Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Northeastern Huskies 2014-15: Release the Hounds!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Northeastern Huskies 2014-15: Release the Hounds!

Originally posted by DieHardDog View Post
    The stoppages had absolutely nothing to do with media time-outs. The university hosted Kevin Spacey at Matthews the night before, which meant that the ice surface had to be covered for at least half the day on Friday. As you could imagine, the ice looks like s&*t after you uncover it. The time-outs were needed to help keep everything maintained. Judging by the amount of snow they were picking up each time, the ice was still pretty soft.
    I know some people posted reasons afterwards, but this would not be a good reason as Matthews has hosted other events the day and night before hockey games and they never had to do this before.

Remember some bball team uses Matthews on occasion too even though they had a very nice looking facility redone for them a few years back on campus that most high school teams would be jealous of. Based on the conference they play in, all their games should be in there...

I am really hoping that what they did on Saturday was a trial run that both NU coaches and UNH coaches agreed to. And I hope they realized how dumb it was to stop the flow of the game, and on this particular night, give UNH a free timeout with 3 minutes to go in a 1 goal game which they used to diagram something.

One of the reasons I love college hockey is the LACK of media timeouts. Its nice to have a flow of the actual game.
    DogHouse Graduate 2001

Comment

Originally posted by Agganis View Post
      Hockey East gave each school the choice to either run every home game with media timeouts or run just home games actually on TV with media timeouts (so you can't pick and choose some non-TV games to have media timeouts and some to not). Any complaints should be directed to the individual schools, all the conference did was give them two options. In theory last year teams could have done whatever they wanted as there was no standardized procedure.
      Thanks for the clarification. Now I'm just mad at SOME of the schools (including my own).
      Whenever I think of the past, it brings back so many memories. - Stephen Wright

Comment

OK, I'm still waiting to hear why Kevin Spacey was on campus!!!! Details peeps!!

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
          OK, I'm still waiting to hear why Kevin Spacey was on campus!!!! Details peeps!!
          Every year for homecoming week, to cap off a week of events, NU hosts a prominent social figure to address the students. Tickets go for about $5, and the person comes in and talks/performs for an hour or so. Last year IIRC was Donald Glover, a comedian and music artist. This year, Spacey came in, talked about pursuing goals, dreams, took on his Frank Underwood persona...it was pretty cool to experience.
          "Never tell me the odds"

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Aerman View Post
            Thanks for the clarification. Now I'm just mad at SOME of the schools (including my own).
            If this stupid thing continues this coming Saturday, I am going to boo, scream let them play, and yell why are you stopping, over and over and over again.

I suggest the dog house do too.
            DogHouse Graduate 2001

Comment

Originally posted by Huskies01 View Post
              If this stupid thing continues this coming Saturday, I am going to boo, scream let them play, and yell why are you stopping, over and over and over again.

I suggest the dog house do too.
              Can and will do.
              "Never tell me the odds"

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by NU_Husky View Post
                Every year for homecoming week, to cap off a week of events, NU hosts a prominent social figure to address the students. Tickets go for about $5, and the person comes in and talks/performs for an hour or so. Last year IIRC was Donald Glover, a comedian and music artist. This year, Spacey came in, talked about pursuing goals, dreams, took on his Frank Underwood persona...it was pretty cool to experience.
                Very cool!

Comment

So yesterday was the final day for recruits to sign their NLI. Out of this wonderful class that JM has recruited, I have only seen that one of them, Jason Cotton, signed his NLI. Now, maybe some more came through last night and have not been reported yet, or maybe this amazing class that will turn things around is having 2nd thoughts.

Now, just because a kid does not sign a NLI, does not mean they will not come to play for us. Maybe the staff is looking to possibly push some of these kids out another year. Or is walking away from them because they are not happy with how they are developing.

Bears watching though.
                  DogHouse Graduate 2001

Comment

Originally posted by Huskies01 View Post
                    So yesterday was the final day for recruits to sign their NLI. Out of this wonderful class that JM has recruited, I have only seen that one of them, Jason Cotton, signed his NLI. Now, maybe some more came through last night and have not been reported yet, or maybe this amazing class that will turn things around is having 2nd thoughts.

Now, just because a kid does not sign a NLI, does not mean they will not come to play for us. Maybe the staff is looking to possibly push some of these kids out another year. Or is walking away from them because they are not happy with how they are developing.

Bears watching though.
                    I know I have been here saying that the next 2 classes would help things out. There is a split opinion on whether NU has much coming in next year.
                    The Artist formally known as Steve66

Comment

It was mentioned on another site that Ruck the goalie signed. Hopefully he is ready to go and does not have to split time with Roy unless we are putting UAH back on the schedule 4-6 times next year.

The other kids do not get full rides so they do not need to sign.

So I guess I was wrong.
                      DogHouse Graduate 2001

Comment

• Originally posted by Huskies01 View Post

Bears watching though.
                        Only those recruits receiving athletic scholarships next year have to sign a NLI. Some student athletes are on a "2 for 4" financial aid package where they receive two years of aid, sometimes towards the backend of their college career. Most student athletes receive no athletic scholarships whatsoever, so they do not sign a NLI.
                        "We just didn't get the lucky bounces..."

Comment

Just saw the line charts for the game tonight. I will risk my reputation as a handicapper and predict that our winning streak will end at one. On a lighter note, I just saw this tweet on Twitter: "97 D Colin Saccoman (Shattuck-St. Mary's Prep) commits to LSSU. Tough defenseman is a key piece of the Sabres d-corps. Signed NLI."

That name is eerily close to Colton Saucerman. Let's get LSSU on our schedule next year and see if the announcers can handle it.

Comment

• I know.. Instead of 'teddy bear toss night' tomorrow.. why don't we have 'toss Jim madigan back to the 80s' night.. better memories for all (including Jim)..
                            GO NU HOCKEY
                            Always bullish on the future.
                            We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Was in the building tonight. Pretty terrible game as the box score would indicate. Northeastern didn't look threatening, or impressive at any time throughout the game. Most of the team was unimpressive and Benning might have been the worst.

Madigan... I sat right behind the NU bench tonight. What exactly does he coach? I know it's not the team. I see him down the end of the bench with the defensemen doing close to nothing, quiet, and completely uninvolved. I see his defenseman making terrible, terrible plays and saying nothing to them when they get back to the bench. During timeouts and other stoppages, I see Madigan doing more of nothing and Keefe doing everything. Who is the head coach of this team? If it's Madigan, hes head spectator more than coach.
                              ..Withstanding pain at Matthews since Trevor Reschny was a freshman..
                              ...Cover Boston news and sports for Dirty Water Media http://dirtywatermedia.com/
                              .....@RealJayKenney on twitter https://twitter.com/RealJayKenney

Comment

Fire Madigan aside, I'm having a really hard time finding wins on our schedule right now.

I'd like to think that the home ice could help tomorrow. I want to make note that the Doghouse has been full the entire season. They have been as loud as they can be in a 1 win season. So we have that going for us. YAAY! STACY'S MOOOOM!

But seriously. The schedule is brutal.

Potential wins:
                                11/22 Home Merrimack
                                12/6 Away Providence. Always play well down there, but they are #19
                                12/16 Away UMass. Maybe? Rarely win out west.
                                1/2,3 Home St. Lawrence. Played them well last season. Roy was good in net against them too. Doubt its a sweep.
                                2/6 Away UMass. Eh. I hope its not a sweep by them.
                                2/13,14 UConn weekend. I doubt either team sweeps. However, BEANPOT SWOON WARNING (Can you swoon with 1 or 2 wins?)

Outside of those games, I think you could consider a win a shocking turn of events.

I'll place the over under for this team at 4.5 games right now. I'll be accepting all wagers. Paypal accepted.

At least the Basketball team is 2-0 with a win over an ACC team........ Oh wait. That only furthers Roby's agenda and makes him look like a genius AD with the money that brings...... Might as well pack up the Zambonis, this program dead man walking.
                                Doghouse Class of 2004

Hockey East Fan of the Year 2004
                                NU "Superfan" Award winner 2004

Comment

Working...
                                X