This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UMass Lowell 2014-2015 Season: The March to March

I don't think they actually stitched the ear back on. Mr was impressed to hear they thought that though.

Comment

Originally posted by hawkeytown View Post
      Piere McGuire “Lowell is like Dracula...unless you put a stake in their heart, you can’t kill them...they just keep coming”.
      That's great! I missed that but love it. Makes me somewhat less ticked off now about the UMasses tonight but not that much less.
      Hockey East Tournament Champions - 2013, 2014, 2017
      Hockey East Regular Season Champions - 2013, 2017
      Frozen Four - 2013

Charter member of Darin's "UML Seven"

Gooooooooooooo....Rivermen!

Comment

When ever I hear the Umass stuff I think of the flagship stuff and chuckle. Then I think of the cash I paid in so we could get a parking garage that the state stole and built the Mullins Ctr with and I get aggravated.

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
          When ever I hear the Umass stuff I think of the flagship stuff and chuckle. Then I think of the cash I paid in so we could get a parking garage that the state stole and built the Mullins Ctr with and I get aggravated.
          not sure i understand that one
          BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
          Skating Friar Jersey
          AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
          UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
          Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

LOL @ flagship. They actually have "flagship campus" in their tv ads now. Looks like they're a tad nervous out in Amherst. Can't wait until that time in the future when Lowell beats them in bball.
            Frozen Four - 2013

Comment

Originally posted by Patman View Post
              not sure i understand that one
              Ancient history. When I was a student we voted to increase what we paid so we could fund a parking garage (the one built 30 yrs later!!). We then joined the UMass system and they funneled the money we had paid into the Umass system. No parking garage for us but lovely improvements at ZooMass, the drug capital of the state at the time. I hold a grudge for awhile.

Comment

Tonight was the 6th time since Norm became coach that they battled back from a 2-goal deficit and managed to get at least one point. They are now 3-26-3 when they fall behind by 2 goals at any point in a game under Norm.

From what I heard, Campbell didn't make the trip due to illness.
                Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
                "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

• Originally posted by ScottK View Post
                  Tonight was the 6th time since Norm became coach that they battled back from a 2-goal deficit and managed to get at least one point. They are now 3-26-3 when they fall behind by 2 goals at any point in a game under Norm.
                  That's an interesting stat. Doing the quick math, Bazin's team loses 68% of the time when down by 2 goals. I can't figure out if this is considered good, average, or below average. But there is no question that on most nights, the team has plenty of fight in them - and like Dracula you need to put a stake in their heart to make them go away.
                  University of Lowell, 1987

Comment

• Originally posted by riverchief1 View Post
                    NBCSN announcers raving about Gambardella all game. What a game he had on top of having to have one of his ears stitched back on from a practice injury the other day according to them tonight. Ewwww..
                    There is something about Gambardella (I'm Gamby dammit!) that reminds me of a Chiefs player from the mid 80s. Anybody remember Tony Lopilato? That kid had heart, drive, determination, and went out of his way to make every shift count.
                    University of Lowell, 1987

Comment

Originally posted by BostonSoccerDad View Post
                      There is something about Gambardella (I'm Gamby dammit!) that reminds me of a Chiefs player from the mid 80s. Anybody remember Tony Lopilato? That kid had heart, drive, determination, and went out of his way to make every shift count.
                      Loved to watch Lopi but he doesn't hip check like Lopi did Lopi is now a State Trooper I think.

Comment

Smith, Lauria and Gambardella are becoming a very very special line for UML. 2 freshmen and 1 sophomore- oh mama! They are good
                        "We will play a style that is a puck-possession game, an up-tempo style ... It will rely on speed and toughness. I’m sure these players can
                        make that adjustment very easily. We’re going to make the Tsongas a tough place to get points for other teams." -UML Coach Norm Bazin

Comment

Originally posted by BostonSoccerDad View Post
                          Lopi was great! You'd see him circling around, go into a low tuck as you knew what he was about to unleash, and then just unload a hip check that would send the player up in the air head over heels. And then he'd just skate by laughing as play continued.
                          Frozen Four - 2013

Comment

It looked like Joe couldnt get enough lift on the puck and it went right into his pads
                            BACK 2 BACK HE Champions whoda thunk it! Final Four 2013!

Comment

Originally posted by riverchief1 View Post
                              Lopi was great! You'd see him circling around, go into a low tuck as you knew what he was about to unleash, and then just unload a hip check that would send the player up in the air head over heels. And then he'd just skate by laughing as play continued.
                              That is my memory too. There were more players who learned how to do a cartwheel on the far boards....

Comment

That is my memory too. There were more players who learned how to do a cartwheel on the far boards....
                                The best ones were in open ice/center ice where he would just work low and come up under a player and launch him into space. Seeing his reaction everytime, skating by and laughing was priceless.
                                Frozen Four - 2013

Comment

Working...
                                X