X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech 2014-2015

Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
    you want Bemidji to win this weekend AND you are a NMU grad AND you want to be a Tech poster? we can't stop you, but I'd vote "no" "no way" and "hell no". then put you on ignore. you are delusional.
    Huskyfan: You seem to have a minority opinion on friendly intermural chatter. The posts from outside the Tech community appear to be welcomed such as those that precede this post. Volunteering my connection with Tech hockey great, Gerald Sullivan, along with NMU & BSU on the Tech Thread makes me delusional? You would have a hard time getting consensus with your thread mates on that one.

Comment

Originally posted by Broseph Stalin View Post
      Does Michigan Tech currently have letter jackets? If not, have they ever? I have a letter from Tech (from the athletic department, an award, not a postal letter! this is a serious question).
      I don't know if they currently have varsity jackets, but they did for many years. I have one that I purchased when I received my first varsity letter from Tech back in the early 1990s (earned in a D2 sport). They are/were a silver/gray wool body, buff/neutral leather sleeves, gold snaps, and black collars and cuffs with two gold stripes. Then the varsity letter if not many have seen a Michigan Tech varsity letter is an all gold M that is thinner in width and taller in height (kind of the opposite of Michigan's block M). They are a most unique looking varsity jacket - I have seen nothing quite like them anywhere with the color scheme. There are old B&W pictures of them with MacInnes wearing one without the letter, one with Esposito wearing one, and some of the hockey trainers wearing them as well - floating around.

Tech also use to give varsity blankets after your senior season. They were a silver/gray wool with gold edging, and an old M varsity letter in the middle that was gold with silver edging (your name and any accolades are embroidered below). The old M varsity letter was from the MCM days. In the one corner are gold stars for every letter you earned and the sport(s) you were in is embroidered. I really treasure mine, as a former co-worker of mine that played football told me that they no longer give that type of varsity blanket out anymore.

Comment

• Originally posted by Andrew J Carter View Post
        Huskyfan: You seem to have a minority opinion on friendly intermural chatter. The posts from outside the Tech community appear to be welcomed such as those that precede this post. Volunteering my connection with Tech hockey great, Gerald Sullivan, along with NMU & BSU on the Tech Thread makes me delusional? You would have a hard time getting consensus with your thread mates on that one.
        since when do we have "friendly intermural chatter" between MTU and NMU? the Gerald Sullivan connection is great, you couldnt get into Tech, that ok, I couldnt either, but to drop in to tell us "Go Bemidji!" - thats over the top!
        Originally posted by mtu_huskies
        "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
        Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
        Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wyattus Magnus View Post
          I don't know if they currently have varsity jackets, but they did for many years. I have one that I purchased when I received my first varsity letter from Tech back in the early 1990s (earned in a D2 sport). They are/were a silver/gray wool body, buff/neutral leather sleeves, gold snaps, and black collars and cuffs with two gold stripes. Then the varsity letter if not many have seen a Michigan Tech varsity letter is an all gold M that is thinner in width and taller in height (kind of the opposite of Michigan's block M). They are a most unique looking varsity jacket - I have seen nothing quite like them anywhere with the color scheme. There are old B&W pictures of them with MacInnes wearing one without the letter, one with Esposito wearing one, and some of the hockey trainers wearing them as well - floating around.

Tech also use to give varsity blankets after your senior season. They were a silver/gray wool with gold edging, and an old M varsity letter in the middle that was gold with silver edging (your name and any accolades are embroidered below). The old M varsity letter was from the MCM days. In the one corner are gold stars for every letter you earned and the sport(s) you were in is embroidered. I really treasure mine, as a former co-worker of mine that played football told me that they no longer give that type of varsity blanket out anymore.
          I have a blanket, but not a physical letter or a jacket to put it on. It's a shame there is nothing like the old jackets today. I would sure as heck wear it. I had a family member take a nap on the couch with the blanket and I had to educate him that it wasn't used in that manner. Thanks for the reply!

Comment

• Originally posted by Andrew J Carter View Post
            I guess the Tech thread is the place to be. Does Northern still have a two year program in bar management? That's a special place.

Comment

Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
              since when do we have "friendly intermural chatter" between MTU and NMU? the Gerald Sullivan connection is great, you couldnt get into Tech, that ok, I couldnt either, but to drop in to tell us "Go Bemidji!" - thats over the top!
              Huskyfan: "Over the Top", perhaps. "Delusional", probably not. I did get a good enough education at NMU to earn a PhD in health science from the University of Utah. Maybe you're right, and I wouldn't of been able to get into Tech. On second thought, my NMU roommate my junior/senior years was Rich Brown, Tech's 2nd leading scorer on the basketball team his freshman year. He wasn't an Albert Einstein either and he got in. Although he didn't last. I'm not sure why he left. It may have been the rigors of Tech, or maybe Sherman gymnasium, or the 7/1 male/female ratio Tech had at that time (according to the rumors anyway). This sounds like friendly intermural chatter to me. For those Husky fans venturing our way this weekend, enjoy Dave's Pizza and one of our nice lakeside hotels. Sorry about the deep-freeze.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew J Carter View Post
                Huskyfan: "Over the Top", perhaps. "Delusional", probably not. I did get a good enough education at NMU to earn a PhD in health science from the University of Utah. Maybe you're right, and I wouldn't of been able to get into Tech. On second thought, my NMU roommate my junior/senior years was Rich Brown, Tech's 2nd leading scorer on the basketball team his freshman year. He wasn't an Albert Einstein either and he got in. Although he didn't last. I'm not sure why he left. It may have been the rigors of Tech, or maybe Sherman gymnasium, or the 7/1 male/female ratio Tech had at that time (according to the rumors anyway). This sounds like friendly intermural chatter to me. For those Husky fans venturing our way this weekend, enjoy Dave's Pizza and one of our nice lakeside hotels. Sorry about the deep-freeze.
                If that's the pizza place I'm thinking of, it sucks.
                Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                  I wouldn't know how the pizza tastes, since the place closed at 9, so we couldn't get pizza after the game.
                  Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                    Shirtless Guy: As a wise man once said, "A succulent repast is in the eye, nostrils, and taste buds of the beholder". Dave's Pizza is a very popular place, especially for the tourists. Alternatives might be the Corner Bar, Keith's Pizza, Tutto Bene, or Sparkling Waters. There's also the chains like Green Mill, Buffalo Wild Wings, etc. The Corner Bar is popular for the drinks and burgers.

Bigblue_dl: Dave's Pizza closes at 11:00 pm Friday and Saturday in November, but may be 9:00 pm in the dead of winter as you unfortunately experienced.

Comment

Keg n' Cork is pretty good too. You know it's a quality place because they have a positive review from Marilyn Hagerty hanging in the entryway.

Also, I don't know if it's open in the winter, or if you'd ever want to with the weather, but Big River Scoop has very good ice cream.

EDIT: And for the record, I ate at Dave's after a game once and wasn't disappointed.
                      Originally posted by dicaslover
                      Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
                      Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

My complaint is with Bigblue, we tried to eat there on suggestion of someone and they closed at 9 on a game night....we had to settle for Applebee's I think because it was the only non-fast food that was open.
                        Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

GAME DAY! Huskies need to bring their best effort yet again this weekend. BSU appears to be a pretty good team and you know every team is going to be giving Tech their best effort for the chance to knock them off their undefeated perch. It would be too ironic if Beavers set a trap that catches the Huskies off their game.
                          Go Tech!
                          Ryan J
                          Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                          https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                          Originally posted by geezer
                          Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                          Originally posted by manurespreader
                          ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Originally posted by oldish husky View Post
                            I'm nervous about this weekend. BSU clearly backs away from no one and desperately needs 3-4 points at home to keep pace with the top half.
                            Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
                            GAME DAY! Huskies need to bring their best effort yet again this weekend. BSU appears to be a pretty good team and you know every team is going to be giving Tech their best effort for the chance to knock them off their undefeated perch. It would be too ironic if Beavers set a trap that catches the Huskies off their game.
                            Go Tech!
                            Ryan J
                            BSU can score and they are at home. When Tech has stayed within the plan, they've rolled. Last Saturday they lapsed and had some undisciplined moments that reminded me of last year. Hopefully they are focused and Jamie stays solid. Go Tech!!

Comment

Part of that was UAA's style of play. You can bet the memo on Tech going forward will be to play physical and get them worked up/taking penalties.

Comment

Please destroy the Beavers. Thank you.

GFM <— leaving that joke right there for the interested student
                                Geof F. Morris
                                UAH BSE MAE 2002
                                UAHHockey.com

Comment

Working...
                                X