X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech 2014-2015

Originally posted by geezer View Post
    looks like a great system! Clearly no need to revisit that formula.
    It is widely considered to be a more accurate system than the PWR and this obviously just confirms it.
    Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
    when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
    Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
      It is widely considered to be a more accurate system than the PWR and this obviously just confirms it.
      obviously.
      Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
      USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

The one flaw with the KRACH is dealing with undefeated teams...Tech's rating is currently undefined.
        Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

you know our ranking and 3.50 will get you a cup of coffee.

But I do agree with HF, great to see the Huskies doing so well and I'm enjoying every second of it.

I've been thinking about the rest issue and it is a real long season and the legs have to have a rest at times, no matter who you are. The bye will be real welcome coming up.

We have several tough series before christmas.

my top 6 teams.

Minny,
          BU,
          Miami,
          Duluth,
          Nodak,
          MTU.

and omaha is really getting good, Robert Morris is no slouch, BC will be there, lowell also.

Should be a real interesting year.
          MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

• Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
            you know our ranking and 3.50 will get you a cup of coffee.

But I do agree with HF, great to see the Huskies doing so well and I'm enjoying every second of it.

I've been thinking about the rest issue and it is a real long season and the legs have to have a rest at times, no matter who you are. The bye will be real welcome coming up.

We have several tough series before christmas.

my top 6 teams.

Minny,
            BU,
            Miami,
            Duluth,
            Nodak,
            MTU.

and omaha is really getting good, Robert Morris is no slouch, BC will be there, lowell also.

Should be a real interesting year.
            I see Monday's poll as
            Minnesota
            NoDak
            BU
            Lowell
            BC
            MTU
            Colgate

Comment

Originally posted by HuskyNation View Post
              I see Monday's poll as
              Minnesota
              NoDak
              BU
              Lowell
              BC
              MTU
              Colgate
              Don't forget St Lawrence.

Comment

• Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                Don't forget St Lawrence.
                They will be lucky to crack the top 20.

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                  The one flaw with the KRACH is dealing with undefeated teams...Tech's rating is currently undefined.
                  KRACH was exposed with the undefeated MN women's team. That was hilarious.

And I'd put MTU at 6....maybe 7 when the new polls come out.
                  Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                  Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by HuskyNation View Post
                    They will be lucky to crack the top 20.
                    I know, same with some others of these, but St Lawrence is really good and might even win the ECAC. undefeated in the last 4, and beat a good clarkson team 4-0.

BTW man is Gus Nyquist good. amazing goals tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                      I think the best part of looking at that... Was the reminder that Wisconsin is 0-6-0.
                      MTU Hockey fan since I was carried to a game in 1986 - for those counting... that's a lot of depressing hockey. Still love it.

Surrounded by Badger Red in Wisconsin. Such an ugly color, but the beer and cheese are delicious...

2014-15 WCHA (*Regular season portion) Pick-em Champion (**Forgeting a Week Methodology)

Comment

Originally posted by stuckinwi View Post
                        I think the best part of looking at that... Was the reminder that Wisconsin is 0-6-0.
                        Too bad we have to play them in January, going to drag down our PWR. But I suppose that's the price you pay for doing whats best for college hockey by agreeing to play these struggling programs.

Comment

I see Tech going into the top 5 in the USCHO Poll. I think people realize that it's early in the season and the UofM and Ferris teams tech swept were perhaps not as strong as initially thought, but I expect people will give deference to the 8-0-0 stat. I also don't think the polls will have much effect on the players, particularly after UAA. The UAA series should have brought them back down to earth, as the games were closer than the scores suggest, particularly Saturday's game. If it wasn't for Phillips, we'd have lost Saturday and the boys know it.

Comment

Originally posted by <3_Blizzard View Post
                            Too bad we have to play them in January, going to drag down our PWR. But I suppose that's the price you pay for doing whats best for college hockey by agreeing to play these struggling programs.
                            I agree totally. We got rid of a lot of dead weight when we realigned the WCHA. I think even the casual observer can see why we couldn't have a team like Wisconsin in the same conference.

Comment

Listening to the MP Show, Dirk says pasty.net is down due to power outage: youse guys will have to catch the archived version later.
                              Mel did mention that E. Anderson has been sick all year and is currently down with mono. Blacklock is recovering from knee problems.
                              Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                              USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Originally posted by geezer View Post
                                Listening to the MP Show, Dirk says pasty.net is down due to power outage: youse guys will have to catch the archived version later.
                                Mel did mention that E. Anderson has been sick all year and is currently down with mono. Blacklock is recovering from knee problems.
                                Its up and running now...
                                Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Working...
                                X