Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Northeastern Huskies 2014-15: Release the Hounds!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Northeastern Huskies 2014-15: Release the Hounds!

Originally posted by HHound View Post
    Those of us who have known him for many years have known that for many years.
    I have to agree his resume within the university and prior playing exp. would make him a fairly good AD candidate, and he would at least be an administrator who would likely support the hockey program the way it should be supported. Although I figure we are stuck with Roby until he is ready to retire. However JM is a nice guy but this expiriment with him behind the bench should now be coming to an end or at least next year after his contract is up.

I fully do not expect that he will be renewed. I mean they showed Crowder the door for generally better overall results in his 9 year tenure, but that was under a different AD. Roby is the real issue at NU and is a equally at fault for the hockey team's struggles post Cronin. He just does not get it at all. Hockey competes in the top college DIV nationally and Roby behaves like he is back at Harvard or Dartmouth, schools that need not care to derive revenue form sport. Hockey could make the same $$ they generate at BU which looking at the most recent report would indicate several million in profits. It is, what it is, but if Roby were to be shown the door I would support giving JM that job..just let the people on this Fan Forum conduct the interviews for the new hockey coach..LOL!
    Last edited by RossiRules; 11-12-2014, 10:24 PM.

Comment

Just a reminder Friday nights game at UNH is supposed to be broadcast on the NH station WBIN,if you have cable,especially Comcast,its part of most packages.

http://unhwildcats.com/sports/mice/2...20141014zaa9zl

http://gonu.com/news/2014/11/11/MHKY_1111144534.aspx

Go Huskies!!!
      Last edited by Happy Husky; 11-13-2014, 10:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Happy Husky View Post
        Just a reminder Friday nights game at UNH is supposed to be broadcast on the NH station WBIN,if you have cable,especially Comcast,its part of most packages.
        If top four D-men remain Benning, Owens, Cockerill and Sauce, and anybody with the last name of Stevens is on the PP, skip the game and watch reruns of Saved By the Bell instead. It will save you a lot of heartache.

Comment

Originally posted by beanstalk View Post
          If top four D-men remain Benning, Owens, Cockerill and Sauce, and anybody with the last name of Stevens is on the PP, skip the game and watch reruns of Saved By the Bell instead. It will save you a lot of heartache.
          I like Nolan more than John. I think Nolan can be ZAR 2.0 in terms of his presence on the boards, forecheck, and physicality. So I wouldn't use the blanket statement for the Stevens boys just yet.
          "Never tell me the odds"

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/

Comment

Something tells me this is going to be the case. What else are they going to do, petition to bring back Jake Newton? What you see is what you get there.

Comment

Originally posted by NU_Husky View Post
              I like Nolan more than John. I think Nolan can be ZAR 2.0 in terms of his presence on the boards, forecheck, and physicality. So I wouldn't use the blanket statement for the Stevens boys just yet.
              He looked good against Acadia, and everybody was excited. His brother looked good against Dalhousie last year, and everybody was excited. Then, the regular season started both years and all we saw were no points (despite being on every PP) and horrible plus/minus numbers. ZAR is the best player on this team and is the only one IMHO with a chance to do anything in the NHL. There is no comparison. Having similar height and effort does not equate to similar skill. ZAR is a finisher and a passer with great vision. And he's mean and plays like he hates every single player on the other team.

Comment

He looked good against Acadia, and everybody was excited. His brother looked good against Dalhousie last year, and everybody was excited. Then, the regular season started both years and all we saw were no points (despite being on every PP) and horrible plus/minus numbers. ZAR is the best player on this team and is the only one IMHO with a chance to do anything in the NHL. There is no comparison. Having similar height and effort does not equate to similar skill. ZAR is a finisher and a passer with great vision. And he's mean and plays like he hates every single player on the other team.
                I like ZAR too. But finisher is a bit much. He had all of 8 goals last year, and one so far this year. Nice all around player though.

Finisher is someone who can score anywhere on the ice, like Roy. ZAR gets the majority of his goals in the crease and a few feet out.
                DogHouse Graduate 2001

Comment

Originally posted by walrus655321 View Post
                  Something tells me this is going to be the case. What else are they going to do, petition to bring back Jake Newton? What you see is what you get there.
                  Play other players in key spots. You're winless after 8 games. Perhaps the "anointed" stars aren't the best players. Ask some NHL scouts about these kids. Or knowledgeable hockey folks from outside the NU circle. You'll hear a lot of "why is that kid out there?" I hear it. It's time to mix it up. There is talent on this roster.

Comment

Musical Lines continues:

Roy/Hedges/Murchy
                    Pond/Szmatula/Torin
                    Nolan/JStevens/Rosenthal
                    Reid/Sikura/Collier

Owens/Benning
                    Fennell/Sauce
                    Dax/Cockerill

Witt returns. Second coming of the Messiah? We'll see.

I don't like those lines at all...where the eff is ZAR?
                    "Never tell me the odds"

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/

Comment

Perhaps the reason we're terrible is related to the fact that nobody plays with a linemate more than one game in a row.

Comment

Originally posted by NU_Husky View Post
                        I don't like those lines at all...where the eff is ZAR?
                        I agree with you. I think Southern New Hampshire can beat us with those lines. Looks like they gave darts to a blindfolded monkey.

Comment

Saucerman burned and a penalty on UNH first goal.
                          These are good times to be a Husky Dawg!!!!

Comment

I agree with you. I think Southern New Hampshire can beat us with those lines. Looks like they gave darts to a blindfolded monkey.
                            Did anybody remember to tell Saucerman what time the game started? ****ing awful defensive play in his own zone leading to that first goal, followed up with a penalty, all within the first three minutes. Get the **** off the ice. Three years here and you still don't know better? Wow.

I'll be turning off my TV now and going out early. Absolute waste of time rooting for this team...
                            On Jamie Oleksiak:

Originally posted by Hokydad
                            If he comes next year he will be eaten alive. Zero chance of success in Hockey East next year

Comment

• clueless Madigan.. leads clueless team.
                              pls end this NU athletics.
                              GO NU HOCKEY
                              Always bullish on the future.
                              We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by northeastern View Post
                                clueless Madigan.. leads clueless team.
                                pls end this NU athletics.
                                Ill watch the free stream but NU isn't getting anymore of my money at Matthews until something changes.
                                2016 and 2019 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
                                2018, 2019 and 2020 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS

MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

Comment

Working...
                                X