This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by HuskyNation View Post
    You are certainly entitled to your opinion, but when you question your own premises within your own piece and then your own words, it's really tough to understand what your real point is.....other than saying, "Yeah, Tech's a good team, but they haven't played the [Mavs]." The comment about Minnesota's depth is laughable because UMD exposed their lack of depth with the sweep and the roster Minnesota was forced to use due to injuries.

Sorry that sweeping good teams on the road like Ferris and Bemidji aren't good enough, and spanking a decent and VERY young Michigan team doesn't count either. Looking forward to this weekend.
    The season is young that there are many directions you can go. I'm not questioning my own premises, I'm simply saying I can see what other people are talking about. I chose my direction cause I believe tech has played a weaker schedule than the other top 10 teams
    Quinnipiac University '15
    ECAC Regular Season Champs: 2013, 2015, 2016
    ECAC Championship: 2016
    NCAA Tournament: 2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
    NCAA Frozen Four: 2013, 2016
    Yuck Fale : 2013

Comment

• Re: Michigan Tech 2014-2015

Originally posted by <3_Blizzard View Post
      When I checked this morning there were 815 reserved seats left for Friday and 893 for Saturday. As of a few minutes ago there are 696 for Friday and 764 for Saturday.
      Just checked again and they are down to 572 for Friday and 641 for Saturday. I know they had a pretty good deal going on a family pack of tickets, probably to try and offset that this is the beginning of Thanksgiving break.

Comment

BigAl:

So, you just ignore the fact that Tech actually has the 4th most difficult schedule in the country, according to RPI?

Or do you not bother yourself with facts?
        Last edited by bigblue_dl; 11-17-2014, 10:31 PM.
        Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by BigAl View Post
          I would define tested as playing a top 20 team. Ferris is a decent team. After this upcoming weekend, I'd be comfortable with putting Michigan Tech at one after playing a really good Minn St team.

I say deserving because Michigan Tech is absolutely deserving of USCHO's #1. My poll isn't based as much on wins and losses as USCHO's. Just my personal opinion
          Well then Tech is deserving by your own criteria both Ferris & Michigan were ranked in the top 20 when we played them. I know they aren't ranked now but if both of them had swept Tech they would both be solidly in the top 20 Michigan would be 6-3 with two of its losses on the road to Ferris & BU and Ferris would be 8-3 with all of its losses on the road.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigAl View Post
            The season is young that there are many directions you can go. I'm not questioning my own premises, I'm simply saying I can see what other people are talking about. I chose my direction cause I believe tech has played a weaker schedule than the other top 10 teams
            Except that Tech has #4 SoS according to USCHO as well. Higher than NoDak (10) and BU (15). If you want to save face and rank Minnesota ahead of us because they have the #1 SoS, fine, except you would be hard pressed to do so given their recent effort. So again, I'm really trying to understand your logic, but finding it difficult to follow.
            Last edited by HuskyNation; 11-17-2014, 10:39 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by HuskyNation View Post
              Except that Tech has #4 SoS according to USCHO as well. Higher than NoDak (10) and BU (15). If you want to save face and rank Minnesota ahead of us because they have the #1 SoS, fine, except you would be hard pressed to do so given their recent effort. So again, I'm really trying to understand your logic, but finding it difficult to follow.
              The last thing I would check 10 games in is the computer generated SOS. Means nothing. Just like looking at the Pairwise now is premature

Comment

I like that you are all currently being trolled by Alabama's mascot.
                Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
                  I like that you are all currently being trolled by Alabama's mascot.
                  That, and (especially considering it's Tech), Tech has done what a good team should do: beat weaker opponents. It's science.
                  Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                  Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by BigAl View Post
                    The last thing I would check 10 games in is the computer generated SOS. Means nothing. Just like looking at the Pairwise now is premature
                    Because your "completely subjective how I feel" stregth of schedule method is much more accurate.
                    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                      That, and (especially considering it's Tech), Tech has done what a good team should do: beat weaker opponents. It's science.
                      And, I hope there is a big element of truth to that statement, says UNO fan whose team is 6-1-1 against 5-13-2 competition.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigAl View Post
                        So then it's based on past seasons history, bias about "weaker" conferences, "Eastern biases", "Powerhouse programs" biases and everything else that has nothing to do with the actual landscape currently. Oh, I know, how many more NCAA tournament teams are we supposed to beat this year before we get rid of the "prove it" moniker? Guess you want to wait until Mankato, UMD and the GLI (wait, no credit for that), Wisconsin....(nope, no credit for that).......hmmmm.......

Ah, now I get it......means nothing, like your logic and your poles.
                        This is fun. Bring me another Smurf!

Comment

• Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                          Are you positive? I was going to track this down, but if you're sure...
                          1976 is correct. From December 1975-March 1976, Tech was No. 1 for all but one week in the WMPL poll.

The closest Tech had come until yesterday was in October 1980 and October 1984 when they were ranked No. 2 in the WMPL.

In 1977-78, they had been in and out of the top 4 and finished the regular season ranked 4th. In 1980-81, Tech finished the regular season ranked No. 3.

Comment

Wow you guys really get upset over someone knocking on your parade. Enjoy the day you become the #1 ranked team in the country, not some low life like me knocking your SOS

Comment

Michigan Tech hasn't played any good teams yet, because every team they've played has gotten swept by Michigan Tech.
                              Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                              USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Originally posted by John Biasi View Post
                                1976 is correct. From December 1975-March 1976, Tech was No. 1 for all but one week in the WMPL poll.

The closest Tech had come until yesterday was in October 1980 and October 1984 when they were ranked No. 2 in the WMPL.

In 1977-78, they had been in and out of the top 4 and finished the regular season ranked 4th. In 1980-81, Tech finished the regular season ranked No. 3.
                                I was actually thinking about this going to work today, my guess out of the blue was 1972.

Comment

Working...
                                X