Ohio State vs Western Ontario 9/28

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ohio State vs Western Ontario 9/28

This is obviously an exhibition game. I will fess up and tell you the main reason I started this thread for an exhibition game was to invite those of you who will be attending the football game vs Cincinnati to our tailgate. I will copy and paste the information here (originally posted by OSUmab over in the Men's Division I forum). The football game vs Cincinnati does not start until 6:00 pm. If you are going to the game or are going to be in the area, stop by The Scarlet Liners tailgate to say hello and enjoy some food! If you are going to come by, please go into the event (linked below) so we will know how much food to bring!

The Scarlet Liners will be hosting a tailgate party the UC Game. Please join us we look the food, drinks, and fun as we spread word of The Scarlet Liners and OSU Men's & Women's Hockey to the football world!

Follow this link!
    https://www.facebook.com/events/242642755946106/

For info on just the Scarlet Liners go here
    https://www.facebook.com/TheScarletLiners

The Scarlet Liners will also be part of an event on October 4th. Here is information on that (originally posted in the Men's forum by OSUmab).

Also check out what is happening Oct 4th-being hosted by the Athletic Dept.

https://www.facebook.com/OhioStateMensHockey
    Last edited by osualum86; 09-19-2014, 11:40 AM.

Re: Ohio State vs Western Ontario 9/28

FYI, (if it's the school I think it is) it's called UWO, University of Western Ontario, or just Western....and you guys should handle them very easily. They're not a very good hockey team.

Comment

Originally posted by SeymoreHockey View Post
      FYI, (if it's the school I think it is) it's called UWO, University of Western Ontario, or just Western....and you guys should handle them very easily. They're not a very good hockey team.
      Probably better than Toronto Aeros though ... and they'll be coming off a win against Penn State 2 days earlier.

Comment

Originally posted by 96IllinoisDad View Post
        Probably better than Toronto Aeros though ... and they'll be coming off a win against Penn State 2 days earlier.
        They played a preseason exhibition against BC last year. Not a great game, BC scored in the first 17 seconds and again on the empty net and should have made it safe a lot earlier. Very physical game.

Comment

St. Norbert College (D3) gave Western good game last year.
          http://collegehockeystats.net/1314/boxes/wsnbwon1.n29

Comment

Originally posted by Hello View Post
            St. Norbert College (D3) gave Western good game last year.
            http://collegehockeystats.net/1314/boxes/wsnbwon1.n29
            Western has traditionally been one of the weaker teams in the CIS, although somewhat improved recently. OSU should win easily.

Most of the better PWHL teams (e.g. Mississauga, Aeros, Whitby, Durham, Stoney Creek) will typically beat CIS teams like Western since most of the top PWHL players from these teams end up being recruited to D1 teams rather than staying back home and playing CIS university hockey.

Western's roster this year is being bolstered by 3 players returned from D1 ranks, which should help their competitiveness some. Kendra Broad (3 yrs at Lindenwood) is now attending Western grad school and has 2 years of eligibility remaining, as CIS provides 5 years of athletic eligibility. Katie Hubert (2 yrs at RIT) and Emma Pearson (1 yr at Brown) opted to return to Canada early. Pearson had to redshirt at Western last season under the old transfer rule. Hubert benefitted from the 2014 rule change--undergrads transferring to CIS no longer have to sit a year before being eligible to play.

Comment

Originally posted by Trillium View Post
              Western has traditionally been one of the weaker teams in the CIS, although somewhat improved recently. OSU should win easily.

Most of the better PWHL teams (e.g. Mississauga, Aeros, Whitby, Durham, Stoney Creek) will typically beat CIS teams like Western since most of the top PWHL players from these teams end up being recruited to D1 teams rather than staying back home and playing CIS university hockey.

Western's roster this year is being bolstered by 3 players returned from D1 ranks, which should help their competitiveness some. Kendra Broad (3 yrs at Lindenwood) is now attending Western grad school and has 2 years of eligibility remaining, as CIS provides 5 years of athletic eligibility. Katie Hubert (2 yrs at RIT) and Emma Pearson (1 yr at Brown) opted to return to Canada early. Pearson had to redshirt at Western last season under the old transfer rule. Hubert benefitted from the 2014 rule change--undergrads transferring to CIS no longer have to sit a year before being eligible to play.
              OSU is way more talented and should win because they will remember the loss last year to Aeros. I doubt they let that happen again.

Comment

Originally posted by 96IllinoisDad View Post
                OSU is way more talented and should win because they will remember the loss last year to Aeros. I doubt they let that happen again.
                This.

Comment

Seymore, that is correct, it's UWO. UWO is located in London, if I am not mistaken.

Comment

Originally posted by osualum86 View Post
                    Seymore, that is correct, it's UWO. UWO is located in London, if I am not mistaken.
                    Definitely in London. Would support the view that Western should really struggle to stay with OSU.

Comment

Originally posted by osualum86 View Post
                      Actually, I believe they made a formal name change a couple of years ago from University of Western Ontario, to simply Western University. (Although the website acronym was not changed from uwo.ca)

Comment

Originally posted by 2GirlsinHKY View Post
                        Definitely in London. Would support the view that Western should really struggle to stay with OSU.
                        Having seen all of the teams in question play, Western will compete with Penn State and will struggle against OSU. My predictions are Western 4-3 OT winners against Penn State and 6-1 losers against OSU.
                        ...and whadaya know, it's another freshman...

Comment

Actually, I believe they made a formal name change a couple of years ago from University of Western Ontario, to simply Western University. (Although the website acronym was not changed from uwo.ca)
                          Interesting....could be true, but I've never heard this and I used to live in London and area for decades and have friends with kids going to UWO. If it has changed its name....I don't like it.

Comment

Just googled their website (duh) and it seems they have changed their name....Western University...yuk!!

Comment

Just googled their website (duh) and it seems they have changed their name....Western University...yuk!!
                              I see the name western university I'm looking in BColumbia or the prairies for a location. I always wondered if some people in Ontario believe they are Canada and the rest is the hinterlands. I agree yuk and huh!
                              Last edited by LG4; 09-23-2014, 07:16 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X