• Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech 2014-2015

Hey College Hockey World!

We're baaaaaaaaack!!!!

-The Huskies

Comment

This was probably the most important weekend for Tech hockey in the last 30 years, and they came out and dominated the ugly helmets.

I don't think it can be overstated how huge it is to perform like this in front of 2 sellout crowds.
      Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
        I don't think it can be overstated how huge it is to perform like this in front of 2 sellout crowds.
        Agree. We've had a few large crowds in the Mel Pearson era and it seems like we'd lose them in some close games, maybe losing momentum with fringe fans. 2 big wins this weekend.

Comment

Fun stuff this weekend!

Mel's postgame interview:
          we were fotunate tonight, things went in adn Jamie made a few huge saves
          Can't say we were that much better than them, but we finished more than them
          CJ Eick plays a sig role on PK, out there a lot blocking shots, good stick in lanes
          We made a change on PP brought Blake in slot instead of by net, good shot and scored PPG
          never easy to win, did not feel comfortable up 5-1, gave up early 3rd period goal, have to finish strong, we'll learn
          Baltus stayed in lineup, Hietila/Heinonen in, good to see, happy for them, coaches talked a lot about our lineup, tough to take people out, change is good
          UM came at us hard in 3rd, have to learn how to weather that and settle down
          The fan really do make a difference, you feel it on the bench, our guys appreciate that, will give it all for the crowd and community, thanks to fans
          We face UM in GLI, it's a long ways away, they're a good/talented team, they'll win a lot of hockey games

Comment

Mel Pearson is a great coach. Most recently shown by solving UM's penalty kill in a dominating way tonight which made all the difference in that game, but also shown by the team's attitude, their skating, and stuff like bringing in Shawhan to get the most out of Jamie. I've always talked him up but now I think I was understating how good a coach he is.
            Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
            USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

bigblue_dl wasn't wrong about Michigan hurting our schedule according to SiouxSports PWR calculator:
              *Excluded MTech's 1 home win over Michigan because they would have lowered MTech's RPI
              Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

I would disagree with tMel that we were fortunate tonight. we flat out beat them. there was nothing lucky about this win. the better team won and won by the appropriate score. 6-0. omg. shocked.
                Originally posted by mtu_huskies
                "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
                Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
                Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

If my cursory research is correct, the last time Tech started a season 6-0-0 was 1972/1973.

Comment

and I doubt we will see the ugly helmets back in Houghton anytime soon. but it was a fun fun weekend with all the events and two sellouts.
                    Originally posted by mtu_huskies
                    "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
                    Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
                    Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
                      I would disagree with tMel that we were fortunate tonight. we flat out beat them. there was nothing lucky about this win. the better team won and won by the appropriate score. 6-0. omg. shocked.
                      tMel is great, this is all about not letting the players get too big a head.
                      Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Huskies really tore up those weasels!
                        Great sweep for Tech!
                        GO DU !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                          tMel is great, this is all about not letting the players get too big a head.
                          As is prudent. They can enjoy the sweep for about 24 hours, and then they need to prep for UAA. Always a big risk of putting on cruise control after a weekend like this, especially when you're still sitting at the top of the conference standings.

Comment

Originally posted by geezer View Post
                            Minnesota and Colgate both have a loss, but Tech is still 3rd in PWR. These games are fun, but we're going to have to get wins against the better programs like Mankato and Anchorage in order to move up.
                            This is fantastic.
                            Former President of Mitch's Misfits, 2005-2008

"The fans are what makes college hockey so great." - Casey Borer

Comment

Originally posted by geezer View Post
                              Minnesota and Colgate both have a loss, but Tech is still 3rd in PWR. These games are fun, but we're going to have to get wins against the better programs like Mankato and Anchorage in order to move up.
                              We have to stop scheduling these games against these Big 10 cupcakes. There's no upside to beating them, and if we lose it can ruin our NCAA chances.

Comment

Originally posted by Broseph Stalin View Post
                                We have to stop scheduling these games against these Big 10 cupcakes. There's no upside to beating them, and if we lose it can ruin our NCAA chances.
                                The comedic factor in these posts is awesome.

However, I agree that besides MN....the B1G Mistake sucks. Thanks, Barry.
                                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Working...
                                X