Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WCHA TV – Questions, Comments, Complaints, etc.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: WCHA TV – Questions, Comments, Complaints, etc.

Originally posted by beaverhockeyfan View Post
    Just based on what I have read here, they have not picked up this customer for a game or two.

I haven't bought any games just because of all the reviews I have seen here. I will listen to Schultzie call the road games for the Beaver Radio Network. At least then I don't have to worry about any dropped video/audio then!

And for home games I can't make it to, I have Lakeland Public Television to thank for my viewing pleasure.
    There were a few games I probably would have bought as single games, Tech-MSU, for example, but after hearing how terrible the service was, I just decided I'd be better served to listen to the free radio stream.
    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

I guess that's the crazy thing: last year, those of us who jumped on the season pass at the beginning of the year were generally exhorting those who hadn't done so to really jump into it by the end of the year, to the point that a few of us (including me) were after the league to do a reduced pass for the last month of the season. They had a product that we all liked. This is not that product. I'm aware that a lot of the problem is that Eversport bought AmericaONE, etc., but the product simply isn't as good as last year, and last year was cobbled together at the last minute after FOX Sports Go died on the vine at least in terms of its minor college sports showcase.

GFM
      Geof F. Morris
      UAH BSE MAE 2002
      UAHHockey.com

Comment

1.) The cost is too high for any level of quality
        2.) All the technical issues need to be fixed
        Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
        USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

the multiple logins error when the software accidentally booted you and you're trying to log back in is really annoying.
          Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
            the multiple logins error when the software accidentally booted you and you're trying to log back in is really annoying.
            Yup, toss in a lack of keyboard on a phone/tablet and it's a source of rage.
            MTU Hockey fan since I was carried to a game in 1986 - for those counting... that's a lot of depressing hockey. Still love it.

Surrounded by Badger Red in Wisconsin. Such an ugly color, but the beer and cheese are delicious...

2014-15 WCHA (*Regular season portion) Pick-em Champion (**Forgeting a Week Methodology)

Comment

They've had plenty of technical issues and to their credit worked through some of them. But it has sucked being the guinea pigs, especially for the increased price they are charging. These issues included getting kicked out every 20 mins for no reason, no easy way to get to archiving from wcha.tv and just overall poor quality.

In my mind the open issues are still:
              the slow archiving of games, I swear last year I could get home and if the game was done airing live it was available to watch on VOD, now they say it take about 2.5 hours to get it from AmericaOne, that pretty much makes it unwatchable the night of if you're not home during the game, I don't remember every having this issue

When you watvh VOD, you have to use the eversport.tv website instead of wcha.tv and the full screen on eversport.tv is still not big enough, it's gotten bigger, but it should go full screen! How annoying to have a bar on the right and bottom of the screen because of their crappy setup.

The video quality NEEDS to improve. One of the last Tech home weekends was better video quality I thought, but then there were black bars on the left and right side of the screen, these guys just can't figure it out.
              The PIP was nice too, but not a big deal for me, just another example of the step backward for a higher cost we experienced this year.

Comment

Did anyone have an issue with blurred out screen images throughout the night for the Tech game? IT was brutal!

Comment

Anyone, mostly GF Morris, watch the Alaska and UAH games???? Wonder how the video and audio sounds via WCHA TV.

It's simulcast of radio play by play BUT the Carlson Center folks remix for TV and WCHA TV.

They rebroadcast on GCI TV tape delayed in Fairbanks. NO hi def...The picture looks way too hot, all white with the blue lines and center red line almost non existent. The audio of play by play gets drowned out by crowd noise and crowd mic....

radio broadcast is fine...just wonder how internet broadcast looks??????

Comment

Watched the Friday NMU at UA_ game a few weeks back and had similar issue. The video was not as bad as described. The audio was just as bad. My TV volume goes 0-100, and I normally listen at around 14. I had it cranked to 60 or more and still couldn't hear the pxp well.

Did they fix the audio sync issue for the UAH games?
                    “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                      Did they fix the audio sync issue for the UAH games?
                      It was better, but there was a good chunk of time where the audio was 3-4 seconds ahead of the play both nights.

As for the video, the saturation was pretty okay. There were some buffering problems on my end from time to time —*I think that I had to restart it three times over the course of the weekend. I'm not sure what UAHstatman saw over his way.

I'm not in love with the Alaska announcers, but I gather that they've been doing it for a while and that people like them. The PBP guys sounds like a morning DJ, and the color guy always seems to be surprised that he has to say something.

GFM
                      Geof F. Morris
                      UAH BSE MAE 2002
                      UAHHockey.com

Comment

I'm still waiting to see my FIRST game in HD... much less all of them.
                        Ryan J
                        Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                        https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                        Originally posted by geezer
                        Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                        Originally posted by manurespreader
                        ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Question about WCHA hockey on TV, but not about the website stuff. For Bemidji fans. Is there something different with your broadcasts this year? In past years I have been able to watch Bemidji home games on the Lakeland TV channel, on Dish Network, in the Twin Cities. This year, I can't find the games. Are they no longer available in the Twin Cities market? Or has Dish changed the channel number? I seem to remember that the channel used to be 17, or maybe 22... I'd like to watch the games, but haven't had the chance yet.
                          Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                            Question about WCHA hockey on TV, but not about the website stuff. For Bemidji fans. Is there something different with your broadcasts this year? In past years I have been able to watch Bemidji home games on the Lakeland TV channel, on Dish Network, in the Twin Cities. This year, I can't find the games. Are they no longer available in the Twin Cities market? Or has Dish changed the channel number? I seem to remember that the channel used to be 17, or maybe 22... I'd like to watch the games, but haven't had the chance yet.
                            It is still available on Lakeland TV and should be on the Minnesota Channel, not sure we get that one with dish anymore. I know I don't but that's because I get Eau Claire locals.
                            Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                              It is still available on Lakeland TV and should be on the Minnesota Channel, not sure we get that one with dish anymore. I know I don't but that's because I get Eau Claire locals.
                              I'm wondering if we don't get that in the Twin Cities on Dish anymore. I haven't seen it all season when I've looked for BSU games. That's a bit disappointing.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                                I'm wondering if we don't get that in the Twin Cities on Dish anymore. I haven't seen it all season when I've looked for BSU games. That's a bit disappointing.
                                I paid the $25 for the OTA antenna adapter for the hopper to watch the MTU @ BSU games over the air
                                Last edited by Shirtless Guy; 12-16-2014, 02:32 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X