This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tiggsy View Post
    That plus everyone is trying to decide if it is too early to start with the beaver jokes.
    An eager beaver?

OK, I'll start.

So a rabbi walks into a bar with a beaver on his head.

The bartender looks at him and says "hey, that's pretty cool. Where did you get that?"

And the beaver replies "Brooklyn. They're everywhere!"
    Last edited by Go4PuckFan2.0; 10-14-2014, 03:03 PM.

Comment

Re: Minnesota Gophers Season Thread: 2014-2015

What does a Bemidji State Beaver say when the flow is too strong? Dam it!

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7AQkui_fcA
        Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Was she drunk? One would think she would her finger on the pulse of that one.
          You hardly know a day goes by in a cardboard cutout sundown...

Comment

I'll jump in on last weekend. I made the trip to South Bend...and the arena is like a very cold Ridder. As the arena was so small, the sight line from the SRO area is great.

There are thoughts that the guys looked soft on Friday. I can tell you that that was not the case. The third period was not that the Gophers fell apart...it was that the Bulldogs found their legs. They are a very good team. That Toninato, Iafallo line is awesome and might have completed the comeback. Indeed, I figured they would dispatch ND on their home ice...and indeed they dominated and dispatched ND.

Again, I'd say the Gophers looked equivalent on both Friday and Sunday...RPI is not UMD.
            Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
              I'll jump in on last weekend. I made the trip to South Bend...and the arena is like a very cold Ridder. As the arena was so small, the sight line from the SRO area is great.

There are thoughts that the guys looked soft on Friday. I can tell you that that was not the case. The third period was not that the Gophers fell apart...it was that the Bulldogs found their legs. They are a very good team. That Toninato, Iafallo line is awesome and might have completed the comeback. Indeed, I figured they would dispatch ND on their home ice...and indeed they dominated and dispatched ND.

Again, I'd say the Gophers looked equivalent on both Friday and Sunday...RPI is not UMD.
              Hard to tell what was happening with less than great angles, poor editing and almost no replays. But what I remember from the Gophs last year when they were playing at their best (games like BC) was that they would have long extended periods of puck possession in the offensive end, where the other team was just frustrated trying to get out. And when they did, the relentless pursuit often turns things back around on a quick transition. Didn't see a lot of that in South Bend nor loads of scoring chances. Maybe I just remember them at absolute best last year, but I expect this team to have more games like that than last year.

Didn't think they looked sub-par, just not as effective as they should be capable with this year's roster. And I would rather see them build up their intensity through the year than come hot out of gates and not be on upswing at the end.

Comment

Originally posted by Koho View Post
                Hard to tell what was happening with less than great angles, poor editing and almost no replays. But what I remember from the Gophs last year when they were playing at their best (games like BC) was that they would have long extended periods of puck possession in the offensive end, where the other team was just frustrated trying to get out. And when they did, the relentless pursuit often turns things back around on a quick transition. Didn't see a lot of that in South Bend nor loads of scoring chances. Maybe I just remember them at absolute best last year, but I expect this team to have more games like that than last year.

Didn't think they looked sub-par, just not as effective as they should be capable with this year's roster. And I would rather see them build up their intensity through the year than come hot out of gates and not be on upswing at the end.
                Boy, I don't remember them having long periods of possession to start the year last year. Especially in the early part of the season (including against BC), they really were a transition team. At least that's how I recall it.

Comment

It's October, have a beer and a cigar and just enjoy watching. tDon will have them firing on all cylinders soon enough.

Comment

Originally posted by SanTropez View Post
                    It's October, have a beer and a cigar and just enjoy watching. tDon will have them firing on all cylinders soon enough.
                    Not a cigar fan. have to make it 2 beers. Not worried, either, just trying to get a little hockey talk going. Not like I'm insiting they have to move a D to F this year....

Comment

Originally posted by Stauber1 View Post
                      Boy, I don't remember them having long periods of possession to start the year last year. Especially in the early part of the season (including against BC), they really were a transition team. At least that's how I recall it.
                      I think this is more accurate. I felt they played well for where they're at...and the great players did make great plays. Lucia usually has these guys a bit sharper than other teams early in the year...but total spot on passing will take a bit more time. I think by the time we played BC we were pretty much on our way...I'm figuring the same will be the case this year. Again UMD is good.
                      Go Gophers!

Comment

Not a cigar fan. have to make it 2 beers. Not worried, either, just trying to get a little hockey talk going. Not like I'm insiting they have to move a D to F this year....
                        Not a fan of cigars? What are you smoking, Swishers?
                        "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Collins was pretty rocky this weekend even with Skjei working with him on ice. He called for quite a few pucks and mishandled them or missed passes. He'll take some time to get up to speed.
                          Go Gophers!

Comment

How did Johnson look in person? On the feed at least what I could see, he looked pretty calm for a freshmen. He may quietly turn into a solid D man.
                            Originally posted by CavalryNate
                            Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Driftryder View Post
                              How did Johnson look in person? On the feed at least what I could see, he looked pretty calm for a freshmen. He may quietly turn into a solid D man.
                              He was pretty decent. Glover was probably a hair better...but they were close and about what one would expect.

My expectations were highest for Reilly. And sure enough he was absolutely lights out fantastic. Next was for Kloos. Outside of a few blazing rushes, I didn't see as much from him. Rau has always had a nose for the net...but I actually feel that he has taken it up a notch and turned into both a serious playmaker as well as most determined when on the ice (not the flash of Reilly but very close in terms of level of play). And of course Fasching as MVP had a very good weekend.
                              Last edited by 5mn_Major; 10-17-2014, 10:53 AM.
                              Go Gophers!

Comment

Because line speculation is so much fun, here is last weeks lineup against RPI, where do we think Bristedt will fit in? What would be the lineup you would like to see happen?

C Reilly - Rau - Fasching
                                Warning - Kloos - Cammarata
                                Lettieri - Boyd - Ambroz
                                Michaelson - Isackson - Hoglund

Maybe Warning up with Rau and Fasching, then Bristedt with Kloos and Cammarata? C Reilly on the 3rd line. Seems to be quite a few options tDon could go with early in the season.
                                Originally posted by CavalryNate
                                Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X