Clear All

• Re: LSSU Lakers 2014-15

F b s
    BLEED BLUE

Comment

Originally posted by PerkyforPrez View Post
      F b s
      My thoughts exactly, especially regarding the power-play. This weekend really stings. The Lakers also made many bad puck decisions near the net, especially at the end of the game. Defiel and Correale were are only bright spots this weekend.
      LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

Looks like the Roquettes are at it on Twitter....

Comment

Wasn't a good weekend . When you look at the team stats of the Lakers compared to all the other teams,fits into why they have lost 23 games so far.

Comment

At least the fans have had some enjoyable moments this season. Winning the Christmas tournament scoring only one goal. None of us will ever see a team win two games in a turnament with one goal ever again. Scoring on Bemidji with less than a second to go and than sweeping the next night was a lot of fun. Even beating Bowling Green ranked 7th at the time on their home ice was also another fun game for Laker fans. Now with beer being sold at games, every game can be fun.

Comment

Originally posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post
              Looks like the Roquettes are at it on Twitter....
              Are you referring to the @LakeStateHockey Twitter account? I'm blocked from following that account because I chose to offer an opposing opinion (via Tweets) to some of the propaganda posted there. @LakeStateHockey doesn't seem too interested in free speech unless it's in agreement with his/her views. What are they saying now?

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
                Are you referring to the @LakeStateHockey Twitter account? I'm blocked from following that account because I chose to offer an opposing opinion (via Tweets) to some of the propaganda posted there. @LakeStateHockey doesn't seem too interested in free speech unless it's in agreement with his/her views. What are they saying now?
                Saying Whitten is a horrible coach. One person said that sitting Globke is bad coaching by Damon and another said that Damon is using excuses.

Comment

Saying Whitten is a horrible coach. One person said that sitting Globke is bad coaching by Damon and another said that Damon is using excuses.
                  Sitting Globke is far short on how many probably do need to be benched .

Comment

About what you'd expect from the Roquettes.

From what I heard, we had 3 potential recruits in for visits over the weekend. All young guys, 2-3 years away from playing for the Lakers even if any of them do commit to us.
                    Last edited by Bill; 02-15-2015, 06:25 PM.

Comment

About what you'd expect from the Roquettes.

From what I heard, we had 3 potential recruits in for visits over the weekend. All young guys, 2-3 years away from playing for the Lakers even if any of them do commit to us.
                      It will definitely take some time before we know what kind of coach Whitton is. It took Pearson 4 years at Michigan Tech. I think it has also taken Bergeron 4 years at Bowling Green. I don't know that we could really expect LSSU to turn it around any quicker than that.

Comment

That person was very surprised that LSSU would get Twitter after them. They asked me for advice. I said, "Change your name to something with 'fan' in it." So they because "LakerHockeyFanNation" but stayed @LakeStateHockey. Well then.

GFM <— bets that's someone who at least reads here and, well, ... yeah.
                        Geof F. Morris
                        UAH BSE MAE 2002
                        UAHHockey.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Laker Dude View Post
                          It will definitely take some time before we know what kind of coach Whitton is. It took Pearson 4 years at Michigan Tech. I think it has also taken Bergeron 4 years at Bowling Green. I don't know that we could really expect LSSU to turn it around any quicker than that.
                          I agree that it's going to take time. We'll start to see what kind of forwards Damon can recruit next season. And two seasons from now, we'll have quite a few of our forwards who will have been recruited by Damon and crew, although they'll still only be freshmen and sophomores.

I thought Patterson skated very well Saturday night in his first game played in quite a while. If he can put on a little weight and get a little stronger, I like his potential.
                          Last edited by Bill; 02-15-2015, 08:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Laker Dude View Post

It will take time and I do believe that Whitten and crew will get the job done. I admit that from time to time I have to remind myself of that.
                            BLEED BLUE

Comment

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
                              That person was very surprised that LSSU would get Twitter after them. They asked me for advice. I said, "Change your name to something with 'fan' in it." So they because "LakerHockeyFanNation" but stayed @LakeStateHockey. Well then.

GFM <— bets that's someone who at least reads here and, well, ... yeah.

I am new to twitter and I didn't figure out that it wasn't an official LSSU account for a day or two so I could see why LSSU took some sort of action.
                              BLEED BLUE

Comment

Originally posted by PerkyforPrez View Post
                                I am new to twitter and I didn't figure out that it wasn't an official LSSU account for a day or two so I could see why LSSU took some sort of action.
                                Yeah, it had me fooled, too. I realized that it wasn't anything close to official the night that Roque got fired.

Michael and I used to run @uahhockey. After we got into a Twitter "war" with folks in Bemidji — all of us were laughing about it — the University asked us for the keys to the account. Shoot, our players didn't realize that it wasn't the University's account. It's painless to change usernames, and they gave me a temporary login for theirs to do it. That LSSU doesn't realize that they can push for the username change worries me a bit.

GFM
                                Geof F. Morris
                                UAH BSE MAE 2002
                                UAHHockey.com

Comment

Working...
                                X