Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yea I get that too, maybe because the scsu series was on the road and the wm game was at a neutral site. That tool is depressing though, if you go back and change it to beat Mercyhurst both nights or even yale or providence we would be 10th in the Pairwise.

Comment

• Re: Colgate 2014-15

Originally posted by sshablak View Post
      Colskate....Finn can have a weekend off if we get a bye.(1-4)
      Good thought
      COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

Spiro Goulakis is one of twenty senior D1 hockey players nominated for the Senior CLASS award. It's nice to see one of our guys get some recognition.

Story is on the site: http://www.seniorclassaward.com/

Comment

It's been two months and eight games since our last home game, I hope that never happens again, too long. Five of the next six home, we need to pile up the points. Also hoping Cornell vs Harvard is a very physical game, usually is. Harvard has some key injuries .
          It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

It's been two months and eight games since our last home game, I hope that never happens again, too long. Five of the next six home, we need to pile up the points. Also hoping Cornell vs Harvard is a very physical game, usually is. Harvard has some key injuries .
            The same exact thing happened to RPI and Union. Prior to last weekend, neither team had played at home since mid November. It is just how the league's block schedule broke down.

Comment

Where have you been GR ? WB
              It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Originally posted by 'Gate Radio View Post
                The same exact thing happened to RPI and Union. Prior to last weekend, neither team had played at home since mid November. It is just how the league's block schedule broke down.
                RPI played a home game against BU in December, then they played at home Jan. 2-3 against Miami. Union, however, had a long gap between home games just like we did. However, their students were on break the entire month of December due to their trimester calendar. In fact, Union's still in a stretch where they're playing 14 of 16 away from home. After their home games against Cornell and Colgate last weekend, they play their next 5 games away from Messa Rink. I'm guessing it's an "it is what it is" situation for the Dutchmen, but at least we get 5 of our next 6 at home.

As mentioned before, the game against Harvard is huge regarding the RPI and PWR. But we can't overlook Dartmouth either. I think a 3-pt weekend (with a win over Harvard) will suffice, but winning both games is preferable. Let's do this!
                Colgate '09

Comment

I want a four point weekend but I'd take a two point weekend from here on in without another loss. Although this would not "help us" that much it would stop us from dropping.

I think the team and Murphy caught a huge break when the league didn't suspend Murphy for the third game. He just needs to get his head on straight and realize that there are ways to take the body and not the head. And as I have said before this team isn't going to out physical anyone (especially a team like Cornell). Our game is speed and skill, use that and they won't be able to be physical, they will be too busy playing catch up

Comment

Both Kyle Baun and Charlie Finn have been nominated for the Hobey Baker award - congrats to both of them. Several other ECAC players nominated also. You can vote once each day on the Hobey Baker website - her's the link: http://www.hobeybaker.com/awards/the...ial-award/vote

There's a real interesting article about Kyle's grandfather Bobby Baun (he scored the overtime game winner on a broken ankle in game 6 of the 1964 Stanley Cup finals - played in game 7, also). Here's a link to that site: http://mapleleafslegends.blogspot.co.../bob-baun.html

WILL BE GOOD TO GET BACK IN STARR RINK IN 4 HOURS!!! GO 'GATE

Comment

Dartmouth looked really good on TV against ____(senior moment, sorry). We can't afford to overlook them, as mentioned. Tyler Sigura (I think it's Tyler) is their main man, and has been a thorn in our side the past couple of years, if memory serves. Will stream the game from my Lazy-Boy. Hope to be at Starr for the Harvard game tomorrow, weather permitting, + I've already bought my chewing gum for the Cornell game

Comment

Kissing-your-sister night

Uh oh.......Cornell beat Harvard.

Comment

That tie felt a lot like a tie. A very even game. Would I have preferred a win, yes, but I'll take the point, especially if we can beat Harvard tomorrow night. One thing we DO need to work on is winning faceoffs in our defensive zone. Dartmouth's 1st goal was almost immediately after an offensive zone faceoff win. Unfortunately, this is the 3rd time this has happened to us this season.
                          Colgate '09

Comment

The tie felt more like a loss to me against a 6-8-3 team after going ahead with 13min left. Just like the Union game, we couldn't close out the game after we scored. We did win our fair share of faceoffs tonight, but had some trouble getting it out of our own zone. We did not create enough traffic in front of their net...too many perimeter shots IMO. Harvard will be loaded for bear tomorrow and we need to keep our cool. Feels like we take 1 step forward and 2 back this season, but hope Spiro & Mike are recovering ok.
                            C O L G A T E
                            2023 ECAC CHAMPION
                            1990 NCAA FINALS
                            https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tiU0vQxIQE8

ECAC Pick the Standings Champion, 2008
                            ECAC Pick 'Em Champion, 2010 & 2015
                            ECAC Pick the Playoffs Champion, 2016

Comment

Okay, 'Gate...new day, new game.
                              Get it done at home!
                              C O L G A T E
                              2023 ECAC CHAMPION
                              1990 NCAA FINALS
                              https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tiU0vQxIQE8

ECAC Pick the Standings Champion, 2008
                              ECAC Pick 'Em Champion, 2010 & 2015
                              ECAC Pick the Playoffs Champion, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by TchrBill View Post
                                The tie felt more like a loss to me against a 6-8-3 team after going ahead with 13min left. Just like the Union game, we couldn't close out the game after we scored. We did win our fair share of faceoffs tonight, but had some trouble getting it out of our own zone. We did not create enough traffic in front of their net...too many perimeter shots IMO. Harvard will be loaded for bear tomorrow and we need to keep our cool. Feels like we take 1 step forward and 2 back this season, but hope Spiro & Mike are recovering ok.
                                Dartmouth's first line is as good as any in the league. Harvard is much deeper and overall faster and better. I'd expect a very fast and entertaining game provided Harvard can stop feeling sorry for itself.
                                9/11/01 - Stewie & Pelch, you are missed by the SLU Family.
                                1962, 1988, 1989, 1992, 2000, 2001, we want More!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X