Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNH Wildcats 2014/2015 - Wait 'Til Next Year!!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UNH Wildcats 2014/2015 - Wait 'Til Next Year!!!

Reverting to my habitual Debbie Downer mode... sure looked on TV that there were a hell of a lot of empty seats at the Whitt last night. Haven't been there in many years -- is this normal? Perhaps you guys are used to it, but to me it was almost embarrassing, especially for a game against an opponent as significant as BC.

Halfway through the third period of a one goal game, and some sections looked only about two thirds full. Is that because there are a higher percentage of non-student ticket holders nowadays?

Cats played well. Games are NEVER broadcast down here, so I was pleased to see that. Several heady plays.

Comment

Originally posted by Felger View Post
      No jail time for DeSmith...(at least not yet)
      http://www.fosters.com/apps/pbcs.dll...S_01/141209531
      So much for "the other side of the story". Turn the page, close the book, and we move on.
      Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
      Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
        Thanks! Am investigating all of this while we speak. I have been over there for umpire meetings (even walked on the BC field, shades of Doug Flutie dancing in my head haha) but never for hockey. Their student section really rocks from what I've seen on tv with their goalie taunts brutal so I'm expecting a fun time to say the least.
        Go to the Commonwealth Ave (Rt. 30) entrance and follow the traffic to the Comm Ave. garage. Free parking and a stone's throw to Conte.

DO NOT go to the Beacon St. garage (at the end of Alumni Stadium/Shea Field - football). You will be turned away by police as it is open to Flynn Fund donors only. If you want to shell out a thousand bucks, they might let you in.
        'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

• Originally posted by snively View Post
          Reverting to my habitual Debbie Downer mode... sure looked on TV that there were a hell of a lot of empty seats at the Whitt last night. Haven't been there in many years -- is this normal? Perhaps you guys are used to it, but to me it was almost embarrassing, especially for a game against an opponent as significant as BC.

Halfway through the third period of a one goal game, and some sections looked only about two thirds full. Is that because there are a higher percentage of non-student ticket holders nowadays?

Cats played well. Games are NEVER broadcast down here, so I was pleased to see that. Several heady plays.
          Actually it seemed to me that yea there were empty seats (BC game was sold out last year ; the Johnny Hockey affect maybe?). But for once the crowd that was there had more enthusiasm than I've seen to date. Not sure what the actual v reported attendance was; 5500 ish? Will be interesting to see how many attend the Verizon game Friday v Maine...
          Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

• Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
            Go to the Commonwealth Ave (Rt. 30) entrance and follow the traffic to the Comm Ave. garage. Free parking and a stone's throw to Conte.

DO NOT go to the Beacon St. garage (at the end of Alumni Stadium/Shea Field - football). You will be turned away by police as it is open to Flynn Fund donors only. If you want to shell out a thousand bucks, they might let you in.
            Thanks for the info!! And while BC sports are very impressive I do not plan on supporting them anymore than I have to ��...ps I could watch this snipe by Tyler K all day. Of course, the BC goals were very nice too.

http://www.bcinterruption.com/boston...shire-wildcats

Someday I will learn how to put URL's on this board the correct way. Someday.
            Last edited by HockeyRef; 12-06-2014, 11:43 AM.
            Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

While I'm disappointed the UNH football game isn't being broadcast locally, I must say that ESPN3 on the WatchESPN app, and on the big screen through Chromecast is working pretty well so far.
              113-162-27 .419

252-113-40 .672

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
                So much for "the other side of the story". Turn the page, close the book, and we move on.
                The story is as reported. Hopefully both parties can heal and move on.

Comment

Whine alert!
                  I am a season ticket holder who pays for premium seats at the Whit. Why is it that every year my Verizon seats are in the corner?
                  Ok, I'm done whining now.

Comment

Originally posted by e.cat View Post
                    I'm worried about the weather Saturday somewhat. It is supposed to rain all day based on the National Weather Service forecast. UNH has a high powered balanced offense but from what I can see so does Fordham. So a wet ball and field will hurt them both. I think the team that holds onto the ball, keeps turnovers to a minimum and can run the ball will win the day. In other words, the team that commits the fewest mistakes wins.
                    OK Nostradamus. Hopefully our sacks will outnumber our fumbles, which have already cost us 17 (and arguably 21) points.

Update: fumbled on their 2 yard line and they follow the play by scoring 98 yard running TD
                    Then fumble on their 1 yard line, but recover and score.

UNH still managing to overcome ourselves and lead 37-19 early in the 4th. Not over yet, as Fordham block a punt and is in the UNH Red Zone.

As I've said many times, our kicking game absolutely sucks. How is it possible to miss THREE extra points in less than two complete games? Not to sound cocky (a cocky kicker is an oxymoron) but I played at what was effectively the JV level and never missed one. Good snap, good hold, not blocked.. not hard. Harvard once let their ball boy do it.

Late score and it ends up as a 40-19 rout even though it was a 5 point game in the third quarter. Nice! Golf clap for the successful final extra point
                    Last edited by snively; 12-06-2014, 03:22 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by GoUNH View Post
                      Whine alert!
                      I am a season ticket holder who pays for premium seats at the Whit. Why is it that every year my Verizon seats are in the corner?
                      Ok, I'm done whining now.
                      Harrumph! Just got mine and haven't checked. Sigh! Anyway go Wildcat Football!!
                      Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Originally posted by snively View Post
                        OK Nostradamus. Hopefully our sacks will outnumber our fumbles, which have already cost us 17 (and arguably 21) points.

Update: fumbled on their 2 yard line and they follow the play by scoring 98 yard running TD
                        Next update: UNH fumbles for the FOURTH time and... Lead now just 5.

Comment

Originally posted by snively View Post

UNH still managing to overcome ourselves and lead 37-19 early in the 4th. Not over yet, as Fordham block a punt and is in the UNH Red Zone.

As I've said many times, our kicking game absolutely sucks. How is it possible to miss THREE extra points in less than two complete games? Not to sound cocky (a cocky kicker is an oxymoron) but I played at what was effectively the JV level and never missed one. Good snap, good hold, not blocked.. not hard. Harvard once let their ball boy do it.
                          Okay! I think we've got this one now with the score 44-19 despite the turnovers. Way to go Cats!
                          UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

• Originally posted by e.cat View Post
                            Okay! I think we've got this one now with the score 44-19 despite the turnovers. Way to go Cats!
                            Congrats you Wildcat Football fans!!! Good luck the rest the way!
                            Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

BS35+2 should have had them playing under da lights?

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
                                Congrats you Wildcat Football fans!!! Good luck the rest the way!
                                Thanks. They could be playing under the lights Friday which would suck for people who want to go to the hockey in Manchester. We'll see.

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                                BS35+2 should have had them playing under da lights?
                                It was lights out at the Dungeon today. Seriously, they probably had the lights on all day. I just couldn't bring myself to stand out there in the cold and rain today so hopefully better weather next game so I can go.
                                UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

Working...
                                X