Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNH Wildcats 2014/2015 - Wait 'Til Next Year!!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UNH Wildcats 2014/2015 - Wait 'Til Next Year!!!

Allow me this:

As I pondered the home opener tomorrow night I thought .... "been there done that." And then I thought .... "no I have not been there for this season opener." This will be my 47th UNH season opener as a fan - and there have obviously been highs and lows. It has all been fueled by hope. If I reflect on the Bacon quote (below) .... I can say that although I don't think I have had my supper yet .... lunch is a distant memory.

"Hope is a good breakfast, but it is a bad supper." Francis Bacon

Comment

Originally posted by Darius View Post
      We may learn a little tonight at 7:00 on NESN: MI at UML.
      Good point. I was thinking the same.
      UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

Originally posted by sonar View Post
        Allow me this:

As I pondered the home opener tomorrow night I thought .... "been there done that." And then I thought .... "no I have not been there for this season opener." This will be my 47th UNH season opener as a fan - and there have obviously been highs and lows. It has all been fueled by hope. If I reflect on the Bacon quote (below) .... I can say that although I don't think I have had my supper yet .... lunch is a distant memory.

I used to work with guys who had suppah at around 10am and dinner at 5pm.

Comment

Allow me this: ... This will be my 47th UNH season opener as a fan - and there have obviously been highs and lows.
          47th opener?!?! .... I think your fellow Cat fans can cut you some slack and allow you just about anything.
          'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Originally posted by e.cat View Post
            I used to work with guys who had suppah at around 10am and dinner at 5pm.
            You must have worked in the same paper mill I did in my "youth" ....

Comment

• Originally posted by sonar View Post
              Allow me this:

I like your style and congrats on the longevity as a UNH fan. As we know I came late to this party and I'm loving it...I'm glad this board has different approaches to being a fan. To each his own! And as for hope....from the Shawshank Redemption "Hope is a good thing..maybe the best of things...and no good thing ever dies".
              Last edited by HockeyRef; 10-25-2014, 07:36 AM.
              I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

Originally posted by Felger View Post
                I wouldn't be so sure about that. Colorado College might be one of the worst teams in the nation this year. There is a lot of quality opposition on the schedule this season, but CC ain't part of it. I don't expect that this game will prove much, but that won't stop the crowing
                Personally, I prefer cackling as opposed to crowing. Sure, some of us got a lil excited last Friday with the win. Why not? Who thought UNH would even be IN that weekend series? So it got a lil exuberant. We might not have much room for that this season, given the schedule, given the adversity, yada, yada. Don't you worry...I'm getting the drift...
                I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

• Originally posted by sonar View Post
                  Hey, sonar, Franconia Paper Corp in Lincoln, NH, summer 1970, for me. But, my first UNH hockey games were at Batchelder Rink (outdoors) in the late 1950s / early 1960s.

Solid posts earlier, Chuck and Hockey Ref.
                  Last edited by Snively65; 10-24-2014, 06:03 PM.

Comment

Fraser Paper Company - Madawaska,Maine, June 1960 to August 1961 (saw the light and went to college after that) .....

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                    Hey, sonar, Franconia Paper Corp in Lincoln, NH, summer 1970, for me. But, my first UNH hockey games were at Batchelder Rink (outdoors) in the late 1950s / early 1960s.

Solid posts earlier, Chuck and Hockey Ref.

Comment

Actually, the summer before my freshman year, I worked for the State of NH Highway Dept, district 4 I think it was, in the Lebanon, Lake Sunapee area. The old timers I worked with were short on dialogue and long on hard labor but salt of the earth people.

BTW, congrats on your 47th opener. That pretty cool.☺

Comment

• So Michigan crushed Lowell 8-4, what the heck does that mean?
                        "Now Progress Takes Away What Forever Took To Find" Dave Matthews Band, The Dreaming Tree

Comment

Originally posted by JB View Post
                          So Michigan crushed Lowell 8-4, what the heck does that mean?
                          Still too early to tell, very limited sample sizes.
                          "...On To Victory, Forever Blue & White..."
                          Men's Hockey

ECAC Regular Season: 1 • ECAC Tournament: 1 • Hockey East Regular Season: 8 • Hockey East Tournament: 2
                          NCAA Appearances: 22 • Frozen Fours: 7 • 1999 & 2003 NCAA Runner Up

Women's Hockey
                          EAIAW Champions: 4 • ECAC Regular Season: 3 • ECAC Tournament: 5 • Hockey East Regular Season: 6 • Hockey East Tournament: 4
                          AWCHA Final Fours: 2 • NCAA Appearances: 5 • Frozen Fours: 2 • 1999 Runner Up
                          1998 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post

From my standpoint, a loss is a loss, whether it's 1-0 or 4-0,
                            Lowell got thumped by Michigan tonight 8-4 and outshot 37-30. Is that just a loss? You might think so but I don't!

Carry on.

Comment

You got me, JB. Never bought into the "We beat Team A, Team A beat Team B, so we'll beat Team B next weekend" pseudo-logic before, and I'm not about to start buying into it now.

For what it's worth, UML will be exiting a pretty tough opening five games (BC, QCx2, Michigan & MSU) tomorrow night at no worse than .500, and quite possibly at 3-1-1. Their next 11 games until the winter break look like a relatively leisurely stroll, and it won't be until mid-to-late January before their schedule gets tough again. I fully expect the Riverhawks to be a Top 4 HE team again this season. Whether they can three-peat is another issue entirely, but I'm sure Coach Bazin will use tonight's result as a wake-up call to ward off any early season complacency. If UNH can get any points off of UML next weekend, I'll be (pleasantly) surprised.
                              Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                              Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

It means that Lowell's defense took the game off and Boyle was atrocious. Enough said!
                                What did you say?
                                Who own the Chiefs?
                                What did he say?
                                Owns! Owns!

Comment

Working...
                                X