Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2014 Kendall Classic: UAA, UAF, Wisconsin, Maine.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2014 Kendall Classic: UAA, UAF, Wisconsin, Maine.

Let the season begin! UAA hosts the Black Bears (a couple of weeks before facing off in Orono) and the Badgers (I guess this is technically a 2 for 1) with the Nanooks tagging along.

At the veryleast we get a chance to see the new stuff at the Sully.
    U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
    Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
    I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
    But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
    Originally posted by Doyle Woody
    Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Re: 2014 Kendall Classic: UAA, UAF, Wisconsin, Maine.

Good lineup for both the Kendall and Brice this year.

Knowing nothing about Wisconsin or Maine this year, I'll just naturally assume we dominate.
    “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
      Good lineup for both the Kendall and Brice this year.

Knowing nothing about Wisconsin or Maine this year, I'll just naturally assume we dominate.
      And I will naturally assume you are drinking again.
      Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
      UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

After the scores for this weekend, I would say UAA must be favored to win. They spanked that canadian team hard, and UAF had to fend them off in the end. With these scores I think I might be right that UAF will find it difficult to score. I think at least 6-7 freshmen scored points for UAA Saturday, and a shutout for the defense. I think the preseason polls might have underestimated UAA.

Comment

I'm pumped for the season to start! We didn't even get an exhibition game this past weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Alaska Hockey View Post
            And I will naturally assume you are drinking again.
            Like I ever stopped.
            “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

For anyone not able to watch these games (live or webcast) or listen to their respective radio feeds; I experimented a little this weekend on the Chatango app on my blog with providing a demi-play-by-play ...

I'm pretty fast on the keyboard and the chatango interface allows me to type without really having to look down at all so I was able to give pretty quick updates about the happenings on the ice. I'll be in the press box for all four games and be giving this sort of fast updating another shot. So if you desire stop by the blog http://uaafan.blogspot.com and check out the chat app in the right column. You don't have to participate but a comment here or there telling me how I'm doing would be great.

Comment

UW badgers are ranked #10, but I'm not sure why.
                Last year they scored 120 goals. Players scoring 90 of them are no longer there. 320 points only 96 by the current team.
                That doesn't sound like a highly rated team.

I'll try to check in at the uaafan blog to say hello. Glad you're back in business.
                Last edited by vizoroo; 10-05-2014, 07:14 PM.
                GO DU !!!

Comment

Originally posted by vizoroo View Post
                  UW badgers are ranked #10, but I'm not sure why.
                  Last year they scored 120 goals. Players scoring 90 of them are no longer there. 320 points only 96 by the current team.
                  That doesn't sound like a highly rated team.

I'll try to check in at the uaafan blog to say hello. Glad you're back in business.
                  All the UW fans are shocked by the 10 ranking.....WAY too high. They should be N/R.
                  Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                  ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                  ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                  "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                  Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

I bet if Maine comes in and loses both games there will be some real tight jaws in Orono.
                    MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

This whole thing would be much more exciting if it were a real tourney format.

Comment

Originally posted by umhockey91 View Post
                        This whole thing would be much more exciting if it were a real tourney format.
                        Blame the NCAA for that. To get the games schedule exempt you have to play a team from Alaska.
                        U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                        Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                        I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                        But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                        Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                        Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by birdman View Post
                          After the scores for this weekend, I would say UAA must be favored to win. They spanked that canadian team hard, and UAF had to fend them off in the end. With these scores I think I might be right that UAF will find it difficult to score. I think at least 6-7 freshmen scored points for UAA Saturday, and a shutout for the defense. I think the preseason polls might have underestimated UAA.
                          Raising a white flag a little early in the season bird?
                          UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                            All the UW fans are shocked by the 10 ranking.....WAY too high. They should be N/R.
                            UAA will do their best to get the badgers to where their fans think they should be in the polls.

Comment

I "retreaded" a 2010 post for today on the blog. It's the letter from Justin Bourne to the team before a December series split with Bucky. http://uaafan.blogspot.com/2014/10/j...seawolves.html ....

Comment

Working...
                              X