This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: BU season thread I - 2014-2015

Not exactly "sporting" comments coming out of the Wolverine camp. Too bad we don't play them again. This could have taken a bitter spin with some more stoking. On a related note, I miss Shawn Walsh.
    It Happened!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
      Yale is one of two ECAC arenas I'm dying to go to (the other is Lynah) so I'm excited about that game.

So Bomber told me that the scoreboard had the dancing Rhett "We Win" graphic up with 25 seconds to go. THANK GOD I was watching one of the end clocks instead. Sheesh.
      I'm surprised you missed the last Terrier trip to the Whale. Game was a 1-1 tie. Anyone remember the year? (Early 2k's) Cool building.

And yes, the scoreboard op suffered from premature win elation. Scarlet would have had their head on a platter had the Wolverines tied it up.

And finally, last nights game should result in a lot of conversations like this: "Dude! You didn't go to the Michigan game!!? It was off the hook! You HAVE to go this weekend." Here's hoping. (and yes, I know I'm old and 19-year old's probably don't talk like that.)

BU Hockey: In Full Fanboy Froth
      It Happened!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
        There was a Calgary scout in the section to my right as well
        A friend spoke with two Buffalo scouts who told him that besides Eichel, they were looking at Greer and Werenski. Sabres have four picks in the top 30.

Originally posted by defkit View Post
        Our defense has really been upgraded with all these freshmen. I particularly watched Diffley last night since I hadn't paid that much attention to him in the other game I've seen. I was impressed. Nothing spectacular, but handled the speed of the Michigan forwards well. Somerby also looks much better to me than last year. Sure, we had some issues getting the puck out at times, but still a big improvement.
        I was watching Diffley as well. Very solid, good rub-outs, smart, safe passes, a strong skater. No wonder he became a hot commodity last winter. Quinn said he was pleased with Somerby's improved physical play, which was quite noticable. On his penalty, it appeared to be a well executed hit with some bad luck resulting in the head contact.
        The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Rogie21 View Post
          A friend spoke with two Buffalo scouts who told him that besides Eichel, they were looking at Greer and Werenski. Sabres have four picks in the top 30.
          Saw Kings and Ducks scouts in the bathroom, can't imagine either of them were there thinking they had a legitimate shot at Jack.
          ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

• Originally posted by Bomber View Post
            Not exactly "sporting" comments coming out of the Wolverine camp. Too bad we don't play them again. This could have taken a bitter spin with some more stoking. On a related note, I miss Shawn Walsh.
            Sometimes the best team doesn't win
            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

It Happened!!!!

Comment

Yup #sourgrapes
                The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                  There was a Calgary scout in the section to my right as well
                  I saw LA and Carolina Friday night
                  Spaulding get your foot off the boat!

Comment

So, is BU hockey still a thing? Is hokydad still around? Are there still ridiculous posters that can entertain me?

/It's been a while since I've been here

Comment

Originally posted by Rogie21 View Post
                      A friend spoke with two Buffalo scouts
                      Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                      Saw Kings and Ducks scouts in the bathroom,
                      Originally posted by steakbomb View Post
                      I saw LA and Carolina Friday night
                      Saw myself in the mirror. It was awesome.
                      'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Originally posted by ActionJoe View Post
                        Are there still ridiculous posters that can entertain me?
                        you should be covered now that youre back..
                        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Solid win on Saturday. Its been awhile since I recall a win like that where you beat a talented team playing a good game against you due to harder work and more skill! Screw Michigan baby!

I'm not here to judge what Mookie and Bomber want to do with their respective popsicles but I am very optimistic about this team. Eichel has the best vision of any hockey player I've seen in a long time over here, and he's making the entire team better. The team just has more talent than we've seen since 2009 top to bottom and even the D is playing better than I expected.

Lastly, as I think Bomber noted I too have noticed the complete change in offensive style with the new coach. Its a breath of fresh air which is sorely needed in my section of Agganis.
                          Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by goalguard View Post
                            Read Scott Wieghart's recap of the game. He starts with a great lede, which he then picks up again midway in the piece.

He quotes 97 year old Red Berensen b****ing and moaning about about the video reviews, mindless (probably the right word) of the fact that the refs on the ice called the BU goals good in the first place. And then Scott quotes Quinn with a couple of smart a** comebacks. Some people last year were complaining the DQ was emotionless. Nice to see his feisty side surface.
                            This is by far my favorite idiotic coach rant since Jerry whined about the BU team thanking their fans at Conte. Quality stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                              Saw Kings and Ducks scouts in the bathroom, can't imagine either of them were there thinking they had a legitimate shot at Jack.
                              Do you trade Kesler and ur 1st for Jack? you need to be ready for anything. Lets say Buf is at #2 (unless McDavid dies he is going #1) and you want an established #1 Center. Do you made the trade? I'm not saying they would but teams need to scout every player to have an understanding of their skill level in-case they find something in their inbox.
                              Go Terriers Go! BTW, I'm just another guy hiding behind a keyboard.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                                Yale is one of two ECAC arenas I'm dying to go to (the other is Lynah) so I'm excited about that game.

this surprises me, i didnt think there was ANY rink you had not been to. BU must have not played there then
                                Last edited by sterlippo1; 10-27-2014, 12:24 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X