Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNH Wildcats 2014/2015 - Wait 'Til Next Year!!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UNH Wildcats 2014/2015 - Wait 'Til Next Year!!!

Originally posted by GoUNH View Post
    I didn't know that... good point. Eh, fix the leak and screw a piece of plywood over it. Good enough!
    Sure! Why not? And since we aren't playing a certain team where that seems to happen ALOT we won't have to worry about getting the net knocked off...just sayin'

ps just read this on twitter from Hockey East:

Hockey East ‏@hockey_east · 10m10 minutes ago
    Tonight's game between @UNHHockey and @FriarsHockey will be played at 5pm at UNH as scheduled #HockeyEast
    Last edited by HockeyRef; 11-22-2014, 09:58 AM.
    I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
      I know, right? And it's not the only 5:00 start we have this season, the Feb. 28 game v Merrimack is as well.
      Boston University at Connecticut 3:35 ET
      I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

Originally posted by Darius View Post
        Boston University at Connecticut 3:35 ET
        Being the self appointed cheerleader that I am, it wouldn't/doesn't matter when the 'Cats play! Just bring it.

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
          Being the self appointed cheerleader that I am, it wouldn't/doesn't matter when the 'Cats play! Just bring it.
          I'm with you. I actually like the 5:00 start. A nice relaxed post game meal vs. a too early rushed pre game meal.

Comment

• Originally posted by Darius View Post
            Stuff happens, even to the best funded athletic departments.

Michigan’s Yost Arena to undergo improvements to ice systems:
            Read more: http://www.uscho.com/2014/11/21/mich...#ixzz3Jo21dzs3

Structural Damage at Yost Forces Postponement of Friday’s Miami-Michigan Game (old):
            Read more: http://www.uscho.com/2009/01/09/stru...#ixzz3Jo28vndI
            But, Yost was built back in the Dark Ages; amazing that they can keep ice on it at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Darius View Post
              How're things going on Comm Ave for your boys? Looks like they were skating in fast setting high early strength concrete around 9:00 PM last night.
              Good one!!!!

LOL!!!
              UNH Hockey: From "Why Not Us' to "Woe is Us"

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                But, Yost was built back in the Dark Ages; amazing that they can keep ice on it at all.
                I am visiting tonight. Ice quality report to follow.

Comment

Originally posted by GoUNH View Post
                  I skated at Jackson's Landing a couple of years ago, I believe it's still open. A UNH game there would be great!
                  It would be fabulous for the 50 or so spectators you could fit in around the perimeter glass.
                  Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                  Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
                    It would be fabulous for the 50 or so spectators you could fit in around the perimeter glass.
                    It would be the 50 most hardcore fans of hockey who would be willing to brave the cold. However it would never happen.

Comment

I recall years ago wondering which would occur first; my son's youth hockey game at Jackson's Landing would end or I'd lose toes due to frostbite. It was almost a dead heat... That game clock couldn't unwind fast enough.

Comment

UNH v PC make up scheduled for Jan 13 2015

Comment

Repair of ice-making system resulted in ice patch extending into the crease. Other than darker blue paint in area, patch isn't noticeable.
                          The UNH Men's Hockey Blog

Comment

Originally posted by skyraider0609 View Post
                            I recall years ago wondering which would occur first; my son's youth hockey game at Jackson's Landing would end or I'd lose toes due to frostbite. It was almost a dead heat... That game clock couldn't unwind fast enough.
                            Years ago, sometime in the '90's (I'm sure the approximate date is easily trackable for anyone so inclined), we took our eldest daughter skating one evening at Jackson's Landing. Frigid would be an understatement. We never went back ... but that had more to do with the fact the roof over the rink collapsed literally a day or two after our evening of public skating.

We were spooked enough by our close brush with fate that we found other places to skate. This was probably a couple of years after The Whitt was built, as I believe the old boards from Snively were transported over to Jackson's Landing. Probably circa 1997 or 1998.

Absolutely true story, and FWIW the place was the coldest place I've ever skated in my life. Standing around for a couple of hours watching, no thanks brrrrrrrrrrr ...
                            Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                            Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
                              Years ago, sometime in the '90's (I'm sure the approximate date is easily trackable for anyone so inclined), we took our eldest daughter skating one evening at Jackson's Landing. Frigid would be an understatement. We never went back ... but that had more to do with the fact the roof over the rink collapsed literally a day or two after our evening of public skating.

We were spooked enough by our close brush with fate that we found other places to skate. This was probably a couple of years after The Whitt was built, as I believe the old boards from Snively were transported over to Jackson's Landing. Probably circa 1997 or 1998.

Absolutely true story, and FWIW the place was the coldest place I've ever skated in my life. Standing around for a couple of hours watching, no thanks brrrrrrrrrrr ...
                              Ha, ha, ha, just like Batchelder Rink in 1950s and early 1960s, except no roof. But, every few minutes, Whoop Snively would blow his whistle for everyone to reverse direction during public skating on weekend afternoons. And, of course, just about every day some kid would get his or her tongue stuck on the freezing fence above the boards, which would require hot water to release.

Comment

Congratulations to Coach Sean McDonnell and the number one ranked UNH football team. CAA champions in 2014! UNH keeps possession of the Bryce Cowell musket for yet another year after a sloppy, but still effective win in Orono this afternoon. UNH will have a bye week when the FCS playoffs begin next weekend. Hopefully UNH gets to host several playoff games this year at Cowell. This team has had a great season and hopefully it continues right to Frisco! Congrats Cats!!

Comment

Working...
                                X