This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech 2014-2015

Whoever it is, with no offense to John Scott, I think he's a bigger name.

Comment

What a big weekend. I thought Jamie made some great saves in the 3rd. Great to see from such a big question mark heading into the season.

Mel's postgame interview:
      We put in a gutsy effort, not a great 2nd, but real good 3rd
      Told team after 2, we can't change what's happened, can say how we play in 3rd
      Gutsy efforts not on stat sheet, blocked shots, faceoffs etc
      Roy blocked a few, Sturos, Johnstone, need thos little thigns on the road
      There will be bumps/bruises, but it'll be an easier bus ride home
      FSU came out and pressed us in the 2nd, we were mentally drained more so than physically, reacting instead of anticipating, got sloppy
      Once they scored, FSU came at us hard, it was key to get through 2 tied
      we did a good job 4x4 in this game, thought refs did a good job, FSU wanted to play a physical game
      nice to start season with 4 road wins
      Gillies first career goal, big goal and great shot, he'll score goals for us
      Phillips did a great job, made a few great saves, he's battling as hard as Mel's seen, finding pucks, really happy for Jamie
      D. Johnstone goal - not many players have that patience, went to backhand and put it over Motte
      Toldy Billy he'd go into 2nd intermission calm, we were still in this tied 1-1, 20 mins away from a sweep
      Look forward to the UM series, special announcment on Monday, will add to the festivities,
      call early monday to get your tickets to Fri/Sat, once we make our announcement they'll be in demand
      We'll bring the McNaughton back with us to Houghton too

Comment

I like how Tech sits at #2 in the PWR, hopefully they can move up.
        Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
        USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Originally posted by geezer View Post
          I like how Tech sits at #2 in the PWR, hopefully they can move up.
          Tech, yeah !!!

Comment

• Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
            Chara won't be playing that weekend, but he doesn't have any friends.
            http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=735886
            Ryan J

PS - My back-up guess would be "Stanley". They never said a person, just the biggest NAME. Stanley has LOTS of friends.
            Stanley is a good guess. That would be cool. Maybe the last four tech alums who won it?

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post

Whoever it is, with no offense to John Scott, I think he's a bigger name.
              Nobody is bigger than Mr. Hockey. But Mel says "once we announce whats taking place". It has to be photo ops with the Stanley Cup and some other trophies. That would pack the house.

Or maybe Tony Esposito is coming back? Hmmm... OK I think it's Eposito and the Cup because it's the 50th anniversary of them winning the championship. Don't know who the other 3 friends are.
              Last edited by Broseph Stalin; 10-25-2014, 09:05 PM.

Comment

I think Tech has a real good team,and not to throw cold water on anything, but we have a long way to go to get to the level of BU or BC or Union. Still, Go Huskies.
                MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Finally. It's only been 30 years.
                  Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Holy Wah! a sweep!

Phillips was outstanding. and we could easily have had more goals had not Motte been outstanding too.

I think its the Stanley Cup and more of his hardware friends. perhaps bringing the MacNaughton home, showing off the Gibson, some of the other pro trophies.

however, Broseph's theory on John Scott and his fists had a beautiful symmetry to it. and the Hale brothers beat down makes me smile. I was there and so up close and personal I could see the individual droplets of blood fly. I think each fist could count as two because thats how many Minnesota players he could hold off at one time.

overheard walking down the hallway at the game tonight "I think we are going to be seeing them in Minneapolis this year"
                    Originally posted by mtu_huskies
                    "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
                    Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
                    Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
                      Holy Wah! a sweep!

Phillips was outstanding. and we could easily have had more goals had not Motte been outstanding too.

I think its the Stanley Cup and more of his hardware friends. perhaps bringing the MacNaughton home, showing off the Gibson, some of the other pro trophies.

however, Broseph's theory on John Scott and his fists had a beautiful symmetry to it. and the Hale brothers beat down makes me smile. I was there and so up close and personal I could see the individual droplets of blood fly. I think each fist could count as two because thats how many Minnesota players he could hold off at one time.

overheard walking down the hallway at the game tonight "I think we are going to be seeing them in Minneapolis this year"
                      I don't think they're going to play a single game in Minneapolis this year. No games at Mariucci.
                      Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

• Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                        I don't think they're going to play a single game in Minneapolis this year. No games at Mariucci.
                        ha! shows what Michiganders know. St. Paul, maybe?
                        Originally posted by mtu_huskies
                        "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
                        Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
                        Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
                          ha! shows what Michiganders know. St. Paul, maybe?
                          Geographical technicalities. Sort of like saying you live in Detroit, when in reality you're in one of those stuffy, overpriced suburbs like Birmingham.

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                            I think Tech has a real good team,and not to throw cold water on anything, but we have a long way to go to get to the level of BU or BC or Union. Still, Go Huskies.
                            I was at the BU vs Mich State game this weekend. IMO, we do NOT want to be at the level of BU based on what I saw. They had their hands full with State who is not a great team this year.
                            Ryan J
                            Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                            https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                            Originally posted by geezer
                            Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                            Originally posted by manurespreader
                            ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Originally posted by Broseph Stalin View Post
                              Nobody is bigger than Mr. Hockey. But Mel says "once we announce whats taking place". It has to be photo ops with the Stanley Cup and some other trophies. That would pack the house.
                              Davis Payne and the LA Kings are in Detroit on Friday night...
                              Originally posted by dicaslover
                              Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
                              Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

We want another one! Just like the other one! We want....umm...3 sweeps or 5 wins? Either way, Go Tech Go! Mush you Husky Dogs!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X