X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Colgate 2014-15

Originally posted by TheValleyRaider View Post
    By all accounts, this has been the targeted season, and at last it's here.
    ....or is it next season?
    COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

Maybe we can fly under the radar this year. Looking at some of the preseason articles on USCHO, it looks like we don't have any defenseman, forwards ir goalies to watch this year. Really makes you wonder how we were ranked 5/6 in the preseason polls. Ha

I really wish it was next weekend so we could start the regular season off and see how good this team really is

Comment

Originally posted by red133883 View Post
        Maybe we can fly under the radar this year. Looking at some of the preseason articles on USCHO, it looks like we don't have any defenseman, forwards ir goalies to watch this year. Really makes you wonder how we were ranked 5/6 in the preseason polls. Ha
        CHN has us at #5 and mentions pretty much all our offensive and defensive players + frosh. Glad to see they wrote a more complete report.
        COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

"Boned" by USCHO, lol, who cares ? Too much hype is not good anyways, contenders or pretenders, we'll find out next weekend.
          It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Let the games begin....anyone know how we can hear/see tonight's exhibition. I see nothing promising on the Athletic website at 4:45pm...

Comment

It's been a long 190 days since Colgate last took the ice, but the wait is over, even if it's just an exhibition game that doesn't count. Sadly, I didn't make it out to Hamilton this weekend (weather forecast called for rain), and it appears that tonight's game isn't being live streamed. Guess I'll settle for Twitter updates on my phone. I wish CBS Sports Network would pick up at least one of next weekend's games (they carried a handful of St. Cloud and other NCHC games last season), but I guess that's not in the cards.
              Colgate '09

Comment

For those who couldn't make it out to Hamilton, the team looked really good. They were keeping pucks in the zone, decent passing and shooting a lot more than normal. There was a little let down in the 3rd, a sloppy give away leading to the lone Queens goal. The one worry is that they looked fatigued in the third, but that has to be expected.

The spink spink Baun line did not play for almost the entire third period, and I am not sure I saw spiro out there either.

Comment

I left after two periods we were leading 6-0. I guess I saw what I needed to see. The passing was phenominal and we are definitely faster than last year.

Panowyk and Peterson teamed up for the first goal five minutes in, this really pleased me as Panowyk is supposed to be a power forward and also add to our speed. Weburg the third freshman also scored.

The bar has been raised and it's time to follow through, makes me a little nervous, all this attention.

I plan on watching the games this weekend, can't wait.
                  Last edited by sshablak; 10-06-2014, 07:44 AM.

Comment

the cheapest I have found on the nchc tv site is 14.95 for a school monthly pass or 13.99 a day. Anybody have anyway else to watch the game this weekend?
                    Last edited by still an empty net; 10-08-2014, 09:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by still an empty net View Post
                      the cheapest I have found on the nchc tv site is 14.95 for a school monthly pass or 13.99 a day. Anybody have anyway else to watch the game this weekend?
                      No but I will start looking.

Comment

Originally posted by still an empty net View Post
                        What a ripoff!
                        Colgate '09

Comment

13 bucks for 1 day is insane, but the 15 for a month is good. Most online services are about 9 bucks a game. So if you watch both games this weekend it is not bad, but a complete ripoff if you watch just one

Comment

Season starts tomorrow, who is ready?

Comment

Originally posted by red133883 View Post
                              Season starts tomorrow, who is ready?
                              Ready! We'll be streaming the Colgate game Friday. Saturday going to the new Polisseni Center in Rochester to catch RIT against Clarkson. Looking forward to the day we can travel to Hamilton to experience a new rink!

Comment

You are going to do great tomorrow .... may the hockey gods be with you. The big ice is to your advantage. Colgate 6 - SCSU 3. Lets get the ECAC rolling ....
                                DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
                                DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

Working...
                                X