This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    The Record http://www.troyrecord.com/sports/201...nais-hat-trick.
    Something missing here The year? They also got the score wrong in the picture caption, and the picture was clearly not from this game.

TU http://www.timesunion.com/sports/art...-1-5862701.php
    And they also spelled Bourbonnais' name wrong on the headline. Guess Riley wasn't the only one with a hat trick last night..

And we won't even mention all the spelling and grammatical errors in the story. Guess Ed was doing a little too much celebrating (maybe he was drinking with the good doctor).
    Last edited by RPI fan 4 life; 11-01-2014, 07:41 AM.

Comment

• Re: RPI Hockey 2014-2015: Dedicated to Rich Curadi

Originally posted by jericho View Post
      He's complains so much, my ignore list wishes that it had an ignore list.
      You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to jericho again.
      "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Originally posted by ServinisScores View Post
        This alumnus can't wait for an exciting weekend of passion and competitiveness from the boys. It's a reasonable outcome to expect from the last 3 games.
        let's do 2 in a row!!!
        Class of '93

16 years at Section 9, Row D, Seats 1-4

Comment

Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
          MGC
          Large North Korean-like ego, but at least now it's an honest one.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
            OK, so he threw a hard eight. Fine. All good and dandy. Still only one win. If we get pasted tonight, then that's exactly what it was, a lucky roll. We've seen how inconsistent this team can be. We don't yet know if it's a corner or a hump.
            Hockey is not Dungeons & Dragons. There's so many little things that go into a game that you can not blame it on luck. Especially not to the tune of 6-1.

Find me a coach who will attribute a win or loss to luck. You won't.

You talk like a person who has played a lot of videogames, but has never played a team sport above the peewee level.
            Season ticket holder since 2007. I BELIEVE IN SETH APPERT.

Comment

Originally posted by RPI fan 4 life View Post
              And they also spelled Bourbonnais' name wrong on the headline. Guess Riley wasn't the only one with a hat trick last night..

And we won't even mention all the spelling and grammatical errors in the story. Guess Ed was doing a little too much celebrating (maybe he was drinking with the good doctor).
              Nope, I cannot be his alibi. Yesterday deserved a little celebration just just one quick drink.(but of fairly good size) Now, if tonight is a repeat of last night, we might break out the Van Gogh Dutch Caramel
              Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by NBinks View Post
                Hockey is not Dungeons & Dragons. There's so many little things that go into a game that you can not blame it on luck. Especially not to the tune of 6-1.

You talk like a person who has played a lot of videogames, but has never played a team sport above the peewee level.
                NB-Agree with you almost entirely. But you have to include bad or one sided officiating in the list of little things that go into a game. Last night was not horrible, but some of the calls were not exactly great. Thankfully we had the game safely out of hand and they made virtually no difference. And speaking of the olittle things-we just have to do better on face offs(not in total numbers, but on the important ones in our own defensive zone).
                Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

• Originally posted by ibanezist00 View Post
                  Hey FD08 and hrbrendan, figured I'd let you know we've met your yearly goal! Woohoo! I guess we're good for the next 6 years!
                  More than happy to eat some crow on that one. I hope they make me look like an idiot again tonight.

Comment

Exactly. This was no flukey 2-1 OT win. Anyone who saw last night's game saw not so much luck as a team that played with passion, purpose, and confidence in all facets of the game. What I really liked is that last night this team did not make the chronic mistakes of recent years (blowing 2 or 3 goal lead late or not playing the full 60 mins). This team excised some demons last night and when you beat the defending national champs and #2 team in the nation in your own barn by five goals - even in October - you show you can skate with anyone in the country and win big games.

Anyone bringing a broom to Messa tonight???

Comment

Interesting that Hokyd*d is nowhere to be found after yesterday's game.
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Guess I was wrong offense doesn't take that long to turn on. Congrats Seth!

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                          Interesting that Hokyd*d is nowhere to be found after yesterday's game.
                          ....he usually spreads his manure in the UNH Thread after Vecchione scores.
                          Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
                            ....he usually spreads his manure in the UNH Thread after Vecchione scores.
                            Interesting that he posted a couple of minutes after my earlier post.
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                              NB-Agree with you almost entirely. But you have to include bad or one sided officiating in the list of little things that go into a game. Last night was not horrible, but some of the calls were not exactly great. Thankfully we had the game safely out of hand and they made virtually no difference. And speaking of the olittle things-we just have to do better on face offs(not in total numbers, but on the important ones in our own defensive zone).
                              The call on Riley in the third was a terrible call. Surprisingly it wasn't Feola.
                              "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

You don't give Fdude enough credit, he also enjoys Medieval Festivals.
                                "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Working...
                                X