Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Northeastern Huskies 2014-15: Release the Hounds!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Northeastern Huskies 2014-15: Release the Hounds!

The disappointment of the hockey season as it has so far unfolded aside, I remain thankful for those who care enough about the Northeastern hockey program to take the time to post their thoughts on this and other forums, whether I agree with those thoughts or not. Happy Thanksgiving to all and may you all revel in your temporary, tryptophan-induced happiness.
    Last edited by Split-N; 11-27-2014, 10:10 AM.
    "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

I am unable to see NU play Minnesota tomorrow night.. however, for any of you that want to go to a college hockey game for decent price.. the University has a Black Friday promo running just through today (Friday) for any tickets purchased online only.

Its good for 50% off all hockey ticket prices.. but they must be purchased today. Pretty good deal.

Just enter code HuskiesFriday at checkout. Here is link.. http://neu.universitytickets.com/use..._listings.aspx

Heck even if you do not want to see NU this season.. you can purchase to see a quality Gopher team tomorrow .. or Jack Eichel later in the season.. but gotta buy 'em today..

..for any/ all college hockey fans. G'luck, & pls pray for my Huskies! Safe holidays everyone.
      GO NU HOCKEY
      Always bullish on the future.
      We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

One more point to the tix post.. has to me minimum of 2 tickets.
        GO NU HOCKEY
        We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Your FREE video feed is amazing. I paid ten bucks for what seemed to be 240p most of the game yesterday. BC sucks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bonin21 View Post
            Your FREE video feed is amazing. I paid ten bucks for what seemed to be 240p most of the game yesterday. BC sucks.
            now if we can just hang on & stay out of the box (have given up two PP goals) vs. a super passing team in Minny...

..but (and).. you're welcome.
            GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

Big win tonight! winners of 3 of last 4. Rossi, can't wait for your negative spin, SpeedRacer, your idiotic analysis.
              The Artist formally known as Steve66

Comment

• Huge goal for K Roy.. wish I was in the house. Good 'W' for NU this season.

Can we still not keep Madigan.. nice going team!
                GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

• So now it's officially bc's fault that the Big 10 won the Hockey East - Big 10 challenge. NU did its part this weekend.

Comment

wow,what a great win,who would have thought,pumped to see the enthusiasm back!

On the other hand,the Jim Madigan fan club just had a field trip and that contract extension theyve been dreaming about might come true.

You win some and you lose some,still Happy for a win,great job Huskies!

Comment

MY BOYS!!!!!! well done!
                      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Well done NU, well done!
                        "We will play a style that is a puck-possession game, an up-tempo style ... It will rely on speed and toughness. I’m sure these players can
                        make that adjustment very easily. We’re going to make the Tsongas a tough place to get points for other teams." -UML Coach Norm Bazin

Comment

Great win Huskies, with less than 1500 in actual attendance and a Dog Pound of 20 people tops, no band and about 500 or so Minnesota fans in house you beat one of the top ranked teams in the nation and out shout them 3 to 2.

Although, I can't say the better team won for sure, we all know that's hockey anything can happen on any given night. That said, NU played gutsy D and pesky O against a bigger and in may ways vastly superior team in terms of skill. The game plan was excellent with NU only allowing goals on PP. During full strength play we rarely over committed and only gave up a handful of odd man rushes. NU delivered some fierce hits hits too. However, the biggest change I noted was in transition and neutral zone play where players dumped the puck for fresher legs if there was clearly nothing about to develop, and that takes discipline.

This was the best game they have played all year and I also must say it was fairly well coached, Madigan made good use of time outs and set up plays behind the bench to gather the troops when needed. One game does not a season make but this was a great game to build on and I am very proud of the boys tonight. Don’t get me wrong NU played up the competition and the Gophers likely played down in a classic trap game coming off a fairly easy win at the Heights yesterday.

I will say if they play like they did tonight the rest of the year we will be .500 after all. Also, nice job to K Roy who although he still never played D did get himself time and space, eventually scoring the game winner with about 4 minutes left. He looked much better tonight than he has all year with flashes of greatness in the Offensive zone particularly with his stick handling behind the net.

Really happy I went with both my son’s who were home from Thanksgiving break and both of whom had local DIV 3 games, which they also won, they even each saw a couple of shifts. Great weekend for RossiRules. Great weekend for NU too. Hope everyone had a terrific Thanksgiving. Is this "ok" with you retsap71?
                          Last edited by RossiRules; 11-29-2014, 09:13 PM.

Comment

Congrats, you Huskies!

Comment

Originally posted by RossiRules View Post
                              Great win Huskies, with less than 1500 in actual attendance and a Dog Houseof 20 people tops, no band and about 500 or so Minnesota fans in house you beat one of the top ranked teams in the nation and out shout them 3 to 2.

Although, I can't say the better team won for sure, we all know that's hockey anything can happen on any given night. That said, NU played gutsy D and pesky O against a bigger and in may ways vastly superior team in terms of skill. The game plan was excellent with NU only allowing goals on PP. During full strength play we rarely over committed and only gave up a handful of odd man rushes. NU delivered some fierce hits hits too. However, the biggest change I noted was in transition and neutral zone play where players dumped the puck for fresher legs if there was clearly nothing about to develop, and that takes discipline.

This was the best game they have played all year and I also must say it was fairly well coached, Madigan made good use of time outs and set up plays behind the bench to gather the troops when needed. One game does not a season make but this was a great game to build on and I am very proud of the boys tonight. Don’t get me wrong NU played up the competition and the Gophers likely played down in a classic trap game coming off a fairly easy win at the Heights yesterday.

I will say if they play like they did tonight the rest of the year we will be .500 after all. Also, nice job to K Roy who although he still never played D did get himself time and space, eventually scoring the game winner with about 4 minutes left. He looked much better tonight than he has all year with flashes of greatness in the Offensive zone particularly with his stick handling behind the net.

Really happy I went with both my son’s who were home from Thanksgiving break and both of whom had local DIV 3 games, which they also won, they even each saw a couple of shifts. Great weekend for RossiRules. Great weekend for NU too. Hope everyone had a terrific Thanksgiving. Is this "ok" with you retsap71?
                              FYP.

Awesome win. nothing short of that. Witt stood on his head, team dominated faceoffs, SOG, Roy coming up clutch when we needed him to most. Came down from 1 down, lost the lead, still fought through. This is what the team is capable of. 3-3-1 in their last 7. This team is rolling. They deserve to bask in this win for a day before focusing on PC. Holy toledo. Heckuva win.
                              "Never tell me the odds"

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Bonin21 View Post
                                I'll pass this along to the people who run GoNUxstream. Appreciate the kind words!
                                "Never tell me the odds"

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/

Comment

Working...
                                X