• Re: Michigan Tech 2014-2015

Originally posted by giwan View Post
    Allowed not allowed what is this so called rule. Pack it if you can
    Now that's the spirit.

Comment

Originally posted by giwan View Post
      Allowed not allowed what is this so called rule. Pack it if you can
      Gonna guess the fire department would look the other way in that backwoods town.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
        Gonna guess the fire department would look the other way in that backwoods town.
        They'll be drinking in suites watching to make sure it's under control. I know I've served them beer during a fire call in a building I was living in back then.

Comment

Wallop the wolverines!
          GO DU !!!

Comment

Originally posted by geezer View Post
            4,254 vs Lake Superior State (10/13/2012)
            What was the team giving away for this game? Money?
            If they put 4200+ in the rink for that game, I have not doubt that both games this weekend will be 4000+.
            I fear the line at the nacho stand will be substantial this weekend.
            #KeepCalmWaitYourTurn
            Ryan J
            Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
            https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
            Originally posted by geezer
            Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
            Originally posted by manurespreader
            ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

it will be packed. and rocking. cant wait to hear the pep band and see what the Misfits have come up with. will have to get there early so to get nachos before they run out. no doubt Wolverine fans have heard of them and will be buying them in droves. last day to make reservations for Blue Line Club Lunch blueline@mtu.edu
              Originally posted by mtu_huskies
              "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
              Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
              Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

From my personal archives - here's the game program from the last time Michigan played in Houghton. I especially liked the front page pic of Mel (with the headset) and of course the infamous Cooperalls.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1z...ew?usp=sharing

Comment

• Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
                  From my personal archives - here's the game program from the last time Michigan played in Houghton. I especially liked the front page pic of Mel (with the headset) and of course the infamous Cooperalls.

cool. thanks for sharing!
                  Boosh Factor 4

Comment

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
                    What was the team giving away for this game? Money?

Ryan J
                    I think that might have been the opening game after Mel's first year where they made some big progress and optimism was running high. I was at that game and it was 3 deep in the standing section. It definitely has a different feel around the arena when you put 4000 fans in the building. And it can get loud too.

Comment

Originally posted by redwing61 View Post
                      On the Mel Pearson Show today Mel asked to hear from the fans about which non-conference teams they'd like to see in Houghton.

I put together a survey.

Share the link with Huskies fans everywhere!
                      I'm disappointed that most don't want to see Ellsworth and UMass-Lowell come to Houghton.
                      Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post

That's awesome. I like the demonic husky dog and the old bear mascot too.
                        Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                        USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

It's interesting that Michigan Tech lists the LSSU game from 10/13/2012 as 4254 because every other source I've found says 3,904. Most arenas list the capacity as seats but I'm almost positive that the listed capacity of MacInnes is 4200 including standing room. Those other games from the 70s wouldn't fly today based on fire marshall rules. I'm pretty sure I've heard stories of those games and how there were people standing in the aisles and everything else.
                          Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                            It's interesting that Michigan Tech lists the LSSU game from 10/13/2012 as 4254 because every other source I've found says 3,904. Most arenas list the capacity as seats but I'm almost positive that the listed capacity of MacInnes is 4200 including standing room. Those other games from the 70s wouldn't fly today based on fire marshall rules. I'm pretty sure I've heard stories of those games and how there were people standing in the aisles and everything else.
                            Don't forget that it wasn't too long ago that the top row of the "Townie" side at the Mac was still a standing room area. I'll bet they could get away with packing in a double row up there, back in the day.

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                              I have a feeling at some point on Saturday people will be turned away. Michigan Tech Recreation calls the 4200 "seating capacity" and includes this note about special events:
                              In addition to Huskies hockey, the arena hosts Kinesiology and Integrative Physiology classes, intramural ice hockey, recreational skating, youth and adult hockey and figure skating programs, and private rentals. It also serves as a special events area and can accommodate 5,600 people for events such as Michigan Tech’s commencements, concerts, circuses, and more.
                              I think the "can accomodate" # is what is governed by fire safety (egress) law. And, as has been pointed out, it's a hockey game... safety schmafety. But it would be impossible to give 5,600 people a view of the ice... things like commencements include seats on the rink.
                              Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                              USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

from what I've heard in the old days the top "townies" row was two deep, people sat in the aisles and stood anywhere you could remotely view the rink. the fire marshall discreetly looked the other way. dont know if that would fly anymore. 4200 is official capacity. does that include the boxes and standing room? I dont know.
                                Boosh Factor 4

Comment

Working...
                                X