X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech 2014-2015

Originally posted by foser View Post
    No effin ess MacInnes is and will be the winningest coach at da Houghton Tech for a long time. True story: I composed the first part of my previous post, stared at it for 5 minutes or so, deleted it, re-typed it, added an obvious sarcasm disclaimer, removed that, felt it was inappropriate to send it out without anything, inserted what I though was a middle ground, and hit post. Maybe I should have put a dummy-proof disclaimer in. But then Dirty wouldn't have shown me any love...and really, that's why we're all here, right?
    I would assume so. Receiving my Seal of Approval has to be pretty freaking awesome for people.
    Last edited by Dirty; 11-12-2014, 12:29 PM.
    Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
    when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
    Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

On a side note, nice article today on 2005 Tech grad, Joe Berger in the Minneapolis Star & Tribune:

http://www.startribune.com/sports/vi...282357251.html

Comment

I'm with HF on this one, we could be getting sand bagged.

having said that.. I personally am glad for new posters. We need more.

You will find that we have some people who post extremely rarely, but who are really, really knowledgeable hockey people. They can tell you what the torpedo is, or about weak side overloads, or picks on power plays and who does them, etc. so if you are interested, this is the place to come.There is really no fan base in college hockey who knows or understands the game better if you ask me.

one more thing we need to remember as fans, in the words of Stevie Wonder... " If you really want to hear our views, you haven't Done Nothin!"
        We have a real long way to go here. Let's not get ahead of ourselves.
        MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Look out, people. This may become a rant.

Thanks everyone for looking at my post count and jumping to the conclusion that I haven't been around. Now take a look at my join date. No '1' in that year folks. And way to go huskyfan for seeing through the smoke.

No effin ess MacInnes is and will be the winningest coach at da Houghton Tech for a long time. True story: I composed the first part of my previous post, stared at it for 5 minutes or so, deleted it, re-typed it, added an obvious sarcasm disclaimer, removed that, felt it was inappropriate to send it out without anything, inserted what I though was a middle ground, and hit post. Maybe I should have put a dummy-proof disclaimer in. But then Dirty wouldn't have shown me any love...and really, that's why we're all here, right?

I like coming to this forum for what is normally pretty decent conversation regarding the team. Call it crowdsourcing rather than relying on the traditional media team coverage. (Confession: Unless someone links to one in this thread, I don't think I've read an actual USCHO article yet this season.) While I've only caught a handful of games the past few years (hard to do where I'm at), I enjoy paying attention to the ebb and flow of the team. This season has me positively giddy. Seriously. Like random fist pumps for no apparent reason when my thoughts wander toward the program. And like I said, the regular posters do a good job of communicating the pulse, even as the posters have phased in and out over the years.

This year has been a little bit different. There is obviously a lot of discussion around the team this season. (When was the last time a Tech thread hit 30-something pages this fast - not including the summer a 'couple of' posters ran the number up discussing the skills of the WalMart roller hockey league?) Unfortunately we (I?) have to sift through more inconsequential discussion to get what I'm looking for. Not that it is any particular person's 'fault' - just part of the evolution of the board.

Any suggestions out there on where I should go for my information? This forum is (almost) my sole source of team information. THG has done a good job over the years (and thanks for the live chats, btw), but as Shirtless pointed out life happens and the standard is hard to hold up. Is there another active student/recent grad group that takes the effort to pull in lots of information and present it logically so I don't have to? I'm not really interested in Twitter - way more inconsequential than in here. Maybe I should migrate back to the beat writers.

And to those people like me who don't want to wade through the minutia to get a good sense of what is going on: I apologize. I had no idea that a single tongue-in-cheek comment would generate an additional page of crap replies. My bad.

Wow. That did turn into a rant. Congratulations if you made it all the way through. And now I'll go back to lurking in the shadows.
          BB and shirtless can be a bit crass... but dealing with the Pink Pony bull**** we had last year definitely makes it tough to take a low post count account seriously until they are bit better known. That nearly caused me to quit reading the board.

And fist pump away, this year is amazing so far.
          MTU Hockey fan since I was carried to a game in 1986 - for those counting... that's a lot of depressing hockey. Still love it.

Surrounded by Badger Red in Wisconsin. Such an ugly color, but the beer and cheese are delicious...

2014-15 WCHA (*Regular season portion) Pick-em Champion (**Forgeting a Week Methodology)

Comment

THG has done a good job over the years (and thanks for the live chats, btw), but as Shirtless pointed out life happens and the standard is hard to hold up.
            I try to contribute to THG when possible, but since I write for the Fashion section, my contributions are generally on an annual basis. I'll also send in some photos from time to time as well, but normally only from road games that the regular staff isn't covering due to location.
            I think the staff would also agree that when THG was created it was to "one-up" the official Tech hockey site and show them what was possible (and should be done) to promote the team in the public media. In the last few years, the official team website is VASTLY improved, both in terms of timely delivery and variety of media used. So in that regard, mission accomplished by the THG team.
            Ryan J
            Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
            https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
            Originally posted by geezer
            Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
            Originally posted by manurespreader
            ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Originally posted by Rabid Gopher View Post
              So is Tech for realz? Maybe we can have a 74/75/76 Championchip rematch
              I'll take that offer... if you let us win 2 of 3 this time around.
              Ryan J
              Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
              https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
              Originally posted by geezer
              Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
              Originally posted by manurespreader
              ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Originally posted by Rabid Gopher View Post
                So is Tech for realz?

Maybe we can have a 74/75/76 Championchip rematch
                If that means 2 out of 3 WCHA championships as well, I'm inclined to accept.

Comment

Originally posted by stuckinwi View Post
                  BB and shirtless can be a bit crass... but dealing with the Pink Pony bull**** we had last year definitely makes it tough to take a low post count account seriously until they are bit better known. That nearly caused me to quit reading the board.

And fist pump away, this year is amazing so far.
                  And I don't think Pink Pony is as bad as the group of posters that we had a few summers ago. One of them was yooperhockey something or another. Those idiots almost made me quit reading D1. I am convinced that Pink Pony is the same person as one of those posters, just a little watered down, and they all might still be the work of another regular USCHO poster just ****ing with all of us.

edit: and if you think we're crass on here, just imagine when we were roommates!
                  Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                    And I don't think Pink Pony is as bad as the group of posters that we had a few summers ago. One of them was yooperhockey something or another. Those idiots almost made me quit reading D1. I am convinced that Pink Pony is the same person as one of those posters, just a little watered down, and they all might still be the work of another regular USCHO poster just ****ing with all of us.

edit: and if you think we're crass on here, just imagine when we were roommates!
                    Oh I'd erased that crap from my memory. They were worse... /shudders.
                    MTU Hockey fan since I was carried to a game in 1986 - for those counting... that's a lot of depressing hockey. Still love it.

Surrounded by Badger Red in Wisconsin. Such an ugly color, but the beer and cheese are delicious...

2014-15 WCHA (*Regular season portion) Pick-em Champion (**Forgeting a Week Methodology)

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                      I'm with HF on this one, we could be getting sand bagged.
                      Actually, UAH is doing the ultimate sand-bagging job on Tech. Black Friday indeed!

GFM
                      Geof F. Morris
                      UAH BSE MAE 2002
                      UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
                        Actually, UAH is doing the ultimate sand-bagging job on Tech. Black Friday indeed!

GFM
                        You'll take your pounding....and like it.
                        Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                          You'll take your pounding....and like it.
                          I wonder if Mel will show the boys video of that game in Mankato last year where the Mavs attempted 100+ shots. That said, we have better puck possession this year.

It's really fun to watch Tech play. One of my best friends is an alumnus, and so I've always had a soft spot in my heart for the Huskies. Plus the nerd schools in the league should stick together.

GFM
                          Geof F. Morris
                          UAH BSE MAE 2002
                          UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
                            Plus the nerd schools in the league should stick together.

GFM
                            I've got no issues with that.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

I went over and listened to the Red B radio show to see what he had to say about last week and I also listen to other coaches shows from time to time.
                              One thing you get from most everybody is that the entire population of college hockey, coaches/ players etc. is working their butts off to get better. We have to match that work ethic or we will get left behind. That's why I love the coaches' unending focus, you have to get better every week.

What happened last week is in the past and no longer good enough. BTW doesn't that apply to every profession.? it sure applied to mine.

Oh and I'm semi certain Pink Pony was dirty and so was yooper hockey. And I like dirty.The boards would be real boring without guys like him and UAA fanblog. But he really should change his underwear once in a while.
                              Last edited by manurespreader; 11-12-2014, 04:02 PM.
                              MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Thanks everyone for looking at my post count and jumping to the conclusion that I haven't been around.
                                I had a Minnesota fan tell me he knew more about Michigan Tech than me, because I haven't pressed the submit button on this website 75,000 times. That was stunning. But I was able to recover quite nicely.

Any suggestions out there on where I should go for my information? This forum is (almost) my sole source of team information. THG has done a good job over the years (and thanks for the live chats, btw), but as Shirtless pointed out life happens and the standard is hard to hold up. Is there another active student/recent grad group that takes the effort to pull in lots of information and present it logically so I don't have to?
                                As far as I know this is it. I suspect THG has pushed the athletic dept to engage more online. After years of complaining they've finally posted game shots online for purchase, we have some video interviews, they post more news. Just a few examples there. So cheers to the THG guys for (I believe) getting it done.

And to those people like me who don't want to wade through the minutia to get a good sense of what is going on: I apologize. I had no idea that a single tongue-in-cheek comment would generate an additional page of crap replies. My bad.
                                I've been amazed at how one remark can spur so much discussion. I asked if Michigan was going to fly to Tech or take the bus and boom. The next week I made a sarcastic remark about the Big 10 being detrimental to our NCAA chances even if we blow them out and boom. So yeah there's a tendency by some to get wound up but when it's Monday morning and 4 days away till the puck drops it's the best entertainment we can hope for. Oh, and there's the occasional interesting hockey remarks too.

Wow. That did turn into a rant. Congratulations if you made it all the way through. And now I'll go back to lurking in the shadows.
                                Preach on brother!

Comment

Working...
                                X