PDA

View Full Version : Michigan Tech 2014-2015

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74

vizoroo
11-01-2014, 11:15 PM
Huskies really tore up those weasels!
Great sweep for Tech!

FadeToBlack&Gold
11-01-2014, 11:23 PM
tMel is great, this is all about not letting the players get too big a head.

As is prudent. They can enjoy the sweep for about 24 hours, and then they need to prep for UAA. Always a big risk of putting on cruise control after a weekend like this, especially when you're still sitting at the top of the conference standings.

MeanEgirl
11-01-2014, 11:36 PM
Minnesota and Colgate both have a loss, but Tech is still 3rd in PWR. These games are fun, but we're going to have to get wins against the better programs like Mankato and Anchorage in order to move up.This is fantastic.

Broseph Stalin
11-01-2014, 11:40 PM
Minnesota and Colgate both have a loss, but Tech is still 3rd in PWR. These games are fun, but we're going to have to get wins against the better programs like Mankato and Anchorage in order to move up.

We have to stop scheduling these games against these Big 10 cupcakes. There's no upside to beating them, and if we lose it can ruin our NCAA chances.

The Rube
11-01-2014, 11:47 PM
We have to stop scheduling these games against these Big 10 cupcakes. There's no upside to beating them, and if we lose it can ruin our NCAA chances.

The comedic factor in these posts is awesome. :D

However, I agree that besides MN....the B1G Mistake sucks. Thanks, Barry.

Broseph Stalin
11-01-2014, 11:52 PM
The comedic factor in these posts is awesome. :D

However, I agree that besides MN....the B1G Mistake sucks. Thanks, Barry.

If Minnesota wants to charter a jet to the Keweenaw I'm sure Mel would allow them a shot at the belt. I don't like playing cupcakes, but Mel likes giving these Big 10 teams a hand up.

Burnt Orange Husky
11-01-2014, 11:56 PM
Alright, alright, ALRIGHT!!! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbOI7wt-CxE) We beat Mich-again! :D

I have found memories of beating U of M back in the 70s and wish I could have been there this weekend. The attendance for tonight's game is listed as 4,466. Was that a sellout?

The Rube
11-01-2014, 11:57 PM
If Minnesota wants to charter a jet to the Keweenaw I'm sure Mel would allow them a shot at the belt. I don't like playing cupcakes, but Mel likes giving these Big 10 teams a hand up.

Son, be careful what you wish for. Ask the veterans around here. Heck, the MN fans cannot get a suite because "we don't want that opponents' presence magnified in that fashion." /truestory

Broseph Stalin
11-02-2014, 12:05 AM
Son, be careful what you wish for. Ask the veterans around here. Heck, the MN fans cannot get a suite because "we don't want that opponents' presence magnified in that fashion." /truestory

I wouldn't bother scheduling a team from the Big 10. I think we need to focus on strength of schedule and playing programs that are committed to winning. Mel is old school. He knows the Big 10 is a weak conference and he's willing to put them on the schedule. I think that's a mistake to play down, but that's just me. If you don't want to play in the big leagues there's nothing wrong with DIII. Lots of good kids are playing there.

The Rube
11-02-2014, 12:07 AM
I wouldn't bother scheduling a team from the Big 10. I think we need to focus on strength of schedule and playing programs that are committed to winning. Mel is old school. He knows the Big 10 is a weak conference and he's willing to put them on the schedule. I think that's a mistake to play down, but that's just me. If you don't want to play in the big leagues there's nothing wrong with DIII. Lots of good kids are playing there.

Speaking of fantasy....MN would crush you, scooter. ;) And Tech is my little sister school. Ask around.

UMICH
11-02-2014, 12:09 AM
Congratulations, I wish I could say it didn't hurt.

Broseph Stalin
11-02-2014, 12:10 AM
Speaking of fantasy....MN would crush you, scooter. ;) And Tech is my little sister school. Ask around.

We're playing all the top teams from Minnesota this year. The Twin Cities campus didn't make the cut. I don't know what little sister you're talking about but Michigan likes talking about "little brother" and it ends up not working out so well for them. Just an FYI.

The Rube
11-02-2014, 12:11 AM
We're playing all the top teams from Minnesota this year. The Twin Cities campus didn't make the cut. I don't know what little sister you're talking about but Michigan likes talking about "little brother" and it ends up not working out so well for them. Just an FYI.

You are too good to be true. Hello fresh meat to devour. :D

Broseph Stalin
11-02-2014, 12:25 AM
You are too good to be true. Hello fresh meat to devour. :D

Minnesota is king of the cupcakes. It's cute that you guys are so excited. Good for you! Isn't hockey fun?

The Rube
11-02-2014, 12:29 AM
Minnesota is king of the cupcakes. It's cute that you guys are so excited. Good for you! Isn't hockey fun?

Let's see....we know how to design an intersection that is NOT the Yooper Loop...and you're an ENGINEERING SCHOOL! Double fail. You haven't been relevant since you were a squirt in your daddy's shorts...and probably not relevant then either.

Also, you are taking on a fanbase that generally supports you. There is a marriage mixed in there, due to this fandom, believe it or not.

Frankly, you are sinking faster than the MI football team.

Broseph Stalin
11-02-2014, 12:47 AM
Let's see....we know how to design an intersection that is NOT the Yooper Loop...and you're an ENGINEERING SCHOOL! Double fail. You haven't been relevant since you were a squirt in your daddy's shorts...and probably not relevant then either.

Also, you are taking on a fanbase that generally supports you. There is a marriage mixed in there, due to this fandom, believe it or not.

Frankly, you are sinking faster than the MI football team.

The Big 10 is weak bro. Nothing personal. We have an actual hockey team coming to Houghton next weekend. We're already focused on Alaska-Anchorage. They're our first real test this year so we need to move on from this Big 10 talk.

HuskyNation
11-02-2014, 12:59 AM
C'mon Brent. You act like we work for MDOT or something.
Bet that Civil Engineer went to UMAA. ;) Just to stick it to us.

Little BS is new and obviously doesn't know what's what. At least they have spunk. We'll work on the lippiness. Only took 35 years to get to this point again.

Broseph Stalin
11-02-2014, 01:15 AM
C'mon Brent. You act like we work for MDOT or something.
Bet that Civil Engineer went to UMAA. ;) Just to stick it to us.

Little BS is new and obviously doesn't know what's what. At least they have spunk. We'll work on the lippiness. Only took 35 years to get to this point again.

New to this message board is not the same as new to all things Tech. Let's just focus on next weekend. This tune-up weekend was good for Mel to get a look at a few guys and get the lineup set. The Anchorage series will show if we're for real this year.

HuskyNation
11-02-2014, 01:25 AM
New to this message board is not the same as new to all things Tech. Let's just focus on next weekend. This tune-up weekend was good for Mel to get a look at a few guys and get the lineup set. The Anchorage series will show if we're for real this year.

We're for real, this series showed the corner is turned. This is largely the same Michigan team we played at Yost last year. The difference was our team speed which has greatly increased and the puck awareness that has also greatly increased. In turn, Tech is finishing their chances more often and creating more of them with their attacking speed. Mel is recreating the MacInnes teams of the 70s, strong on the puck with speed. A recipe that yields success.

The issue will be maintaining focus and giving that 60 minute complete effort every single night. One game at a time.

manurespreader
11-02-2014, 06:30 AM
Great win and well deserved. I'd also like to ask... when was the last time we sold out and when was the last time we sold out two consecutive games. I have no memory of anything like that. BS, is all wet. We like the big and want them in our building. Use your brain BS, think before you speak is a good thing. We get a lot by the big coming up to Houghton. Much more than they get by us going to them. It was a huge favor for Michigan to come up, same for MSU last year.

I would like to see a few things change at the Mac too. Better food, more bathrooms, more suites, and MORE SEATS!.

Huskies number 1 Baby.!!