PDA

View Full Version : Michigan Tech 2014-2015

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74

melmac
11-17-2014, 05:58 PM
We don't want to look like a winner, we want to be a winner. :D

There's still time to lose the remaining games and be the team we all know they can be. :D

I'm here to help...

(It's fun at our house these days.)

BigAl
11-17-2014, 06:02 PM
http://q30television.com/2014/11/17/breaking-down-uscho-com-mens-hockey-poll-111714/ I write a weekly recap of the USCHO poll. Would love to hear Tech fans thoughts. Is there a stream for the weekend? Thanks and congrats

aygwm2
11-17-2014, 06:39 PM
Congrats on the Numero Uno ranking! I work with a Tech grad and she will be thrilled to hear the news.

Looking forward to the January series--hopefully the Wildcats and Huskies will maintain their winning ways until then.

Broseph Stalin
11-17-2014, 06:52 PM
Congrats on the Numero Uno ranking! I work with a Tech grad and she will be thrilled to hear the news.

Looking forward to the January series--hopefully the Wildcats and Huskies will maintain their winning ways until then.

Yes, hopefully both teams can go into that series with a head of steam. Even when both teams sucked this was still a hate-fest. Big goals, big hits, late hits, brawls, taunting the fans... it's awesome!

JohnsonsJerseys
11-17-2014, 07:10 PM
QU fan here… Huge congratulations! #AllHailJohnson'sJerseys
I checked this afternoon to see how this topic was trending worldwide, but apparently I'm still way behind Kim Kardashian's @-$-$ and a videos of kittens doing cute things with puppies and a hockey puck.
Ryan J

FadeToBlack&Gold
11-17-2014, 07:28 PM
http://q30television.com/2014/11/17/breaking-down-uscho-com-mens-hockey-poll-111714/ I write a weekly recap of the USCHO poll. Would love to hear Tech fans thoughts. Is there a stream for the weekend? Thanks and congrats

Here's the thing about being "fairly untested", as you qualify despite your assertion of being "deserving". They've played the former McNaughton Cup champions, a perennial B1G power, a F5 participant, and a team that practically smoked #2 North Dakota, in Grand Forks. At what point does Tech become "tested" in the eyes of your writers? If they at least split with Mankato? If they don't choke vs. Hunstville? If they sweep UMD at home? If they win the GLI? :p

Define "tested".

PerkyforPrez
11-17-2014, 07:29 PM
Congratulations for the well deserved Number 1 Ranking.

RaceBoarder
11-17-2014, 07:46 PM
So um.... Yea... I think y'all are getting some inflated heads around these parts....

TECH STILL SUCKS!

:cool:

;)

BigAl
11-17-2014, 07:49 PM
I would define tested as playing a top 20 team. Ferris is a decent team. After this upcoming weekend, I'd be comfortable with putting Michigan Tech at one after playing a really good Minn St team.

I say deserving because Michigan Tech is absolutely deserving of USCHO's #1. My poll isn't based as much on wins and losses as USCHO's. Just my personal opinion

TECHFAN
11-17-2014, 08:09 PM
I would define tested as playing a top 20 team. Ferris is a decent team. After this upcoming weekend, I'd be comfortable with putting Michigan Tech at one after playing a really good Minn St team.

I say deserving because Michigan Tech is absolutely deserving of USCHO's #1. My poll isn't based as much on wins and losses as USCHO's. Just my personal opinion

My only issue is that you contend that if Minny and Tech played it wouldn't be close. If you feel like Minny is a better team that's fine, but even when Tech was mediocre they've been capable of beating Minnesota

BigAl
11-17-2014, 08:12 PM
My only issue is that you contend that if Minny and Tech played it wouldn't be close. If you feel like Minny is a better team that's fine, but even when Tech was mediocre they've been capable of beating Minnesota

Obviously anyone can beat anyone in college hockey, especially this year. Minnesota has the depth that no one else in college hockey has, maybe only UND. Now could Jamie stand on his head and win, absolutely. So yes I overstated on purpose. I'm really looking forward to watching you guys this weekend

huskyfan
11-17-2014, 09:28 PM
38 years since we were last ranked #1! what a trip. I think most of us thought we would have a good season, but this blows away any expectations. sometimes during the day I think about it and smile. no doubt many other teams will get the #1 spotlight this season, but what a fun week this is!! wow!

huskyfan
11-17-2014, 09:30 PM
oh and once again, thanks to all the kind posters who have come by to give congratulations! even RaceBoarder! :)

HuskyNation
11-17-2014, 09:47 PM
Obviously anyone can beat anyone in college hockey, especially this year. Minnesota has the depth that no one else in college hockey has, maybe only UND. Now could Jamie stand on his head and win, absolutely. So yes I overstated on purpose. I'm really looking forward to watching you guys this weekend

You are certainly entitled to your opinion, but when you question your own premises within your own piece and then your own words, it's really tough to understand what your real point is.....other than saying, "Yeah, Tech's a good team, but they haven't played the [Mavs]." The comment about Minnesota's depth is laughable because UMD exposed their lack of depth with the sweep and the roster Minnesota was forced to use due to injuries.

Sorry that sweeping good teams on the road like Ferris and Bemidji aren't good enough, and spanking a decent and VERY young Michigan team doesn't count either. Looking forward to this weekend.

manurespreader
11-17-2014, 09:50 PM
Without getting into politics and biases, I think what he is asking is, "is Tech for real.?" Yep they are. Is Tech the class of the league. Might be, very close, if not. We have a very tough league. Much tougher than anyone outside the league, especially people on the east coast give us credit for. We have four, maybe 5 teams that are capable of making the tournament.

Tech comes to play every night. they don't beat themselves. they have talent, they can skate very well, both forwards and defense, they play two way hockey, they are physical,They have great goaltending. So yeah they can play.
Eastern people don't see a team and so they take them for granted. Perfect example is NMU. they are a real good team. totally under the radar. They shouldn't be.

I'm with HF, no doubt many teams will be number 1 this year, but it's nice to see us there right now.

BigAl
11-17-2014, 11:16 PM
You are certainly entitled to your opinion, but when you question your own premises within your own piece and then your own words, it's really tough to understand what your real point is.....other than saying, "Yeah, Tech's a good team, but they haven't played the [Mavs]." The comment about Minnesota's depth is laughable because UMD exposed their lack of depth with the sweep and the roster Minnesota was forced to use due to injuries.

Sorry that sweeping good teams on the road like Ferris and Bemidji aren't good enough, and spanking a decent and VERY young Michigan team doesn't count either. Looking forward to this weekend.

The season is young that there are many directions you can go. I'm not questioning my own premises, I'm simply saying I can see what other people are talking about. I chose my direction cause I believe tech has played a weaker schedule than the other top 10 teams

<3_Blizzard
11-17-2014, 11:18 PM
When I checked this morning there were 815 reserved seats left for Friday and 893 for Saturday. As of a few minutes ago there are 696 for Friday and 764 for Saturday.

Just checked again and they are down to 572 for Friday and 641 for Saturday. I know they had a pretty good deal going on a family pack of tickets, probably to try and offset that this is the beginning of Thanksgiving break.

bigblue_dl
11-17-2014, 11:29 PM
BigAl:

So, you just ignore the fact that Tech actually has the 4th most difficult schedule in the country, according to RPI?

Or do you not bother yourself with facts?

<3_Blizzard
11-17-2014, 11:30 PM

Well then Tech is deserving by your own criteria both Ferris & Michigan were ranked in the top 20 when we played them. I know they aren't ranked now but if both of them had swept Tech they would both be solidly in the top 20 Michigan would be 6-3 with two of its losses on the road to Ferris & BU and Ferris would be 8-3 with all of its losses on the road.

HuskyNation
11-17-2014, 11:36 PM
The season is young that there are many directions you can go. I'm not questioning my own premises, I'm simply saying I can see what other people are talking about. I chose my direction cause I believe tech has played a weaker schedule than the other top 10 teams

Except that Tech has #4 SoS according to USCHO as well. Higher than NoDak (10) and BU (15). If you want to save face and rank Minnesota ahead of us because they have the #1 SoS, fine, except you would be hard pressed to do so given their recent effort. So again, I'm really trying to understand your logic, but finding it difficult to follow.