Elmira College 2014-2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elmira College 2014-2015

A little over 2-weeks beyond the date the Elmira College thread launched last year, so I might as well get it going. Coming into the year defending the ECAC West Championship, Elmira lost a few key players but returns a talented group that pulled it together down the stretch last season against some quality competition.

An official schedule has yet to be announced, but preliminary "peeks" show the front-end of the season being mostly on-the-road. This is disturbing, as the absence of an autobid in the ECAC West requires that the entire season's resume must be impressive, and teams cannot simply pull it together at the end of the season and expect to keep playing well into March. There is no room for a few "off games". Hopefully Elmira hits the ground running this year, with the ending of last year being the incentive to establish and maintain some good momentum early, and keep it going all season.

Booster Club Membership forms will be mailed-out early next week (9/22-9/24). We look forward to seeing you in "the Domes".

Cheers,
    ~TTF
    Dave
    RIT - '90

Re: Elmira College 2014-2015

Looks like Elmira brings back some firepower,size and with a few new recruits I think they should do very well.If they pick up from last yrs end,should be interesting,but they have to avoid the 4 loses in the first 6 games as not to get behind the 8ball.Only 1 game vs Oswego,and its not until Jan,I liked the game early in the year as it was good to see my 2 old teams go at it. With some solid netminding they should have a great season.........any studs coming in???.......anyone not returning???..just noticed Burnell will not be back,he must have done his 4yrs in 3??.So 2 top scorers gone but still plenty in the tank for the eagles.
    Last edited by bakdraft21; 09-22-2014, 12:25 PM.

Comment

Elmira College 2014-2015 Schedule

Originally posted by Transplanted Tiger Fan View Post
      An official schedule has yet to be announced, but preliminary "peeks" show the front-end of the season being mostly on-the-road.
      Find it HERE

Comment

Elmira College 2014-2015 Schedule

"Official release" of the 2014-2015 Schedule <link to release>

11/07/14 @ Neumann
        11/08/14 @ Manhattanville College
        11/14/14 Utica College
        11/21/14 @ Hobart College
        11/22/14 @ Hobart College
        11/29/14 @ Amherst College
        11/30/14 @ Babson College
        12/02/14 @ Fredonia
        12/05/14 Nazareth College
        12/06/14 Wesleyan University
        01/06/15 Buffalo State

01/09/15 @ SUNY Geneseo
        01/10/15 Brockport State
        01/13/15 @ SUNY Potsdam
        01/16/15 Oswego State
        01/17/15 Salve Regina
        01/23/15 Manhattanville College
        01/24/15 Manhattanville College

01/30/15 @ Nazareth College
        01/31/15 @ Nazareth College
        02/06/15 Neumann University
        02/07/15 Neumann University

02/13/15 @ Utica College
        02/14/15 @ Utica College
        02/20/15 Hobart College
        Last edited by Transplanted Tiger Fan; 09-24-2014, 04:59 PM. Reason: Entered Schedule into post...
        Dave
        RIT - '90

Comment

Purple & Gold Game

Saw my first flock of Canada geese making the trek Southward .... ergo hockey season can't be far behind.

Considering that there's only a single home game before December, if you wish to whet your EC hockey appetite, the Purple & Gold scrimmage (or whatever it's being called now) will be held on Sat October 25 at 7 pm.

Comment

Re: Purple & Gold Game

Anybody know if Max Balaban is playing for Elmira this season? If not, will he be playing anywhere? His father hasn't posted in awhile.
            Middlebury Hockey....The Greatest DIII Show on Skates

Comment

Originally posted by neumyer View Post
              Anybody know if Max Balaban is playing for Elmira this season? If not, will he be playing anywhere? His father hasn't posted in awhile.
              He was not on their season ending roster.

Despite playing in their last game (March 8).

For those who haven't seen it, his dad has a really insightful blog here.
              Last edited by norm1909; 10-17-2014, 11:14 AM.
              Larry Normandin
              SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
              WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Originally posted by neumyer View Post
                I see that Max's dad has posted an update to his blog, it is here.
                Larry Normandin
                SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
                WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Booster Club membership packages (Buttons and/or Tickets) were mailed-out today for applications received prior to October 20. These should arrive by early next week at the latest. If you sent-in your application and do not receive your package through the mail, packages may be picked-up at the Murray Athletic Center prior to the first two Men's home games, or at any time during the Woman's home games.

Cheers!!!
                  TTF
                  Dave
                  RIT - '90

Comment

Was anyone able to make it up to the domes Saturday to take in the purple/gold game? An how did the boys look???
                    GO EC GO

Comment

Originally posted by Ecalltheway1289 View Post
                      Was anyone able to make it up to the domes Saturday to take in the purple/gold game? An how did the boys look???
                      Josh Burnell graduated early right?
                      The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                      "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                      GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                      GO LAKERS!!!
                      GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                      "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                      Oswego State '09

Comment

Yes he did
                        GO EC GO

Comment

Originally posted by Ecalltheway1289 View Post
                          Yes he did
                          I feel like that seems to happen at Elmira more frequently than other schools for some reason... Impressive he could do it all in 3 years. Maybe Elmira takes credits from other schools easier than others?
                          The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                          "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                          GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                          GO LAKERS!!!
                          GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                          "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                          Oswego State '09

Comment

The late start to the season is killing me! I remember when EC would open the season against Oswego at the Domes around October 15!

Comment

Well, balls... I posted in the 2013-2014 EC thread that Martin Lee would be coming-back to play in Elmira, albeit with the Cincinnati Cyclones when they play the Jackals this coming weekend. Lee was traded to the Missouri Mavericks yesterday, so as of this moment we will not get the chance to see Marty play in the area for a while. Wishing him the best of luck in Missouri.

Cheers!!!
                              ~TTF
                              Dave
                              RIT - '90

Comment

Working...
                              X