meyers and Lawrence we will be all set for next season. Garteig and Meyers will be Seniors with Lawrence a sophomore. Though maybe Rand carries 4 goalies next year. Lawrence and Shortridge though will be the bridge until Keith Petruzzelli gets to Hamden.

MarkEagleUSA
11-21-2014, 09:04 PM
A very disjointed effort tonight. They could not establish any flow offensively and the Knights found a way to get deep into our zone. Gartieg did what he could to keep it close and give us a chance. Even a lengthy of 6 on 3 in the final minutes didn't help. Hopefully they pull it together and play better tomorrow. Need to bring home 2 points this weekend.

MarkEagleUSA
11-22-2014, 09:55 AM
Hoping the short trip over to Canton helps out the boys tonight. They need to find the offense they had over the past few weeks. After a very weak effort last night, I'm looking for them to pick it up tonight. Hayton appears to be the real deal in net for SLU so we'll need to pepper him hard and often. Defense will need to be solid in front of Gartieg. It's going to take a complete team effort at both ends of the ice.

#GameDayGold

Go Q!

QUAlum2004
11-22-2014, 08:10 PM
Sam Anas saving the weekend and getting two points tonight. Absolutely huge.

MarkEagleUSA
11-22-2014, 08:56 PM
Gutsy road win and a huge 2 points.

Outplayed for most of the game, they found a way to tie it in the 3rd and then take the W in OT. At least the long ride home won't be so bad for them!

Now we just need to hope they don't overdo the turkey on Thursday so that they can take care of business next weekend.

MSchvatz44
11-22-2014, 09:12 PM
Nice to see Anas chucking up the deuces to Got 6...err St. Lawrence. Big two points to salvage the No-Co trip!

ZYanksRule
11-23-2014, 12:16 AM
Nice to see Anas chucking up the deuces to Got 6...err St. Lawrence. Big two points to salvage the No-Co trip!

Two points in the North Country is a huge weekend. That's a huge two points right there. It does more than salvage the weekend.

QUAlum2004
11-23-2014, 06:44 AM
The only disappointment of the weekend was I wanted Rand to win his 400th game at Saint Lawrence. Guess he will have to do it next week against UMass.

critsports
11-23-2014, 10:42 AM
The only disappointment of the weekend was I wanted Rand to win his 400th game at Saint Lawrence. Guess he will have to do it next week against UMass.

At least the long ride home won't be so bad for them!

Geez....amazing how our disappointments almost match. We were hoping "Raaaand" got food poisoning at Pizza Hut, and that the bathroom on the bus was not working for the ride home. Amazing how our sentiments are almost identical! :D

A good game.....too bad the officiating was so poor. (Both ways.) Next time we get a PP we are going to decline. We played far better 5 on 5. The calls in OT were horrible and you could tell they were looking to even the calls up in OT. The last call cost us a point.

MarkEagleUSA
11-23-2014, 04:12 PM
A good game.....too bad the officiating was so poor. (Both ways.)Leblanc might just be worse than McDonald! He's been clueless in the 2 games he did in Hamden. I watched the video this morning and saw that at the end of the game he tossed your #7 off the ice before the handshake line. Nothing in the camera shot so I don't know what that was about. The officiating thus far this season has been the worst I can remember. Every game seems to be full of phantom calls and make-up calls.

Next time we get a PP we are going to decline. We played far better 5 on 5.SLU was the better team for most of the night. Whatever the breakdown was at the end in OT was uncharacteristic of the rest of the game... 4 guys standing around watching Anas worm his way into the zone and towards the net. You have to admit it was a beauty of a shot though. I don't think Hayton ever saw it. We were lucky to tie it and even luckier to win it.

The calls in OT were horrible and you could tell they were looking to even the calls up in OT. The last call cost us a point.When they put St. Denis in to start OT I said there'd be a make-up call within the first minute... sure enough :39 in and wham! I wasn't sure what the misconduct on Smolcynski was as he was sitting on the bench... probably said something he shouldn't have.

BigAl
11-23-2014, 04:54 PM
Anyone heard from Got 6? Hope he's ok

Saints#1
11-23-2014, 05:57 PM

Okay, so for those of your fans that were wondering why the majority of the league can't stand you guys, this is a perfect example of it right here. This is the 2nd post in less than a 24 hour period where you guys are trying to instigate whatever the heck it is you're looking to instigate from him. If he came on here and lit into you again (as truthful as it is most of the time) you guys would then turn around and claim how wrong he is and how he is a big meany. Quit trying to start something that isn't there and move on. Clearly Got6 has a life and he is out living it, don't you think it would be advantageous of you to maybe give that a try as well? :rolleyes:

Got 6, Want More
11-23-2014, 08:03 PM

Yeah, I'm here you troll. I basking in our irrelevance after we played like crap, outplayed Q-suck for most of the game, watch Q-suck get two goals that probably shouldn't have counted due to goalie interference and a blatant penalty on the 2nd goal, and still took you guys to OT in a game you were desperate to win after losing to Clarkson. So what, you beat a team all you wizards picked for 11th and lost to a team that's .500. Yeah, Anus had a nice goal in OT, but the only reason it happened is our freshmen forward over-pursued and lost an edge leaving Anus a clear path up the ice without defense. It's a miracle that it went to OT and SLU didn't score in the last minute before one of your cheap leaders takes a dangerous whack at an SLU player after the horn. And, you still have the biggest tool for a coach in all of NCAA hockey. Got news for you, a healthy Colgate is a better team than you. A healthy and intact SLU might be too as we played without our captain and a freshmen that would have been a factor in the game.

I'd rather lose and be a Saint than have any affiliation with coach P-wood and his tribe of dimwits.