LSSU Lakers 2014-15

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LSSU Lakers 2014-15

Season starts next weekend and the prior thread title is about to become obsolete, so it's time for a new thread for a new season of Lakers hockey. Has anyone been to captain's practices yet to check out all the new players (plus the returnees of course)?

Re: LSSU Lakers 2014-15

WCHA Pre-season media poll should be out on Monday.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
      WCHA Pre-season media poll should be out on Monday.
      And I expect the Lakers to be picked to finish 9th.
      LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

Tuesday night at 6:15 LSSU Senior Asst. Captain Stephan Perfetto will be joining us on the Eagle 95.1 Coaches Show. You can tune or listen online at www.radioeaglesoo.com. I will also be podcasting it later.

Comment

Originally posted by PaulVanWagoner View Post
          Tuesday night at 6:15 LSSU Senior Asst. Captain Stephan Perfetto will be joining us on the Eagle 95.1 Coaches Show. You can tune or listen online at www.radioeaglesoo.com. I will also be podcasting it later.
          Thanks Paul.

Comment

Lakers are picked to finish 9th but the bad part being not much higher than Huntsville behind them compared to the Beavers who are picked at 8th. The other thing that still bothers me is how fast Pearson went after Shawhan at Northern with an offer that was to good to turn down.

Comment

Originally posted by sm2pk View Post
              Lakers are picked to finish 9th but the bad part being not much higher than Huntsville behind them compared to the Beavers who are picked at 8th. The other thing that still bothers me is how fast Pearson went after Shawhan at Northern with an offer that was to good to turn down.
              Too good to turn down relative to what he was(or wasn't) getting paid at NMU. I wouldn't read too much into it.
              Originally posted by dicaslover
              Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
              Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

Fast? The process was anything but fast. Whitten tendered his resignation at the end of April when he was announced as your new coach. Shawhan's hire was announced July 14th - that's 2.5 months.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                  Fast? The process was anything but fast. Whitten tendered his resignation at the end of April when he was announced as your new coach. Shawhan's hire was announced July 14th - that's 2.5 months.
                  We try not to let actual facts cloud the opinions in this thread....

Comment

Owen Headrick is having shoulder surgery this week to correct a problem he has had with his shoulder for some time.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                      Yea,it took two and a half months to hire a guy with an offer he couldn't refuse. My guess is all the other coaches he looked at were given offers they couldn't accept. Funny how Shawhan was given an offer he coudn't turn down and Pearson waited so long to give it to him. So Shawhan was either the only canidate or no one wants to coach at Tech. I have a brother that lives in Marquette and I told him watch Shawhan end up at Tech when it was announced Whitten was leaving Tech for the Soo.

Comment

The other thing that still bothers me is how fast Pearson went after Shawhan at Northern with an offer that was to good to turn down.
                        Funny how Shawhan was given an offer he coudn't turn down and Pearson waited so long to give it to him.
                        This has got to be "Midge."
                        Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                        USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Originally posted by geezer View Post
                          This has got to be "Midge."
                          Shawhan himself said the offer was to good to turn down. So Pearson searched for two and a half months and when no one wanted the job he just threw up his hands and made Shawhan such a great offer that he knew he would finally find a coach who wanted the job at Tech . I want Whitten to succeed and make the Lakers a contender once again but I also believed Whitten had the job as soon as I heard his name was mentioned .

Comment

So Pearson searched for two and a half months and when no one wanted the job he just threw up his hands and made Shawhan such a great offer that he knew he would finally find a coach who wanted the job at Tech .
                            So Shawhan was either the only canidate or no one wants to coach at Tech.
                            I cannot decide whether these remarks are becoming increasingly funny (ridiculous) or sad (delusional).

Comment

Sad
                              BLEED BLUE

Comment

Working...
                              X