This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UMass Lowell 2014-2015 Season: The March to March

Anyone know what's up with the Fin goalie?! Hasnt been on the bench for awhile...
    "We will play a style that is a puck-possession game, an up-tempo style ... It will rely on speed and toughness. I’m sure these players can
    make that adjustment very easily. We’re going to make the Tsongas a tough place to get points for other teams." -UML Coach Norm Bazin

Comment

Originally posted by Patronick View Post
      I'm sure watching the film tomorrow won't be pleasant. Having said that, Lowell needs to learn and move on quickly. Four days until they leave for South Bend. Here's hoping Lowell can get a split against ND.
      I'm hoping you play like you did tonight when you come to South Bend. I think we are 0-3-0 all time against Lowell. No worries though, if you start to find yourself in trouble just take our guy down and take a penalty. Shoot, you can probably skate 3 on 5 for half a period and not give up a goal. I'm hoping ND takes any points.

Comment

Originally posted by hawkeytown View Post
        Anyone know what's up with the Fin goalie?! Hasnt been on the bench for awhile...
        I was told he is injured, but no further details.
        Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
        "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

• Originally posted by ScottK View Post
          I was told he is injured, but no further details.
          Thanks.
          "We will play a style that is a puck-possession game, an up-tempo style ... It will rely on speed and toughness. I’m sure these players can
          make that adjustment very easily. We’re going to make the Tsongas a tough place to get points for other teams." -UML Coach Norm Bazin

Comment

Oh well, the 'hawks laid an egg last night. It was bound to happen at some point. But also have to give credit to Penn State who played with a lot of enthusiasm and determination. One would figure that with a 4 goal lead they would have some kind of let down - but they did not. Congrats to Penn State.
            University of Lowell, 1987

Comment

Originally posted by fr0zn-4 View Post
              So much negativity. Up 5-1. It was garbage time. It's like saying the patriots defense looks awful when they give up 14 points in the fourth quarter when winning by 35.

Lowell dominated the game. Plain and simple. Game will be closer on Saturday night but expect another lowell win. 8-1-2 on Sunday morning. But yeah... "Ugly".
              You need a new crystal ball.. the Jcarter school of homerism will end up biting you. Penn St. is a good team and after last nights game is higher in the pairwaise with a tougher SOS...

Comment

Originally posted by Kdaddy1968 View Post
                You need a new crystal ball.. the Jcarter school of homerism will end up biting you. Penn St. is a good team and after last nights game is higher in the pairwaise with a tougher SOS...
                Your first point is valid, but referencing the PWR in November after less than a third of the games have been played is asinine.
                Lowell Forever
                Forever Lowell

Comment

Originally posted by BostonSoccerDad View Post
                  Oh well, the 'hawks laid an egg last night. It was bound to happen at some point. But also have to give credit to Penn State who played with a lot of enthusiasm and determination. One would figure that with a 4 goal lead they would have some kind of let down - but they did not. Congrats to Penn State.
                  When Lowell lays an egg, there's no doubt about it. That is now twice it has happened an unfortunately each time against
                  a Big Ten team for the Big Ten/Hockey East Challenge.
                  What did you say?
                  Who own the Chiefs?
                  What did he say?
                  Owns! Owns!

Comment

• Originally posted by gochiefs View Post
                    When Lowell lays an egg, there's no doubt about it. That is now twice it has happened an unfortunately each time against
                    a Big Ten team for the Big Ten/Hockey East Challenge.
                    Penn State looks like they are going to win their share of Big 10 games this year. Seems like a down year so far for all of Hockey East. The enitre league including Lowell is going to need to step up if we want to send more than a couple of teams to the tournament.

Comment

Originally posted by Patronick View Post
                      Your first point is valid, but referencing the PWR in November after less than a third of the games have been played is asinine.
                      As is proclaiming you are the better team halfway through a series at home in November.. that is what I was pointing out. That is asinine as well. Jcarter does it for UVM and gets called on it as he should.. as should this case..

Comment

• Originally posted by Kdaddy1968 View Post
                        As is proclaiming you are the better team halfway through a series at home in November.. that is what I was pointing out. That is asinine as well. Jcarter does it for UVM and gets called on it as he should.. as should this case..
                        Penn state is in their third year and the past has shown that it doesn't take forever to develop a hockey team. They're probably going to be in that middle zone between 12-20 this year. Teams like this are dangerous because others don't take them seriously enough.

That doesn't excuse yesterday's giant fart. Just a reminder that nothing is taken for granted. It's hard to say "take nothing for granted and things should turn out fine" because saying the latter usually is code for "relax". More, barrel like warriors today and emerge as champions when it's over.

In the end it's on the coach to manage the expectations of the team and get them to learn from it.

Let's also face it, defense isn't our strongest point. I tried to watch the game but the vid sucked and there was an audio delay. The parts I did see were uninspired and just unfavorable offensive positions. I dunno. Here's to Thursday where we find out what we have learned.
                        BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                        Skating Friar Jersey
                        AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                        UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                        Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Originally posted by Patman View Post
                          Penn state is in their third year and the past has shown that it doesn't take forever to develop a hockey team. They're probably going to be in that middle zone between 12-20 this year. Teams like this are dangerous because others don't take them seriously enough.

That doesn't excuse yesterday's giant fart. Just a reminder that nothing is taken for granted. It's hard to say "take nothing for granted and things should turn out fine" because saying the latter usually is code for "relax". More, barrel like warriors today and emerge as champions when it's over.

In the end it's on the coach to manage the expectations of the team and get them to learn from it.

Let's also face it, defense isn't our strongest point. I tried to watch the game but the vid sucked and there was an audio delay. The parts I did see were uninspired and just unfavorable offensive positions. I dunno. Here's to Thursday where we find out what we have learned.
                          Fair enough reply. You guys are a good team. Consistency is an issue but find me a team where it isn't. All I am saying is the other team gets a vote in the outcome and saying "they won because we didn't play our best" ****es me off (same when jcarter says it). Maybe they won because the other team was flat out better. UVM lost to PC on Friday there was no doubt who the better team was Friday and it wasn't UVM....

Comment

Fair enough reply. You guys are a good team. Consistency is an issue but find me a team where it isn't. All I am saying is the other team gets a vote in the outcome and saying "they won because we didn't play our best" ****es me off (same when jcarter says it). Maybe they won because the other team was flat out better. UVM lost to PC on Friday there was no doubt who the better team was Friday and it wasn't UVM....
                            On Saturday, we didn't play our best. Period. Is it the sole reason that Penn St won and UML lost? Don't know. All I know is we sure didn't do ourselves any favors.

To take a page from Bellichek: On to Notre Dame.
                            Gary

www.umlhockey.com
                            Unofficial Home of Lowell Hockey

182nd member to 2,000 posts
                            "It's like putting lipstick on a pig." Chris MacKenzie says, speaking of the fresh paint on the visiting locker room at Alfond.
                            KnowItAll: "I have little respect for the imagination and creativity of a person who can only think of ONE way to spell a word."

Comment

UVM lost to PC on Friday there was no doubt who the better team was Friday and it wasn't UVM....
                              Penn State was the better team over the final 4 periods of play this weekend. They worked harder than Lowell and deserved the win last night. Hopefully the Hawks will learn something from this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
                                Penn State was the better team over the final 4 periods of play this weekend. They worked harder than Lowell and deserved the win last night. Hopefully the Hawks will learn something from this weekend.
                                Exactly. We took the third period off on Friday night because we didn't need it. And that just continued on Saturday night. Awful, awful performance. One of the worst I've seen from this team in years. Penn State won because they wanted it more. We seemed to not care.
                                Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
                                2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                                2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
                                2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
                                2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Working...
                                X