PDA

View Full Version : 2016 Beanpot to Belfast?

Pages : [1] 2

TonyTheTiger20
09-26-2014, 10:58 AM
What?

https://sports.yahoo.com/news/could-beanpot-move-northern-ireland-144405994.html

joecct
09-26-2014, 11:03 AM
College has sold out everything else. Why not the Beanpot?

And why is the Mayor involved?

buoldtimer
09-26-2014, 11:14 AM

Marty isn't the brightest light in the galaxy. And, by the way, you know Marty wouldn't attend the event on his own money, and he would sit center-ice. Like all politicians, he's not worried about inconveniencing others. Foreign travel for college students during the middle of a semester? Not a problem to Marty.

Split-N
09-26-2014, 11:23 AM
I never thought I'd live to see the day when all four Beanpot schools would agree on anything. But anyway, here's a copy of a comment I posted to the Northeastern thread:

Can't you just see how excited the Presidents of the four schools are going to be at the prospect of some of their athletes being out of the country for at least 10 days (more than that if it involves both rounds) in the middle of a semester? Even if they roll both rounds into successive days on a weekend, the kids would still be away for at least the better part of a week. And I wonder if Walsh floated this past the four schools in advance, or did he catch them as off-guard as the rest of us?

Why do Boston voters always insist on electing the village idiot as Mayor?

[BTW, the proposed location is Northern Ireland, which is part of the United Kingdom. It is NOT Ireland. Northern Ireland doesn't like green and executed all of the leprechauns centuries ago.]

groovemaster
09-26-2014, 11:41 AM

Good question....what's next....why not the Boston Marathon in 2017?

Yuppie Scum
09-26-2014, 11:42 AM
I can't believe the news today
Oh, I can't close my eyes
And make it go away

Chuck Murray
09-26-2014, 11:44 AM
Total silliness. If this is truly an exchange program, I can only wonder if they will sell more tickets for the Beanpot in Belfast (considering the pent-up demand for college ice hockey over there :rolleyes: ), or if the All-Ireland Hurling Championships at soon-to-be-abandoned Suffolk Downs in Eastie will bust out the joint and nip the 'Pot at the box office.

Really, who comes up with this stuff???????

Yuppie Scum
09-26-2014, 11:47 AM
This would be like having the Running of the Bulls in Cleveland.

Scarlet
09-26-2014, 11:55 AM
How can he even make that suggestion? Especially when he hasn't seemed to mention it to any of the four schools or the TD Garden/Steve Nazro? #stupidestideaever

buoldtimer
09-26-2014, 12:08 PM
How can he even make that suggestion? Especially when he hasn't seemed to mention it to any of the four schools or the TD Garden/Steve Nazro? #stupidestideaever

Again, you only need to listen to Marty for a few minutes to realize that he's not a deep thinker.

Tater
09-26-2014, 12:28 PM
Why do Boston voters always insist on electing the village idiot as Mayor?

Well Providence is about to elect a 2-time felon as Mayor, so some constituencies have done worse! :p

buoldtimer
09-26-2014, 12:34 PM
Again, you only need to listen to Marty for a few minutes to realize that he's not a deep thinker.

The interview was cut short. Marty was about to suggest that the upcoming Frozen Four be played in Rome.

njdevscup30
09-26-2014, 12:40 PM
Worst idea ever.

joecct
09-26-2014, 12:40 PM
Well Providence is about to elect a 2-time felon as Mayor, so some constituencies have done worse! :pBuddy? Then do his guest appearances on Imus return?

HHound
09-26-2014, 12:49 PM
Is nothing sacred???:mad:

Perhaps this is what you get when you combine the Village Idiot mayor with Irish Whiskey and stick a microphone in his face (farce).

Chuck Murray
09-26-2014, 01:05 PM

Walsh, Menino and Flynn probably wouldn't combine to score a 10 on the Wonderlic test, even if it was open-book :eek:

Split-N
09-26-2014, 02:01 PM
Well Providence is about to elect a 2-time felon as Mayor, so some constituencies have done worse! :p

Point taken but let's also remember that Boston voters beat them to the punch (by ~70 years) by electing James Michael Curley to a 4th term as Mayor while he was still in Federal prison on felony corruption convictions.

At least Buddy has paid his debt to society and has, no doubt, mended his ways. ;)

Scarlet
09-26-2014, 03:11 PM
And sells spaghetti sauce!

Patman
09-26-2014, 06:45 PM
And sells spaghetti sauce!

So did Tom Lasorda, not a high bar :p

Chris_NH
09-27-2014, 10:38 AM
Mayuh Mahtee needs to be knocked back not just one pag, but several. He's way too big for his britches. He seems to have a narcissistic mindset that other politicians share, thinking by simply saying something that it will be so.