Oct 4/5. Michigan Tech @ Lake Superior State

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oct 4/5. Michigan Tech @ Lake Superior State

One of the earliest season starts due to the new landscape.

Damon Whitten makes his debut as a head coach against his former team.

Mel Pearson fresh off his contract extension brings the best Michigan Tech team since 1975 into the 2014-15 season.

The series seems to have been splitsville the last few years. What can we expect to start the season.

Re: Oct 4/5. Michigan Tech @ Lake Superior State

I'd prefer to see good old school big brother beats up little brother beatdown.
    MTU Hockey fan since I was carried to a game in 1986 - for those counting... that's a lot of depressing hockey. Still love it.

Surrounded by Badger Red in Wisconsin. Such an ugly color, but the beer and cheese are delicious...

2014-15 WCHA (*Regular season portion) Pick-em Champion (**Forgeting a Week Methodology)

Comment

I'd like to see Damon do well this year, but not this weekend. A fast start out of the gate would be great . . . Go Huskies!

Comment

Originally posted by Huskiefan906 View Post

The series seems to have been splitsville the last few years. What can we expect to start the season.
        As usual in the opening series, a lot of penalties.

Comment

Best Tech team since '75? That's a lofty standard. Considering none of the players on this year's team has won more than 16 games in a single NCAA season, I think at least the '80-'81 team would like to have a word with you about that.

Originally posted by Laker Dude View Post
          As usual in the opening series, a lot of penalties.
          Gotta harp on those "Points of Emphasis" now, so that the refs can swallow their whistles after January 1st.

Comment

Sorry, there is no way to put text in a trapezoid on this forum as far as I know so just use your imagination...
            Ryan J

Mel Wars: Episode IV - A New Hope in Houghton...
            A week in the future in a peninsula far, far away...

It is a period of civil war in the UP. A small rebel University, striking from a hidden base in the Keewenaw peninsula has won several small victories against the evil Lower Peninsula Empires capturing a GLI title and several key wins against ranked opponents.

During the battles, Husky spies have managed to steal a secret plan to WCHA domination, one which will bring them home ice for the playoffs and require opponents to face them in a Northern climate similar to the ice planet of Hoth.

Pursued by the Empire's sinister agents throughout the NCAA season, Coach Pearson races to the top of the WCHA standings, custodian of a new contract extension and plans that can once again restore MTU hockey glory to the Houghton / Hancock metroplex and throughout the galaxy.

The Apprentice at Michigan has become the Master at Michigan Tech and now he faces his former Apprentice as he attempts to master his own program in the Soo...
            Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
            https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
            Originally posted by geezer
            Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
            Originally posted by manurespreader
            ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

I heard from a guy who knows a guy who heard that tMel has placed a secret double agent saboteur high within the ranks of Lake State's coaching staff just to make sure Tech starts with a sweep.
              Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
              USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

It sure is hard to talk smack when there are so many question marks going in to this season for the Lakers. So I will just say I hope we get to see two competitive games with no injuries.

I hope all the Tech fans have a nice time in the Soo besides the outcome of the games of course.
                BLEED BLUE

Comment

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post

Mel Wars: Episode IV - A New Hope in Houghton...
                  A week in the future in a peninsula far, far away...

It is a period of civil war in the UP. A small rebel University, striking from a hidden base in the Keewenaw peninsula has won several small victories against the evil Lower Peninsula Empires capturing a GLI title and several key wins against ranked opponents.

During the battles, Husky spies have managed to steal a secret plan to WCHA domination, one which will bring them home ice for the playoffs and require opponents to face them in a Northern climate similar to the ice planet of Hoth.

Pursued by the Empire's sinister agents throughout the NCAA season, Coach Pearson races to the top of the WCHA standings, custodian of a new contract extension and plans that can once again restore MTU hockey glory to the Houghton / Hancock metroplex and throughout the galaxy.

The Apprentice at Michigan has become the Master at Michigan Tech and now he faces his former Apprentice as he attempts to master his own program in the Soo...
                  The good news for Mel Wars and for you Husky fans is that this is Episode 4, so you've survived those first 3 crappy Episodes. But watch out in 2 years. Episode 6 will also be a stinker, and worse, it will feature Ewoks.

Comment

Working...
                  X