Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Northeastern Huskies 2014-15: Release the Hounds!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Agganis View Post
    Haha got it, so now I just somehow have "selective memory".
    Just let the red-haired stepchildren get all antsy
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Re: Northeastern Huskies 2014-15: Release the Hounds!

Are we really going to get into a ****ing match arguing about how sleazy the NCAA is? Really. As I said before, the NCAA and FIFA are the most corrupt sports entities on the planet.
      Northeastern Huskies

Beanpot Champions: 2018, 2019
      Hockey East Champions: 2016, 2019

Comment

What are you talking about? My stance is that if a player is cut/run-off/whatever-the-NCAA-wants-to-call-it he should be immediately free to go play anywhere he wants that he is academically eligible. I'm not about to congratulate the NCAA on a rule that still leaves that player partially dependent on the school that cut him, whether that school be NU, BU, BC, or Alaska. Is that arrogance and/or selective memory?
        That's reasonable. If a school cuts an athlete, it should step out of his way and let him find the right path for himself. They shouldn't have it both ways. Furthermore, We all know that the NC$$ is an organization of and for control freaks. It is loath to take a reasonable stance if it favors someone other than its members.

As for the rest of it, I was apparently unclear about what Hoky was referring to. He was just trying to be PC.
        Last edited by HHound; 09-30-2014, 01:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by HHound View Post
          If a school cuts an athlete, it should step out of his way and let him find the right path for himself.
          A school shouldn't have the ability to step in the way, and therein lies the problem with the NCAA, in this case. BU doing the right thing shouldn't take the focus off of how ridiculous this rule is. Other than that it appears we are in agreement.

Now care to explain what you think BU fans are selectively forgetting?

Comment

A school shouldn't have the ability to step in the way, and therein lies the problem with the NCAA, in this case. BU doing the right thing shouldn't take the focus off of how ridiculous this rule is. Other than that it appears we are in agreement.

Now care to explain what you think BU fans are selectively forgetting?
            Sure. You are so focused on the much heralded raft of "blue chip" recruits that DQ has lined up for this and the next few years and you are forgetting the misery you endured in the past season and embarrassments of the previous couple of years. This is quite "normal" and is a wonderful defense mechanism - especially for sports fans.

Comment

Originally posted by HHound View Post
              Sure. You are so focused on the much heralded raft of "blue chip" recruits that DQ has lined up for this and the next few years and you are forgetting the misery you endured in the past season and embarrassments of the previous couple of years. This is quite "normal" and is a wonderful defense mechanism - especially for sports fans.
              I don't think forget is the right word, it's just not relevant to the topic at hand or indicative of what to expect in the future. Much like how Cronin's 3 win first season wasn't the focus once he put his stamp on the team.

Comment

When will the team finally wear black unis at home?
                Northeastern Huskies

Beanpot Champions: 2018, 2019
                Hockey East Champions: 2016, 2019

Comment

I don't make those decisions, but I'd prefer to see the reds more. If you really want to know, try emailing the coach. I'm sure you will get a reply.

Comment

Try Matt Nareski, he's the head equipment manager. Lots of posts on his twitter page with behind-the-scenes stuff (@EqMngr2).
                    Celebrating 20 Years of TheDogHouse

Comment

Copied from my DHD post:

Thoughts from Section 44:

The good: The PK unit did a very good job, I thought. Acadia went 0-4, with some good looks, but the team held. Liked what I saw from Collier, NStevens, Cockerill, Dax, and ZAR. Collier definitely should be in the lineup, IMO. Offense also had some really nice looks, nice passing. Hit metal 2 times I think, and Acadia's netminder had some really nice pad saves.

The ehh: The powerplay. 1-5, which is nice that we got one, but could have gotten more. Thought JStevens had an ehh game, some good play with his brother in the offensive zone but still too many turnovers. Derick had himself some highlight saves, but it's clear that he is our number 2. Got beat on a tip (not his fault) and a snipe.

The bad: KRoy's consistency. Had the PP goal, and a couple good looks, but still just doesn't seem to be there at all times. Also missed an open net with 15 seconds left. That was a heartbreaker. Would have bet the house he sinks that. Also, McMurtry I thought was our worst player who saw regular ice time. Just doesn't seem strong enough on the puck. Wouldn't be opposed to JM flipping him with Collier. Hockey East officials are in mid-season form. I don't put the loss on them by any means, but they were bad. Also, can someone explain how a slashing penalty got a 5? Didn't see the hit, and then the Acadia player was in a heap.

Didn't see much of note out of Sikura. Also thought Acadia did an outstanding job getting sticks in lanes. Very tough for the boys to get clean shots off. Thought it was a good test. This Acadia team beat QU 4-1 yesterday. They are a good team. I hate the loss, but it gives us something to work off of.
                      "Never tell me the odds"

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/

Comment

we don't lose the gm if Witt was in net in the 2nd & 3rd periods.. so that is reassuring. also, tough break on Roy missing that wide open net for a tie.. he actually missed the entire net & shot it high..standing at the doorstep!.. I think he couldn't believe we (he) was going to tie the gm with seconds left.. good break for Acadia. I think the coaches got out of the gm.. whatever it is, they wanted to see.. lots of note taking.
                        GO NU HOCKEY
                        Always bullish on the future.
                        We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

I liked Nolan, Cockerill, and Collier and what they brought, not so much Sikura. Not going to read too much into game 1 at the new level, but he didn't look like he was bringing much offense to the table. Hard fought game and we're no strangers to seeing the team that gets outshot win. Get some of the bad luck out of the way when it doesn't count (Kevin...) It looks like a much better team than last year and really encouraging, hopefully how they looked today holds true against Hockey East.
                          Last edited by TheRevengeance; 10-05-2014, 07:15 PM.

Comment

Well, boys, it’s October again and this marks my 30th year of early hope for the Red and Black. We start out, as always with viewing the glass as half full. Picked 4th in the HE pre season poll and 16th in the national rankings, both of which we all know don't really hold alot of water in Ocotber, but with plenty of new and returning talent, all I an say GO HUSKIES! I hope you all had a great and happy, healty and prosperous Summer, but let's face it it’s hockey season and it’s what we live for. So lets enjoy it!

I am back in the rink watching my last kid play his Sr. year locally before his transfer for a PG at prep too far away next year. I have to admit I am pretty tickled to see both the college and national blue chip recruits filled with many kids I watched play since they were mites in the GBYHL. This season it may be a little harder to me to scream BC sucks with a local like Noah Hanifin on the ice. Clearly, their will be more to follow in both Hockey East and Pro’s so here's to a great NU season with lot’s of goals and great play in every aspect of the game form coaching to D. I have 6 tickets for the VT opener, hope to see you all in the stands.
                            Last edited by RossiRules; 10-07-2014, 10:37 PM.

Comment

Rossi didn't mean to post the same time as you.. anyway, welcome back. will miss the home opener would like for you to come back with your insights from the old barn

hopefully there is stuff to cheer about.. & often..

talking about old barns.. glad we still have ours.

http://online.wsj.com/articles/the-d...p_EditorsPicks

GO NU HOCKEY
                              Always bullish on the future.
                              We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Gotta say I'm envious of our fellow Hockey East schools being able to start their seasons tonight. The wait until tomorrow night is gonna be hard to bear. Sold out Doghouse tickets, should be a good atmosphere and a better game.
                                "Never tell me the odds"

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/

Comment

Working...
                                X