PDA

View Full Version : Union College Hockey 2014-2015 "ReUnion 2015? Why "Nott"?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51

Vaportrail
02-04-2015, 08:10 PM
Congratulations to Daniel. Particularly impressive given record of 3-4-1 during January!

Dutchman
02-04-2015, 08:58 PM
Somewhere between 10 - 18 games to go ..... Worse case scenario .... we are on the road or home for the first round of the tournament and drop 2. 10 games ... season over. I still think the ECAC can end up only 1 team in the NCAA's. Could be the worse NCAA performance for the ECAC in 10 years.

aweise
02-05-2015, 08:14 AM
Somewhere between 10 - 18 games to go ..... Worse case scenario .... we are on the road or home for the first round of the tournament and drop 2. 10 games ... season over. I still think the ECAC can end up only 1 team in the NCAA's. Could be the worse NCAA performance for the ECAC in 10 years.

Three points out of a tie for 8th place - it's still possible to get home ice in round 1, but losing tiebreakers to both teams tied for 8th at the moment (RPI & Dartmouth) kinda stings. Union still has games against Cornell & Colgate (both currently tied for 6th, 4 points ahead), so a win against either of them will help.

As for the national picture, considering three ECAC teams reached the NCAA finals in the past two years with two champs, I'll take a "down year" for now. That said, I'd still like to see the ECAC teams on the fringe of the top 16 make a run - yes, I'm talking to all of you...Quinnipiac, Yale, Colgate, and even St. Lawrence.

Dutchman
02-05-2015, 09:37 AM
Just a "Happy Thought" here -

First it looks like Ciampini tied the school record for most points in a game against RPI. Would be nice if our sports media guys would catch things like this.

GAME
Points ____________________________6
Jason Ralph vs. Colgate, 11-5-99

I would say that Ciampini is in a position to break two more records, except that we face a whole slew of the nations best defensive teams (Yale, Cornell, Colgate and St. Lawrence) and even Brown is usually tough this time of year. Ciampini has 22 goals and 41 points.

SEASON
Goals ____________________________27
Jeremy Welsh, 2011-12
Points ___________________________50
Daniel Carr, 2013-14

He would need 5 goals and 9 points and unfortunately, probably just out of reach, given the competition.

Question - When we record season records, do we include all playoffs? I think we do because Carr's numbers are for 39 games which would have included the playoffs. We should really also have records for just the regular season. If so Ciampini would walk away with it.

Ciampini's shooting percentage is .247 UNBELIEVABLE

ADK11
02-05-2015, 04:27 PM
I would say that Ciampini is in a position to break two more records, except that we face a whole slew of the nations best defensive teams (Yale, Cornell, Colgate and St. Lawrence) and even Brown is usually tough this time of year. Ciampini has 22 goals and 41 points.

SEASON
Jeremy Welsh, 2011-12
Daniel Carr, 2013-14

He would need 5 goals and 9 points and unfortunately, probably just out of reach, given the competition.

Question - When we record season records, do we include all playoffs? I think we do because Carr's numbers are for 39 games which would have included the playoffs. We should really also have records for just the regular season. If so Ciampini would walk away with it.

Ciampini's shooting percentage is .247 UNBELIEVABLE Individual stats are all games including playoffs, so they do become a bit of apples & oranges when looking at total points, etc. in a season. Carr obviously played a lot more games last season than say TJ Fox ever did in a season. From what I can tell, Mario Trabucco is the only D-1 Union player to break 40 points in the regular season and would hold the record for most regular season points at 42. All going well, Champ & Vecks should both break that and may have shots at breaking 50. Hopefully they do, as that would be quite the accomplishment and unfortunately I wouldn't count on many more games after the regular season.

Dutchman
02-05-2015, 07:15 PM
SEASON
Jeremy Welsh, 2011-12
Daniel Carr, 2013-14

In a worst case scenario, we only have 10 more games. Given our competition, that most likely will not be enough for Champ to break both of these records. However, if the first round goes to three games and the second goes to three games, then we are at 14 games to go and then possibilities open up. We still might not ever make it to lake placid but at least we may have extended the season long enough (4 games) for Champ and maybe Vec to break some season records.

Dutchman
02-06-2015, 10:03 AM
Union at St. Lawrence
The Dutchmen have struggled to win on the second night of consecutive games, going 0-3 in such situations in 2015. Maybe this is a meaningless stat, but maybe it indicates an issue with fatigue in all or some of Unionís game. Goaltender Colin Stevens is 2-4 in his last six starts, allowing 20 goals in just under 330 minutes for a 3.7 GAA and .883 save percentage. Perhaps itís time to ride sophomore Alex Sakellaropoulos? He has allowed just 11 goals in almost exactly the same amount of playing time since the holiday break; he also has .907 save rate. Beyond all that, SLU is rolling and Iím not sure Union is in the right place to stop the surging Saints. SLU wins.

Read more: http://www.uscho.com/ecac-blog/2015/02/05/ecac-hockey-picks-feb-6-9/#ixzz3QydT36rj

I noticed this too but did not want to say anything .... we are all loyal to Colin and he well deserved all of last years accolades, awards and honors. I don't usually agree with Brian Sullivan on anything ..... but, IMO from here on out, I would lead with Alex.

rdf8585
02-06-2015, 06:02 PM
Friday's line charts.... update - Stevens in goal....

Free video stream tonight: http://www.clarksonathletics.tv/mhockey/mhockey150206/index.html

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Lines for tonight's <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/ECACHockey?src=hash">#ECACHockey</a> contest between <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/UnionHockey?src=hash">#UnionHockey</a> and <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/ClarksonHockey?src=hash">#ClarksonHockey</a>. Union's starting goalie is TBA. <a href="http://t.co/2JUbgM2zbP">pic.twitter.com/2JUbgM2zbP</a></p>&mdash; Union Hockey Blog (@UnionHockeyBlog) <a href="https://twitter.com/UnionHockeyBlog/status/563828352822566913">February 6, 2015</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Dutchfan
02-06-2015, 10:16 PM
Great win tonight! Hope Ciampini is ok after that brutal hit by Tansey. The ECAC needs to suspend him for multiple games, no place in college hockey for head shots, especially on the elite players. On to St. Lawrence tomorrow. Go U!

Dutchman
02-06-2015, 11:08 PM
Hope Ciampini is ok after that brutal hit by Tansey.
Any word on Ciampini? Ciampini and Vec closing in on school single season records. Wilkins is a tough gutsy player. We are not doing well in second weekend games. 0-3.

UFan
02-07-2015, 07:33 AM
Nothing stellar last night IMO, but a win is a win. The game reminded me a bit of the beginning of last season : wins with no panache, but with guts and willpower. Let's go U !!!

UnionFan4Life
02-07-2015, 08:45 AM
Any word on Ciampini? Ciampini and Vec closing in on school single season records. Wilkins is a tough gutsy player. We are not doing well in second weekend games. 0-3.
That pass by Wilkins was unbelievable, he put it on a silver platter for Champ.

Dutchman
02-07-2015, 09:08 AM
St. Lawrence
5th in defense 2.03
great penalty kill squad
good offense 20th 2.93
Champ 4 goals (8 points) away from single season school records (G & A)

goldenbriggsy
02-07-2015, 09:17 AM
Any word on Ciampini?

played less then 2 minutes after the hit, seemed fine to me...

Dutchman
02-07-2015, 09:36 AM
Any word on Ciampini?
From the Union Site

Notes:
Ciampini absorbed a hit at the 9:03 mark of the third period and did not take another shift. CU's Kevin Tansey was issued a major for contact to the head and received a game disqualification ....

Miami Ice
02-07-2015, 09:41 AM
Nothing stellar last night IMO, but a win is a win. The game reminded me a bit of the beginning of last season : wins with no panache, but with guts and willpower. Let's go U !!!

Nothing stellar? Looked like 2014 and that was stellar!

drewcu
02-07-2015, 10:23 AM
From the Union Site

Notes:
Ciampini absorbed a hit at the 9:03 mark of the third period and did not take another shift. CU's Kevin Tansey was issued a major for contact to the head and received a game disqualification ....

He played and the hit wasn't dirty. Here is a photo of Tansey coming up from the ice exploding thru Ciampini's chest not the head. No elbow, not blind. It was one crushing hit though.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B9QAShRCcAYvpju.jpg

UnionFan4Life
02-07-2015, 10:36 AM
He played and the hit wasn't dirty. Here is a photo of Tansey coming up from the ice exploding thru Ciampini's chest not the head. No elbow, not blind. It was one crushing hit though.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B9QAShRCcAYvpju.jpg
Clarkson is losing 4-0, no chance to win the game, and Tansey delivers that high hit on the nation's leading goal scorer. How is that hit not dirty? lol

hockeyplayer1015
02-07-2015, 11:06 AM
Clarkson is losing 4-0, no chance to win the game, and Tansey delivers that high hit on the nation's leading goal scorer. How is that hit not dirty? lol

If Clarkson had no chance to win the game, why was the nation's leading goal scorer on the ice? Just asking for trouble, which is almost what happened.

Not defending either side, just food for thought.

drewcu
02-07-2015, 11:29 AM
If Clarkson had no chance to win the game, why was the nation's leading goal scorer on the ice? Just asking for trouble, which is almost what happened.

Not defending either side, just food for thought.

11:00 minutes to go should Clarkson stop playing?