SCSU Huskies 2014-2015 Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SCSU Huskies 2014-2015 Season Thread

Well the season is so close I can smell it! It will be intersting to how our young defense and Goaltending responds this season. I have no doubt our offense will score a ton of goals, but I am just hoping we can stop someone. The schedule looks brutal and the team is goign to have to come out of the gate flying so they don't put themselves in a hole they can't dig themselves out of. any other thoughts?
    I am Tommyboy, and I approve this message.

In Bob we Trust!

The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center..... I wonder who originally came up with that.

Re: SCSU Huskies 2014-2015 Season Thread

Gate poster here, can't wait for these two games. Man, you guys have a brutal schedule.
    It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Picked 3rd in the preseason poll.
      IIRC that's where we were picked last year and that worked out well.
      "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
      -Gallagher

R.I.P.
      Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
      Grandma ~ Jan 2004
      Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
      Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Anyone heard anything about getting our arena more than half-renovated?
        SCSU Hockey: 2001 WCHA Playoff Champions, 2013 WCHA Champions & Frozen Four, 2014 NCHC Champions, 2016 NCHC Playoff Champions
        UMD Women: 2001, 2002, 2003, 2008, 2010
        Gopher Football: 1934, 1935, 1936, 1940, 1941, 1960
        Johnnie Football: 1963, 1965, 1976, 2003
        UMD Football: 2008, 2010
        UMD Men: 2011

Comment

Man, we couldn't even cover the 9.5 goal spread against Trinity Western.

We suck
          tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

School record for shots, gotta like that.
            But I think if TWU were a NCHC school, they would likely go winless.
            Good to shake the rust off and no one hurt, but this wasn't much of a game.
            "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
            -Gallagher

R.I.P.
            Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
              But I think if TWU were a NCHC school, they would likely go winless.
              Yet if they were a WCHA team they'd likely get home-ice and have a 25% chance of a top-3 finish

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
                Yet if they were a WCHA team they'd likely get home-ice and have a 25% chance of a top-3 finish
                Mankato beat them 12-1 tonight, shots on goal were 53-5, TWU didn't get a shot on goal in the third period.
                My guy is a hard-nosed hockey player who is not afraid to crash the net. Your guy is a goon who runs the goalie.

Comment

Originally posted by MavsFan View Post
                  Mankato beat them 12-1 tonight, shots on goal were 53-5, TWU didn't get a shot on goal in the third period.
                  Clearly we softened them up for you
                  -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                  Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
                    Clearly we softened them up for you
                    Thanks, we appreciate it. Of course, we, like you guys, learned not much of anything by a game like that. Next weekend at Omaha will tell us a lot more about what we've got.
                    My guy is a hard-nosed hockey player who is not afraid to crash the net. Your guy is a goon who runs the goalie.

Comment

Originally posted by MavsFan View Post
                      Thanks, we appreciate it. Of course, we, like you guys, learned not much of anything by a game like that. Next weekend at Omaha will tell us a lot more about what we've got.
                      Here's a scouting report on Omaha:

Try to often shoot high stick side... and low glove side... and high glove... and 5-hole... and dump the puck from your own blue line...

Comment

So, basically Mav fans, tell your guys to shoot the *** puck!!

Comment

Originally posted by The Boomer View Post
                          So, basically Mav fans, tell your guys to shoot the *** puck!!
                          Advanced analytics, simplified.

Comment

Working...
                          X