X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Hockey 2014-2015: Dedicated to Rich Curadi

Originally posted by ibanezist00 View Post
    So anyway, now that the general joy from breaking out the brooms on Union has started to subside a bit, what do we have to do to get four points out of Harvard and Dartmouth this weekend? Harvard, like Colgate, seems to never be predictable to me, and Dartmouth we usually do well against in the regular season. Granted, this is ECAC league hockey we're talking here, so this entire string of thoughts may be futile...
    Pray for a miracle.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
      It's still only two games and four points. He hasn't proved a darn thing yet. And there's no need to repeat myself any further. The point has been made, we'll see what happens come Harvard/Dartmouth.
      "Well, we'll probably get our butts kicked in the NCAAs." -- FD, if RPI won the ECAC
      "Pfft, I bet the Sabres would still beat us easily." -- FD, if RPI won the national title

What the hell is the point of being a fan if you're going to take so little joy in two wins over a heavily favored arch rival?
      Tyler

"I just want to see one conference semifinal appearance before I die" is probably the most pathetic thought I've ever had. Go 'Tute.

Comment

Originally posted by RPIPuzzleGuy View Post
        "Well, we'll probably get our butts kicked in the NCAAs." -- FD, if RPI won the ECAC
        "Pfft, I bet the Sabres would still beat us easily." -- FD, if RPI won the national title

What the hell is the point of being a fan if you're going to take so little joy in two wins over a heavily favored arch rival?
        First one's understandable. Last time we scored a goal in the NCAAs, I wasn't even born yet. And we were offsides as well.

You have some explaining to do on the second one, because I don't see how or when a college team would EVER play an NHL team. Not to mention, a national championship is the highest you can go. Where would the disappointment be in that?

There's a big difference between being blinded by short-term success and realizing the big picture. The big picture is that we have been effectively shut out four times, three of which were to potential opponents we would see in the NCAAs. If I thought we had a serious shot at making some noise nationally, you'd hear it. Until then, there's no sense in working ourselves up only to come crashing down even harder.

Comment

i just wanted to say Happy Birthday.
          LETS GO BEARS!

"Never play flag football in the nude"-Bob Kevoian

"Don't let anyone tell you what we do builds character, it only reveals it." J.Marsh

SUNY Potsdam '98

St.Lawrence '00

Mike St. Louis is not a BUM!

Comment

Originally posted by Saints17 View Post
            i just wanted to say Happy Birthday.
            OK, I'll bite. Whose birthday is it?
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
              Ralph...for shame....its RPI's birthday...according to TW News...
              Last edited by Saints17; 11-05-2014, 11:21 AM.
              LETS GO BEARS!

"Never play flag football in the nude"-Bob Kevoian

"Don't let anyone tell you what we do builds character, it only reveals it." J.Marsh

SUNY Potsdam '98

St.Lawrence '00

Mike St. Louis is not a BUM!

Comment

Can't say that I knew that.
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                  The Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute community will gather November 5, to commemorate the founding of the Institute.

November 5 is the 190th anniversary of a letter written by Institute founder Stephen Van Rensselaer announcing the formation of a new school and declaring his intent to educate students “in the application of science to the common purposes of life.” With that letter, the school that would come to be known as Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute was born.
                  http://news.rpi.edu/content/2014/10/...video-premiere
                  "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

You have some explaining to do on the second one, because I don't see how or when a college team would EVER play an NHL team. Not to mention, a national championship is the highest you can go. Where would the disappointment be in that?
                    You're kidding me, right? Or are you actually responding earnestly to an obvious joke?

There's a big difference between being blinded by short-term success and realizing the big picture.
                    And there's a big difference between being "blinded by short-term success" and allowing oneself some pleasure in this weekend's undeniably big wins.

Until then, there's no sense in working ourselves up only to come crashing down even harder.
                    Honestly, it's like you WANT to be miserable. Fine. Knock yourself out.
                    Tyler

"I just want to see one conference semifinal appearance before I die" is probably the most pathetic thought I've ever had. Go 'Tute.

Comment

Originally posted by RPIPuzzleGuy View Post
                      If there actually is a person on earth who thinks the Sabres can beat anyone easily, it probably is FD.

Comment

First one's understandable. Last time we scored a goal in the NCAAs, I wasn't even born yet. And we were offsides as well.

There's a big difference between being blinded by short-term success and realizing the big picture. The big picture is that we have been effectively shut out four times, three of which were to potential opponents we would see in the NCAAs. If I thought we had a serious shot at making some noise nationally, you'd hear it. Until then, there's no sense in working ourselves up only to come crashing down even harder.
                        Was it Hadrian who was asked how Rome would be built? I want to say that the answer was "brick by brick". Maybe it was "two league wins over a team that OWNS (OWNED?) you. In any event, I say good going Red!

Comment

Quite a few candles...

Comment

Originally posted by uncledave View Post
                            Was it Hadrian who was asked how Rome would be built? I want to say that the answer was "brick by brick". Maybe it was "two league wins over a team that OWNS (OWNED?) you. In any event, I say good going Red!
                            Welcome, uncledave on your first post. From the Buddy Powers days, eh? Lots of 60/70/80's RPI fans on this thread.

Comment

A while back, JCrawford had mentioned something about the lack of being able to purchase hockey tickets online. Perhaps they have rectified this? https://tickets.athletics.rpi.edu/

Comment

Originally posted by uncledave View Post
                                A journey of a thousand miles may begin with a single step, but a journey of a thousand miles does not consist of one step. The point is: Let's not get ahead of ourselves. We have a VERY LONG way to go before we can even think about boasting anything.

Comment

Working...
                                X