X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech 2014-2015

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
    A win tomorrow might mean a #1 in front of Michigan Tech for the Mankato series. Think about that for a second.
    I don't know if we'll get it without a loss from BU and UML. Still a pretty crazy concept to grasp that Michigan Tech is this close and actually has a chance going into tomorrow night. I'm just finishing up watching the game, missed it live. Certainly not their best...outshot badly. Of the 19 season since Bob Mancini left after the 1995-96 this season already falls in the top 8.
    Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
      Dirk refrained from pointing out that no other Tech team has started 9-0-0 until near the end of the broadcast, and Mel did a good job demurring. However, if you watch that huge wink and thumbs up at the end of the video of his radio interview, you know Mel is pumped. It's great.
      I don't think Mel said "no question" at all in that interview.
      Originally posted by SCSU Euro
      What are you TALKING about? Best fans, best travelling, best insults nobody else understands, best talking in nerdy code. MTU rocks at like everything but winning hockey games.

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
        I don't know if we'll get it without a loss from BU and UML. Still a pretty crazy concept to grasp that Michigan Tech is this close and actually has a chance going into tomorrow night. I'm just finishing up watching the game, missed it live. Certainly not their best...outshot badly. Of the 19 season since Bob Mancini left after the 1995-96 this season already falls in the top 8.
        I think we would need BU to lose, I think we jump over UML with a sweep regardless as the voting was already pretty close and I expect we would pick up more first place votes than they would. But we need to pound the Beavers first!

Comment

HEY Tech won! I really thought that was the game that would break it. Smooth sailing from now on, they're gonna win so many games that Billy and Joey will get HC jobs, half the team will go pro, and expectations will be so low next year that we'll be able to take some teams by surprise again.
          Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
          USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
            A win tomorrow might mean a #1 in front of Michigan Tech for the Mankato series. Think about that for a second.
            So, Tech/NMU #1 vs #2 in January

Seriously, what got in the water up in Houghton this year? From an outsiders perspective, it seems that you don't have any "superstars" leading the way, but you just have 4 solid lines of players all pitching in, doing their part and just getting the job done... Very blue collar work ethic with this team...
            It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Seems like you guys have something of a renaissance going on up there in Houghton. Even my cousin who goes to Tech, whose usual sports interest is a loose following of the Packers, has been posting things on Facebook about the hockey team.
              Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

• Originally posted by Flashy Man View Post
                I don't think Mel said "no question" at all in that interview.
                no question.
                Originally posted by mtu_huskies
                "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
                Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
                Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Tech is currently the only undefeated NCAA D-I hockey team. RMU and Harvard both lost tonight.

Comment

Double digits! Clap clap clapclapclap!

Comment

O.M.G.!! this team! Jamie Phillips! do you believe?
                      Originally posted by mtu_huskies
                      "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
                      Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
                      Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Well done! Next weekend should be exciting.

Comment

Gonna have to play better than this weekend to get points next weekend.
                          Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                            Gonna have to play better than this weekend to get points next weekend.
                            That's the thing though, this is the kind of game we've seen against us so many times. You seem like you should win, but you don't. LOVE being on this side of the coin.

Mel says the call was just plain wrong in the post game. Should have been a whistle, not a penalty.
                            MTU Hockey fan since I was carried to a game in 1986 - for those counting... that's a lot of depressing hockey. Still love it.

Surrounded by Badger Red in Wisconsin. Such an ugly color, but the beer and cheese are delicious...

2014-15 WCHA (*Regular season portion) Pick-em Champion (**Forgeting a Week Methodology)

Comment

I don't see why we can't just go undefeated this year.

Comment

So will we be #1 or #2?

Comment

Working...
                                X