Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNH Wildcats 2014/2015 - Wait 'Til Next Year!!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by e.cat View Post
    I'll be at this one and go to the hockey Saturday in Portland.
    Bummer, as I will miss both games. Assuming that weather is ok for departure from Logan, I leave at 4:05 pm Friday for arrival 76 hours later at McMurdo Station (Antarctica), via LAX, Sydney, and Christchurch (lots of layovers, but still 30 hours of flight time). I should be able get this weekend's results before five weeks of Internet fast. Bentley students got international attention this fall when they went on a semi-Internet weekend fast from social media for an IT course (they still used their computers for homework, etc.). Some of them, and their families, were really stressed after 48 hours. Insert the wide-eyed, open-mouth smiley here.

Comment

• Re: UNH Wildcats 2014/2015 - Wait 'Til Next Year!!!

Originally posted by snively View Post
      Game is Friday at 8pm (sorry). On the bright side, it's going to be televised nationally.

Weather is supposed to be reasonably good (flurries) but cold, especially since it's a night game. Upper 20s maybe? I like the fact that Chattanooga won't be all that used to weather like that.
      Long range forecast is for low 30's and 60% chance of rain. I'll be there like a I am for most every game.

I don't mind watching a well coached team in the freezing rain .... or even watching a well coached Lowell team with 14 freshmen ....

Comment

Can you bring a UNH flag with you to fly at the bottom of the world Snively65? That would be a very cool pic!!
        Last edited by skyraider0609; 12-07-2014, 11:42 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by skyraider0609 View Post
          Can you bring a UNH flag with you to fly at the bottom of the world Snively65? That would be a very cool pic!!
          Here's to ya Snively65 am having lunch at the Deluxe Town Diner in Watertown...
          I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

• [QUOTE=sonar;6056443]Long range forecast is for low 30's and 60% chance of rain. I'll be there like a I am for most every game.

I don't mind watching a well coached team in the freezing rain .... or even watching a well coached Lowell team with 14 freshmen ....[/QUOTE

Sigh....

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
              Bummer, as I will miss both games. Assuming that weather is ok for departure from Logan, I leave at 4:05 pm Friday for arrival 76 hours later at McMurdo Station (Antarctica), via LAX, Sydney, and Christchurch (lots of layovers, but still 30 hours of flight time). I should be able get this weekend's results before five weeks of Internet fast. Bentley students got international attention this fall when they went on a semi-Internet weekend fast from social media for an IT course (they still used their computers for homework, etc.). Some of them, and their families, were really stressed after 48 hours. Insert the wide-eyed, open-mouth smiley here.
              Long flight time for sure but at least you'll be sitting under a palm tree with a Pina Collada at the end of the trip. Oh wait you'll be at the ice bar having a hot tottie!

Seriously, hope it's successful trip for you and the research team (I assume that's what you are doing.) We will miss you on the board but will try to keep it pithy in your absence.
              UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

Long flight time for sure but at least you'll be sitting under a palm tree with a Pina Collada at the end of the trip. Oh wait you'll be at the ice bar having a hot tottie!

Seriously, hope it's successful trip for you and the research team (I assume that's what you are doing.) We will miss you on the board but will try to keep it pithy in your absence.
                Funny that you mention palm trees, ecat, as on my only other trip to the Big Sheet in 1976, we had refueling stops for our C141 Starlifter in Hawaii and Samoa (Pago Pago). :-)

Thanks for the reminder to bring my UNH hockey cap, Skyraider; will get a quick photo before my ears freeze off. :-)

Ha, ha, ha. Ref; you are just around the corner from the JAR. :-) (pseudo smileys)

Comment

Safe travels 65...that is a long journey to McMurdo. I don't know if going commercial, atleast to Auckland, beats the old Starlifter or not. Maybe more room on the 141 to move around? Anyway, if you haven't read it, see if you can grab a copy of "Endurance" by Alfred Lansing before you go. It's an appropriate book considering your destination. It's an incredible account of survival will help eat up some of those hours in transit.

Weather forecast for Friday night is temps in the low 30s and rain/snow showers. Gotta think UNH won't even be aware of the weather at kick off. The Mocs might be coming out with the long sleeve Under Armor and putting on the warming capes on the sideline.

Comment

Tell me hockey peeps about the rationale of not running your best guys on the "top line"....sure they come right in (am speaking of Willows, Fogele and Porturalski) but just a question / discussion point. Eventually we had Sorkin, Goumas, Willows (getting nostalgic here, sigh) and that was pretty much that. Seemed to take just about this amount of time too in establishing that as I recall. Not trying to break up the football reverie but am just curious; have we yet to establish a "top line"? Love the others believe me but to me, they ain't it. Kelleher could easily play up there as well. Does it make that much difference WHEN a line comes in as long as they play well together and are effective? Of course you'd have to ask the coach and there's prob a ton of reasons why / how a line is put together and when they go out, but, is it always your best on the first line? Surely Jack Eichel doesn't play 2nd line..and neither "should" Matty Willows. Some musings on an otherwise hockeyless Monday.

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
                      That's the spirit e.cat! I would be going to that one as well but it's my hubby's Christmas party and I have no choice. Thank God for Twitter feeds. And right now he may go to the fball game so hey it's his loss haha. Seriously I am thrilled for the football team and those who follow them..wish them the best! And one other thing to set the record straight it's not always a UNH hockey love fest; I'm not blind to the teams shortcomings and you'd be surprised at what comes out during games lol. Still I do my best to be a positive fan. Onward 'Cats!

So he is going to the football game and not the xmass party? And you are going where? Go to the football game and then go to Portland Saturday

Comment

[QUOTE=HockeyRef;6056464]
                        Originally posted by sonar View Post
                        Long range forecast is for low 30's and 60% chance of rain. I'll be there like a I am for most every game.

I don't mind watching a well coached team in the freezing rain .... or even watching a well coached Lowell team with 14 freshmen ....[/QUOTE

Sigh....
                        Snow I don't mind but the rain, meh! The football team certainly is well coached. McDonnell has done a fabulous job. Bazin also.

Comment

Originally posted by e.cat View Post
                          So he is going to the football game and not the xmass party? And you are going where? Go to the football game and then go to Portland Saturday
                          Nope, he decided to go to the hockey game with me Friday, and if the 'Cats progress to the next round, he'll go then. We have his company Christmas gig Saturday, so...no Portland for me wahhhh!! Would've gone to both hockey games as I love Portland. Oh well can't have everything. I'll be watching my twitter feed..

Comment

Nope, he decided to go to the hockey game with me Friday, and if the 'Cats progress to the next round, he'll go then. We have his company Christmas gig Saturday, so...no Portland for me wahhhh!! Would've gone to both hockey games as I love Portland. Oh well can't have everything. I'll be watching my twitter feed..
                            K. Sounds like he figured out whats good for him

Comment

K. Sounds like he figured out whats good for him
                              Trust me gave him the option being the football fan he is! Of course there's little question about my priorities ☺️ Checked our Verizon tix and they are almost center ice so we are happy. Is anyone from this board going Friday to the game? (Hockey that is)

Comment

Tell me hockey peeps about the rationale of not running your best guys on the "top line"....sure they come right in (am speaking of Willows, Fogele and Porturalski) but just a question / discussion point. Eventually we had Sorkin, Goumas, Willows (getting nostalgic here, sigh) and that was pretty much that. Seemed to take just about this amount of time too in establishing that as I recall. Not trying to break up the football reverie but am just curious; have we yet to establish a "top line"? Love the others believe me but to me, they ain't it. Kelleher could easily play up there as well. Does it make that much difference WHEN a line comes in as long as they play well together and are effective? Of course you'd have to ask the coach and there's prob a ton of reasons why / how a line is put together and when they go out, but, is it always your best on the first line? Surely Jack Eichel doesn't play 2nd line..and neither "should" Matty Willows. Some musings on an otherwise hockeyless Monday.
                                Friday's line up sheet listed Foegele-Poturalski-Willows as the top line, but Thrush-Smith-Camper were on ice for the opening face off. Perhaps they had a great week of practice and Coach decided last minute to reward them for their hard work or maybe he decided Thrush-Smith-Camper was a better defensive match up against BCs top line? With BC's top line not comparing their prior years' top lines, I'm not sure. It might be that we are searching for something, anything to get us going.
                                I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

Working...
                                X