Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Union College Hockey 2014-2015 "ReUnion 2015? Why "Nott"?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Union College Hockey 2014-2015 "ReUnion 2015? Why "Nott"?

Having the last few years completely eclipse the years of ignominy and frustration, it is disconcerting to see Union with not even a vote in this week's poll. With two prolific scorers, a W in tonight's game would certainly be tasty. The third period in Albany resurrected last year's excitement. Beating #4 Harvard will fuel an elusive optimism for a late season run.

Comment

Sak in goal tonight:

Comment

• Originally posted by rdf8585 View Post
        Sak in goal tonight:

Interesting...I figured Bennett would stay with Colin in goal.
        Union Hockey

2014 National Champions!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by aweise View Post
          Interesting...I figured Bennett would stay with Colin in goal.
          As did I.

Comment

That was a restorative!

Comment

Big win! Let's keep it going! Vech is a beast and to think all those Boston schools passed him up
              Union College Hockey
              2014 NCAA National Champions
              2012, 2013, 2014 ECAC Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by UnionFan4Life View Post
                Big win! Let's keep it going! Vech is a beast and to think all those Boston schools passed him up
                Goalie situation aside, I really hope Bennett sticks with these lines. Huge win!!

Time to put this aside and focus on Dartmouth.
                Union Hockey

2014 National Champions!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Got 6, Want More View Post
                  It's the circumstances that contribute to the issue. RPI was down 8-3 with under a minute left. It was a very dangerous hit. It's not the injuries that were sustained as much as it is the injuries that could have been sustained. Anytime I watch hockey at any level my stomach knots up when I see a player hit from behind and, in this case, there was clear intent. Perhaps, my feelings about hits from behind come from seeing three great kids from SLU sustain broken necks since 1988 along with countless other concussions. That kind of hit is always going to garner a suspension and it always should. Fortunately, Vasaturo did not have a concussion or worse. If he did, I'm an advocate of the perp doing just as much time as the victim. Physical hockey is awesome and fun. Cheap shot hockey is not.
                  Really Excellent Post
                  Thanks Got 6, Want More ...
                  DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
                  DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

Colin in goal tomorrow? Savored the win and then started thinking about Dartmouth...U must be relentless for 60 min to get out with a win.

Comment

7-2-1 on the road
                      Was that Di Pauli's first goal ?
                      Played 60 minutes of intense hockey
                      Great turnout - both teams

Not to diminish our win but none of Harvard's injured were back for our game.
                      Wilkins 8 pts in last 3 games - only had 9 points before that. Stepping up !!!
                      We need better defense from the second line.
                      We still need to block more shots. We blocked 20 against BU .... blocked shots lead to odd man rushes lead to goals.
                      Last edited by Dutchman; 01-31-2015, 07:42 AM.
                      DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
                      DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

• Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
                        7-2-1 on the road
                        Was that Di Pauli's first goal ?
                        Played 60 minutes of intense hockey
                        Great turnout
                        Di Pauli had his first goal at Messa last year, I never saw someone so happy to score a goal lol. Tomorrow will be a battle, I'd like to see Collin in net but who knows at this point. Just keep that road warrior mentality.
                        Union College Hockey
                        2014 NCAA National Champions
                        2012, 2013, 2014 ECAC Champions

Comment

Great game, from both teams. A full 60 minutes of hockey.
                          As previously said, we are still a bit shy on defense, especially by the forwards. I really like the progress Taylor is making. Looks like Pontarelli is trying to get some fire back, very nice to see. Hope Bennett keeps those lines !
                          Let's go Union !
                          ECAC Regular season champion : 2010-11, 2011-12, 2013-14, 2016-17
                          ECAC Tournament champion : 2012, 2013, 2014
                          NCAA champion : 2014

Comment

Very nice win and a fantastic game to watch, even if the Crimson were undermanned a bit. The way the second period was going looked like a "first team to 10" night. A big 2 points in the standings, though the 3 teams right ahead of U all won so still in 10th. Huge game tonight against Dartmouth, as win would be a move up. This isn't going to be a great defensive team, so might as well out-shoot 'em I guess..

Also, Champ is now leading scorer in D-1, though Eichel is hot on his heals after a 4-point night of his own, and Vecks is 3rd. Vesey is 7th, though tied with Eichel at top PPG since he's played 4-6 less games than everyone else. Interesting how the supposed demise of Boston area hockey doesn't seem to be the case this year. They always say it has to do with how the Bruins are doing and they've been pretty good the past 5-6 years.. Rick & the coaches need to keep those connections going in eastern Mass.
                            UNIONNY HOCKEY - Not in Kentucky anymore..

Comment

Originally posted by ADK11 View Post
                              Very nice win and a fantastic game to watch, even if the Crimson were undermanned a bit. The way the second period was going looked like a "first team to 10" night. A big 2 points in the standings, though the 3 teams right ahead of U all won so still in 10th. Huge game tonight against Dartmouth, as win would be a move up. This isn't going to be a great defensive team, so might as well out-shoot 'em I guess..

Also, Champ is now leading scorer in D-1, though Eichel is hot on his heals after a 4-point night of his own, and Vecks is 3rd. Vesey is 7th, though tied with Eichel at top PPG since he's played 4-6 less games than everyone else. Interesting how the supposed demise of Boston area hockey doesn't seem to be the case this year. They always say it has to do with how the Bruins are doing and they've been pretty good the past 5-6 years.. Rick & the coaches need to keep those connections going in eastern Mass.
                              It is hard to believe Union is in 10th. If the season ended tomorrow I can only imagine the meetings in the hockey office of the 7th place team. Clearly, you guys are starting to come on. Big win last night. I get the feeling it might have been easier to get points from you guys in November than it will be in February.
                              9/11/01 - Stewie & Pelch, you are missed by the SLU Family.
                              1962, 1988, 1989, 1992, 2000, 2001, we want More!!!

Comment

Great Win Union...congrats !
                                It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Working...
                                X