This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech 2014-2015

Good article by Daver Karnosky, who also appears to have become the hockey beat writer for the Mining Gazette.

Despite first losses, Michigan Tech gives Houghton plenty to be excited about
    http://www.uscho.com/2014/11/25/desp...#ixzz3KBNXQdTz

Comment

Dare I post another article? Thanks for the conversations last week. I truly believe your Huskies will make some serious noise this year. Awesome for the sport. http://q30television.com/2014/11/25/...y-poll-112414/
      Quinnipiac University '15
      ECAC Regular Season Champs: 2013, 2015, 2016
      ECAC Championship: 2016
      NCAA Tournament: 2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
      NCAA Frozen Four: 2013, 2016
      Yuck Fale : 2013

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader
        I got my tickets to the Duluth series, and I booked a hotel, etc. but the travel to get to Houghton is getting harder and harder.
        It used to be you could fly from Detroit to Iron Mountain and drive 2 hours, and get there in plenty of time for dinner before the game.
        now to do that you have to fly to minny first, leaving on the 830 AM flight, So it delays you by two hours. OR, you can fly to marquette, but of course not get to Houghton until 20 minutes after the game starts. OR you can come up on thursday and pay 120 a night plus tax for a hotel.
        The whole thing is just a pain in the you know what. I might give away my tickets, we'll see. Might come up for BGSU instead.

btw hotel rooms are getting hard to get.
        120 for a hotel? Don't book at the Franklin. Book at the Travelodge. $60~ per night. Get there. Look us (the MN group) up. Trust me.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader
          I'll do that, if I come up. Travelodge is now 65, but if you want it refundable it's 75 plus tax. For a crummy hotel. Franklin is booked, Country Inn is booked, HI is booked. I have to be in Birmingham to see my son's PhD defense on Tuesday, and I cannot get stuck in the UP for any reason,and.....
          The hotels are booked b/c of us. Half-kidding. We have about 20 coming up for a random trip. Since MN isn't coming to Houghton anytime soon, we decided to just make a trip.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
            The hotels are booked b/c of us. Half-kidding. We have about 20 coming up for a random trip. Since MN isn't coming to Houghton anytime soon, we decided to just make a trip.
            Franklin is booked because of the UMD fan bus that is making the trip.
            tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

It might be old but chris Heisenberg is pointing out that major junior is being sued about the player contracts they use, and may very well have to pony up at least minimum wage to it's players. Making them professionals for sure. The article is available on his twitter feed and:
              https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4P...cWM/view?pli=1
              MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Too close, but a good 2 points

Mel's postgame interview:
                solid defensively, over team defense was our best part of our game
                the 1st goal put us on our heels, but we hung in there and limited their Grade A chances
                didn't get great chances on PP, they do a good job, we were too deliberate
                Eick/Steman/gillies line was outstanding, they were skating, working hard, speed/aggressiveness, they got rewarded
                pucks bouncing all over the place, not sure why, but we have to respect that more tomorrow
                The penalties were reflective of the game, good reffing, we used our speed, they had to commit penalties, we need more speed tomorrow
                Big 2 points, anywhere on the road is tough
                We've been in so many tight games, we have confidence and poise
                We'll put fresh guys in, we'll watch film
                We want to score some more, didn't score on our best chances, but liked the way our team played

Comment

Yep, Tech being in a lot of games like that is what kept them clean and focused. One or two bad penalties might have let us back in this one.

GFM
                  Geof F. Morris
                  UAH BSE MAE 2002
                  UAHHockey.com

Comment

United is fine, just O'Hare is notorious for delayed connections.

Comment

It will be interesting to see who suits up tonight.
                      Do the seniors get a rest or is the Neville line given a break.
                      I would like to see Blacklock, Vallis, and freshman E. Anderson get a shot.
                      The Steman line and the D won last night's game.

Anyone heard whether these guys are on the trip.
                      I also think Wintjes gets the start tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by Huskiefan906 View Post
                        It will be interesting to see who suits up tonight.
                        Do the seniors get a rest or is the Neville line given a break.
                        I would like to see Blacklock, Vallis, and freshman E. Anderson get a shot.
                        The Steman line and the D won last night's game.

Anyone heard whether these guys are on the trip.
                        I also think Wintjes gets the start tonight.
                        I'd be surprised if Wintjes gets it, though I think he's a good goalie. The coach did say there would be some changes. Should be interesting.

I was thinking about a previous post and I totally agree, the best coach in college hockey. He actually develops players.

also,
                        http://gizmodo.com/the-worst-airport...ica-1662565765
                        MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Based on last night, Jamie might need a chance to relax and catch a break. It also might spark the team for a really good performance.
                          I think the changes tonight will be for a reason of fatigue, not poor play.

Comment

Originally posted by Huskiefan906 View Post
                            Based on last night, Jamie might need a chance to relax and catch a break. It also might spark the team for a really good performance.
                            I think the changes tonight will be for a reason of fatigue, not poor play.
                            we shall see but remember they're off next weekend so Mel might right Jamie a little longer.
                            Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

just putting things away in the broom closet...
                              Originally posted by mtu_huskies
                              "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
                              Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
                              Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
                                just putting things away in the broom closet...
                                Heh. Good to meet you tonight. Y'all did everything that you had to do in order to get the sweep. Too much speed, too much depth, and too much skill. Best of luck the rest of the year save the games at the end of January.

GFM
                                Geof F. Morris
                                UAH BSE MAE 2002
                                UAHHockey.com

Comment

Working...
                                X