Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNH Wildcats 2014/2015 - Wait 'Til Next Year!!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UNH Wildcats 2014/2015 - Wait 'Til Next Year!!!

I thought UNH deserved a better result last night. They played a tight game including the "D" and Clarkie played very good and the effort was certainly evident.

UNH outshot (and outchanced) BC 39-28 and significantly outshot BC in the 2nd period (15-9) and outscored them 2-0 in that frame. The other two periods were pretty even with SOGs and UNH outshot BC 5-3 in the OT. The two most meaningful shots other than the two SOGs that went in, were the two crossbars hit by Kelleher and Poturalski. Of course they do not even count as SOGs!
    Last edited by e.cat; 12-06-2014, 06:22 AM.
    UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

Originally posted by snively View Post
      And how was the morning?
      I think I broke into Miss New Hampshire's dorm across the street from the Down Under (seriously!), knocked on her door, got rebuffed, went home quietly and went to bed and didn't awake until probably 2 in the afternoon! Then did it all again the next night

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
        miss more than gaudreau
        I was gonna say........

Comment

Originally posted by e.cat View Post
          UNH outshot (and outchanced) BC 39-28 and significantly outshot BC in the 2nd period (15-9) and outscored them 2-0 in that frame. The other two periods were pretty even with SOGs and UNH outshot BC 5-3 in the OT. The two most meaningful shots other than the two SOGs that went in, were the two crossbars hit by Kelleher and Willows. Of course they do not even count as SOGs!
          then you would have won the SOG's 41-28 making y'all even happier as I know how much the SOG tally means to you 'cat fans

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
            then you would have won the SOG's 41-28 making y'all even happier as I know how much the SOG tally means to you 'cat fans
            At this point we'll take any victories we can get

Comment

Originally posted by e.cat View Post
              I thought UNH deserved a better result last night. They played a tight game including the "D" and Clarkie played very good and the effort was certainly evident.

UNH outshot (and outchanced) BC 39-28 and significantly outshot BC in the 2nd period (15-9) and outscored them 2-0 in that frame. The other two periods were pretty even with SOGs and UNH outshot BC 5-3 in the OT. The two most meaningful shots other than the two SOGs that went in, were the two crossbars hit by Kelleher and Poturalski. Of course they do not even count as SOGs!
              You know initially I / we were thinking "cool..at least they didn't lose" and at this point in the season you DO take what you get but totally hear ya e.cat...it was so obvious they came to play, and it was great to see our D especially looking much more cohesive (hope that continues) and organized. Hubby totally approved so... Don't cha love Kelleher? Not sure if that line will be able to equal the Sorkin, Goumas, Willows this year but man do they have potential. You could see Willows leading the team in a much more positive way last night, hats off to him too. The hitting was very strong as well (from both sides). If we can continue to build on last night that will be a step in the right direction for sure, SOG wins, or not Wonder if our Yzerman (did I get that right?) will play tonight..Chanter was out there for the first time in awhile.. Should be interesting tonight...first time to the Conte! Onward 'Cats!
              I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

In the past there has been free parking in the five-level garage next to Conte, Ref.

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                  In the past there has been free parking in the five-level garage next to Conte, Ref.
                  Thanks! Am investigating all of this while we speak. I have been over there for umpire meetings (even walked on the BC field, shades of Doug Flutie dancing in my head haha) but never for hockey. Their student section really rocks from what I've seen on tv with their goalie taunts brutal so I'm expecting a fun time to say the least.

Comment

i'd be happy with the tie considering the legit goal BC had taken away

Comment

That's hockey, eh? Happens to the best of us and it always sucks. Of course being the UNH homer that I am and also with the fact we sit right at that goal line, how on earth was Clark going to save that with that BC player in the crease behind him? Haven't see the replay and maybe I'm delirious but that's how it looked to us. Just curious.

Comment

ha oh i saw the replay many times. clark had zero percent chance to make that save. guy behind him should have been irrelevant. was a sure fire goal either way. with benefit of replay, astounding they came to that conclusion. although this is hockey east.

certainly not taking away from any progress unh made last night but very easily could have lost too.

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                          Just call me Nostradamus65.

Comment

Indeed. The game was on TV down here -- absolutely unprecedented -- and they showed the play on slow-mo replay at least four times. Ken Hodge was stunned that it was disallowed. "There's no question that...". To be honest, so was I.

Comment

ha oh i saw the replay many times. clark had zero percent chance to make that save. guy behind him should have been irrelevant. was a sure fire goal either way. with benefit of replay, astounding they came to that conclusion. although this is hockey east.

certainly not taking away from any progress unh made last night but very easily could have lost too.
                              Ok, I suppose.. And one (I had you here but..) could say...that BC could've easily lost too. Guess we're even...haha. Oh, and not to continue on this way as it becomes a you know what kind of contest and while I DO appreciate your kind words towards our progress... We weren't thrilled with the no call on the one on one with Fogele at the end of regulation (or was it in OT, whatever) Who knows if he would've scored but it sure looked like interference to us but most likely seen as incidental to the official. Have to say they let em play last night, only 2 penalties per team. Being an umpire myself (I cannot tell a lie, it's not ice hockey!!) I know it's a thankless job and 50 % of the people aren't gonna be happy See you on the ice tonight. Excited to visit your place!
                              Last edited by HockeyRef; 12-06-2014, 09:35 AM.

Comment

without looking it up i'd say the lack of penalties when these teams meet is always enjoyable

Comment

Working...
                                X