Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You have a good team & it showed all wknd.. well played.
    GO NU HOCKEY
    Always bullish on the future.
    We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Re: Colgate 2014-15

Originally posted by red133883 View Post
      We didnt play a full 60 minutes this weekend. And our Power play is awful, but that could be because of Tylor's absence. I am excited that we have found scoring, and played incredible defense these first four games. For the first time this year I saw a few two on ones that made me a little uncomfortable but the defenseman that was back played the break as well as possible. I am really excited.

Little concerned that Tylor has been out for so long, makes it seem pretty bad, but we will see if anything comes out.

Does anyone know what the record is for longest shutout streak is (Finn has to be getting close)?
      Dekanich had three shutouts in a row in 2007-08, something like 210 or more minutes(little more I think).
      It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Two shutouts against a Hockey East team, three and one, I'll take it. As good as this team is, Charlie Finn is even better. Read my signature.

Comment

I am concerned about Tylor Spink, hopefully we won't need him next weekend against Sacred Heart. That would give him two more weeks minimum to heal up. Mercyhurst the following weekend, hopefully back for ECAC against Q-Pac and Princeton.

Comment

Originally posted by sshablak View Post
            I am concerned about Tylor Spink, hopefully we won't need him next weekend against Sacred Heart. That would give him two more weeks minimum to heal up. Mercyhurst the following weekend, hopefully back for ECAC against Q-Pac and Princeton.
            You won't need him against Sacred Heart. I think the only concern is falling asleep in the silence of the Milford Ice Pavilion. Easily the worst rink in all of D1.
            QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY BOBCATS

ECAC Regular Season Champions
            2013, 2015, 2016, 2019

ECAC Tournament Champions

NCAA Tournament
            2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2019

NCAA Frozen Four
            2013, 2016

https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/
            https://twitter.com/QHockeyBlog
            https://www.instagram.com/bobcatshockeyblog/
            https://www.facebook.com/QHockeyBlog/

Comment

Just noticed, Sacred Heart game Saturday is at 3:00PM.

Football @ Albany is 3:30 Saturday

Comment

Holding steady again at #4...
                Noticed we have remaining OOC games against Sacred Heart x2, Mercyhurst x2 (both series won't help us, so we must win them), BU, Providence, and WMU...that's about it. Last year our OOC schedule saved us...and beating some ranked foes in our own league. Need to prove ourselves early and keep the momentum going one game at a time.

Will be at UAlbany on Sat! Hope we can rebound; liked Mooney's arm but some serious mental lapses. Only converted on 6/14 3rd downs. 4-3 with a new coach, not bad. Could beat Lehigh and Lafayette, BU...IDK! Not sure if HC's Gilmore will have a job after this season???

Go 'Gate
                Pick up some more wins CU women's hockey and get going already
                C O L G A T E
                2023 ECAC CHAMPION
                1990 NCAA FINALS
                https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tiU0vQxIQE8

ECAC Pick the Standings Champion, 2008
                ECAC Pick 'Em Champion, 2010 & 2015
                ECAC Pick the Playoffs Champion, 2016

Comment

It's early yet, but nice to see Charlie Finn at the top of the ECAC leader boards with a 1.01 GA and .964 save %. The top 5 +/- players are all from Union.....whaaaa? Can't afford to fall asleep this weekend; gotta keep winning; there's only trouble if we let down vs. SH or Mercyhurst.

I believe either football or hockey will not be broadcast on radio at all this w/e due to the same start times. Not sure which one it is...
                  COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

Originally posted by ColSkate65 View Post
                    It's early yet, but nice to see Charlie Finn at the top of the ECAC leader boards with a 1.01 GA and .964 save %. The top 5 +/- players are all from Union.....whaaaa? Can't afford to fall asleep this weekend; gotta keep winning; there's only trouble if we let down vs. SH or Mercyhurst.

I believe either football or hockey will not be broadcast on radio at all this w/e due to the same start times. Not sure which one it is...
                    We'll be broadcasting the hockey game from Sacred Heart. The football game will not have radio coverage however it will be shown on Time Warner Sports Channel (Channel 19 in CNY) across the state. There will be live video from Sacred Heart for both games however the charge is $10.00 per game.

Comment

Originally posted by 'Gate Radio View Post
                      There will be live video from Sacred Heart for both games however the charge is $10.00 per game.
                      Bobby V must be up to no good. Hopefully there will be a free live video stream of Saturday's football game, for people like me that are outside of Time Warner Cable's coverage area.

In other news, we're front and center in this week's ECAC Hockey column:
                      http://www.uscho.com/2014/10/22/for-...milar-mindset/
                      Colgate '09

Comment

Originally posted by Rainman View Post
                        Bobby V must be up to no good. Hopefully there will be a free live video stream of Saturday's football game, for people like me that are outside of Time Warner Cable's coverage area.

In other news, we're front and center in this week's ECAC Hockey column:
                        http://www.uscho.com/2014/10/22/for-...milar-mindset/
                        And for anyone in the Hamilton area, I'd say the schedule of events is Colgate rugby burying Syracuse starting at 2, followed by a trip to Rusch's to watch both football and hockey! I'll be there, who's in?

Comment

Originally posted by 'Gate Radio View Post
                          We'll be broadcasting the hockey game from Sacred Heart. The football game will not have radio coverage however it will be shown on Time Warner Sports Channel (Channel 19 in CNY) across the state. There will be live video from Sacred Heart for both games however the charge is $10.00 per game.
                          Thanks GR. No T-W here. Wonder if there's any way to get another live feed from Albany.....maybe a student run video Would like to sync the hockey and FB games together.
                          COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

Originally posted by ColSkate65 View Post
                            Thanks GR. No T-W here. Wonder if there's any way to get another live feed from Albany.....maybe a student run video Would like to sync the hockey and FB games together.
                            Albany has live video for $4.95 on UAlbanySports.com. I would suspect they'll plug right into Time Warner and take their feed.

Comment

As far as the Union/SCSU game is concerned are we looking for SCSU to win at least one because we beat them already and it could help way down the road with the pairwise?

Comment

Best scenario is if St. Cloud and Union split their series, since we play both teams twice. But we'll need to win at least one game against the Dutchmen.
                                Colgate '09

Comment

Working...
                                X