PDA

View Full Version : 2014 Kendall Classic: UAA, UAF, Wisconsin, Maine.

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Jimjamesak
10-05-2014, 04:44 AM
Let the season begin! UAA hosts the Black Bears (a couple of weeks before facing off in Orono) and the Badgers (I guess this is technically a 2 for 1) with the Nanooks tagging along.

At the veryleast we get a chance to see the new stuff at the Sully.

Squarebanks
10-05-2014, 11:17 AM
Good lineup for both the Kendall and Brice this year.

Knowing nothing about Wisconsin or Maine this year, I'll just naturally assume we dominate.

Alaska Hockey
10-05-2014, 02:56 PM
Good lineup for both the Kendall and Brice this year.

Knowing nothing about Wisconsin or Maine this year, I'll just naturally assume we dominate.

And I will naturally assume you are drinking again.

birdman
10-05-2014, 04:32 PM
After the scores for this weekend, I would say UAA must be favored to win. They spanked that canadian team hard, and UAF had to fend them off in the end. With these scores I think I might be right that UAF will find it difficult to score. I think at least 6-7 freshmen scored points for UAA Saturday, and a shutout for the defense. I think the preseason polls might have underestimated UAA.

WiscDC
10-05-2014, 04:40 PM
I'm pumped for the season to start! We didn't even get an exhibition game this past weekend.

Squarebanks
10-05-2014, 06:33 PM
And I will naturally assume you are drinking again.

Like I ever stopped.

uaafanblog
10-05-2014, 07:12 PM
For anyone not able to watch these games (live or webcast) or listen to their respective radio feeds; I experimented a little this weekend on the Chatango app on my blog with providing a demi-play-by-play ...

I'm pretty fast on the keyboard and the chatango interface allows me to type without really having to look down at all so I was able to give pretty quick updates about the happenings on the ice. I'll be in the press box for all four games and be giving this sort of fast updating another shot. So if you desire stop by the blog http://uaafan.blogspot.com and check out the chat app in the right column. You don't have to participate but a comment here or there telling me how I'm doing would be great.

vizoroo
10-05-2014, 08:08 PM
UW badgers are ranked #10, but I'm not sure why.
Last year they scored 120 goals. Players scoring 90 of them are no longer there. 320 points only 96 by the current team.
That doesn't sound like a highly rated team.:confused:

I'll try to check in at the uaafan blog to say hello. Glad you're back in business.

Timothy A
10-05-2014, 08:40 PM
UW badgers are ranked #10, but I'm not sure why.
Last year they scored 120 goals. Players scoring 90 of them are no longer there. 320 points only 96 by the current team.
That doesn't sound like a highly rated team.:confused:

I'll try to check in at the uaafan blog to say hello. Glad you're back in business.

All the UW fans are shocked by the 10 ranking.....WAY too high. They should be N/R.

manurespreader
10-05-2014, 10:11 PM
I bet if Maine comes in and loses both games there will be some real tight jaws in Orono.

umhockey91
10-06-2014, 08:20 AM
This whole thing would be much more exciting if it were a real tourney format.

Jimjamesak
10-06-2014, 11:34 AM
Blame the NCAA for that. To get the games schedule exempt you have to play a team from Alaska.

Alaska Hockey
10-06-2014, 06:23 PM
After the scores for this weekend, I would say UAA must be favored to win. They spanked that canadian team hard, and UAF had to fend them off in the end. With these scores I think I might be right that UAF will find it difficult to score. I think at least 6-7 freshmen scored points for UAA Saturday, and a shutout for the defense. I think the preseason polls might have underestimated UAA.

Raising a white flag a little early in the season bird?

Alaska Hockey
10-06-2014, 08:05 PM
All the UW fans are shocked by the 10 ranking.....WAY too high. They should be N/R.

UAA will do their best to get the badgers to where their fans think they should be in the polls.

uaafanblog
10-06-2014, 11:53 PM
I "retreaded" a 2010 post for today on the blog. It's the letter from Justin Bourne to the team before a December series split with Bucky. http://uaafan.blogspot.com/2014/10/justin-bournes-2010-letter-to-seawolves.html ....

Suze
10-07-2014, 01:50 AM
Raising a white flag a little early in the season bird?

He's just coming out of the closet, that's all. We all know he's a UAA fan at heart. That's why he comes to so many UAA games. ;)

Hal9K
10-07-2014, 03:15 AM

I think there's some lame reason it's not. I don't remember what it is though?

Alaska Hockey
10-07-2014, 03:57 AM
I think there's some lame reason it's not. I don't remember what it is though?

_airbanks hates playing UAA.

Suze
10-07-2014, 09:45 AM
This was posted on UAA's Facebook page today - pass the word!

FREE FREE FREE! Attention UAA Students: There will be a FREE shuttle running from the Alaska Airlines Center to the Sullivan Arena for the ‪#‎KendallHockeyClassic‬. On Friday, the shuttle leaves the AAC at 7:15 p.m., and at 6:15 p.m. on Saturday. Additionally, students get in FREE to every ‪#‎SeawolfHockey‬ regular season home game and can pick up a FREE parking pass for the Sullivan Arena at the administration front desk on the second floor of the AAC.

birdman
10-07-2014, 10:06 AM
He's just coming out of the closet, that's all. We all know he's a UAA fan at heart. That's why he comes to so many UAA games. ;)

Got me I wear green and gold.