Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNH Wildcats 2014/2015 - Wait 'Til Next Year!!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UNH Wildcats 2014/2015 - Wait 'Til Next Year!!!

Originally posted by Darius View Post
    Clark (.876%) may not be the answer.
    Another dangerously isolated stat-driven conclusion. He is a frosh having been thrown in at the deep end, and with an inexperienced crew of defensemen playing in front of him, featuring at least 2 (if not 3) frosh per night, a pair of sophs who are getting more ice time with less experienced partners than surrounded them last season, and one junior who has spent his first two seasons as a spare part. The one experienced, formidable junior is being asked to be the leader of the group for the first time in his D-1 career.

Those are an awful lot of kids who are still nearer to the starts of their respective learning curves in their current roles.

Clark was being viewed in successful terms before last Saturday's pasting by UML. Two bad outings, in which poor play by inexperienced teammates was a key factor, should not come to define what Clark is capable of. I seriously doubt the assailant would have UNH in any better position right now, had he decided to stay semi-sober over Labor Day weekend.

It's going to take patience - sometimes, a LOT of patience. Right now is one of those times.
    Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
    Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
      Face off in the offensive zone on Michigan icing with about 70 seconds remaining allowed Umile to pull Clark for the extra attacker, so there was hope right up to the bitter end. Glad that I did not leave early to beat the traffic, as some fans did. Speaking of which, a lot of empty seats tonight.

No smiley faces in this post.
      This is a never ending frustration for my friends and I. It's at the point that we just openly mock the people leaving which is fun since we're on the aisle. We sit in 103, the first people I saw leave was with 8:30 to play down 2. The worst was in the last 2 minutes and possession in front of us, 4 guys stood up and left blocking our view for a solid 20 seconds. Instead of mocking I just swore at them because it was a tense moment and sometimes I like to pretend I'm 13 again.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
        I thought you played Michigan STATE last night, not Michigan.
        Having spent some time living in Michigan in between stints in NH I can say that both of those schools are incredibly easy to hate, and outside of their fans no one cares to distinguish between them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
          I thought you played Michigan STATE last night, not Michigan.
          Oh, right you are. I get those two teams confused, all the time. I think that we played the other Michigan team earlier this season?

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
            Another dangerously isolated stat-driven conclusion. He is a frosh having been thrown in at the deep end, and with an inexperienced crew of defensemen playing in front of him, featuring at least 2 (if not 3) frosh per night, a pair of sophs who are getting more ice time with less experienced partners than surrounded them last season, and one junior who has spent his first two seasons as a spare part. The one experienced, formidable junior is being asked to be the leader of the group for the first time in his D-1 career.

Those are an awful lot of kids who are still nearer to the starts of their respective learning curves in their current roles.

Clark was being viewed in successful terms before last Saturday's pasting by UML. Two bad outings, in which poor play by inexperienced teammates was a key factor, should not come to define what Clark is capable of. I seriously doubt the assailant would have UNH in any better position right now, had he decided to stay semi-sober over Labor Day weekend.

It's going to take patience - sometimes, a LOT of patience. Right now is one of those times.
            No truer words were ever, ever spoken. I KNEW it wouldn't take long until the Clark questioning would start; I mean, it's easy to look at the goal tending when the bigger pic is what we are honestly contending with...a rookie defense. I too wish things could have been different with the goal tending situation but it isn't and I too find myself considering what was lost in poor decision making. (weak words given what happened) But it is what it is and here we are. He*** it's a rookie team out there figuring it out. Kudos to them. Yes that turnover from last night wasn't pretty but that is part of figuring it out. I hope the boys come out flying tonight...all 60 minutes. If they can't/won't do that, well, that is another discussion. Patience. Yes. Onward 'Cats!
            Last edited by HockeyRef; 11-08-2014, 09:50 AM.
            I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

Another dangerously isolated stat-driven conclusion.
              With most team sports I fall in the middle of this argument. If I were Julian Edelman's QB he would be a statistical stiff. If I were the Celtics point guard then whoever their forwards are would score a lot less. If Lionel Messi was on the world cup pitch with a bunch of NCAA players he would be unlikely to score. If you, me and a team of our posters were wearing MI ST sweaters last night... So why bother keeping individual statistics at all? They are what they are. My point was more about Casey, bringing me to...

I seriously doubt the assailant would have UNH in any better position right now...
              Respectfully, I completely disagree with this. Casey had several stretches where he was literally unbeatable. I am not saying he would do that with this season's team in front of him, but I would take him over Clark in a heartbeat, no disrespect to Clark. Forgetting all that, my point was that Casey, like any competitive player, feels he is good at what he does, wants to help his team and is disappointed when he cannot.
              I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

• Originally posted by Darius View Post

Respectfully, I completely disagree with this. Casey had several stretches where he was literally unbeatable. I am not saying he would do that with this season's team in front of him, but I would take him over Clark in a heartbeat, no disrespect to Clark. Forgetting all that, my point was that Casey, like any competitive player, feels he is good at what he does, wants to help his team and is disappointed when he cannot.
                Conversely, wonder how Adam would be doing with TvR, Knodel, Agosta and Pesce in front of him.
                The UNH Men's Hockey Blog

Comment

• Originally posted by C-H-C View Post
                  Conversely, wonder how Adam would be doing with TvR, Knodel, Agosta and Pesce in front of him.
                  Like that group was the New Jersey Devils of the mid-1990's....how many titles did that group win under Umile?
                  Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Originally posted by C-H-C View Post
                    Much better!

Please notify me when smiley emoticons are back in fashion?
                    I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

Much better!

Please notify me when smiley emoticons are back in fashion?
                      No better time than the present....**** the torpedos!!
                      I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

Camper is a high energy player, one of our best at being unafraid of getting dirty, probably the thinking on his start. This team maybe the one that pushes us to start the Foegele/Poturalski/Kelleher or Eiserman/Smith/MacDonald line.

How did Gaudreault look last night?
                        I thought Gaudreault was one of the most effective players on the ice for UNH. Not allergic to the area around the net and works hard at backchecking.

Comment

FWIW I assumed starting Thrush and friends was a message to the first line following last Saturday's game. Having not seen last Saturday's game though, I did not know if the Downing line was any more or less guilty of dogging it in that game than any other. Seemed like Downing's line still got the most playing time, perhaps followed by Kelleher's. THAT line is the most fun to watch offensively, but maybe the biggest defensive liability right now. I expect that will come along as effort is not the issue for those guys, just inexperience. Surprised by Eiserman's absence, maybe he goes tonight after a game in the stands?

What did folks think of the four forward PP unit? I was surprised that McNicholas drew the assignment at center with Downing on the blue line, but I suppose that keeps the other two lines intact for the other half of the PP. They seemed to maintain a lot of time in the zone with that crowd, and some good chances.
                          Whenever I think of the past, it brings back so many memories. - Stephen Wright

Comment

• Originally posted by Aerman View Post
                            FWIW I assumed starting Thrush and friends was a message to the first line following last Saturday's game. Having not seen last Saturday's game though, I did not know if the Downing line was any more or less guilty of dogging it in that game than any other. Seemed like Downing's line still got the most playing time, perhaps followed by Kelleher's. THAT line is the most fun to watch offensively, but maybe the biggest defensive liability right now. I expect that will come along as effort is not the issue for those guys, just inexperience. Surprised by Eiserman's absence, maybe he goes tonight after a game in the stands?

What did folks think of the four forward PP unit? I was surprised that McNicholas drew the assignment at center with Downing on the blue line, but I suppose that keeps the other two lines intact for the other half of the PP. They seemed to maintain a lot of time in the zone with that crowd, and some good chances.
                            Eiserman blocked a pass with his ankle in the 2nd Lowell game and was hobbled.
                            The UNH Men's Hockey Blog

Comment

Originally posted by C-H-C View Post
                              Eiserman blocked a pass with his ankle in the 2nd Lowell game and was hobbled.
                              Je comprende. Hope he's back soon.
                              Whenever I think of the past, it brings back so many memories. - Stephen Wright

Comment

Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
                                Like that group was the New Jersey Devils of the mid-1990's....how many titles did that group win under Umile?
                                They managed to get UNH to the HE title game last year with TvR sidelined - they were pretty good, probably made the assailant look better than he really was. The former goalie certainly had his moments, but overall he was a slightly above-average Hockey East goalie. Curiously, he saw his back-up chosen as alternate captain last year, while as one of only a few high-profile returning seniors THIS season, the assailant had already been overlooked for a leadership letter by his teammates and coaches. Maybe they knew something we didn't?
                                Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                                Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

Working...
                                X