Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: >>>>>RIT TIGERS... The Polisseum, just like the Ritter only more of us!<<<<<

Originally posted by Rochester View Post
    I would say no, not until RIT gets 3 points from Bentley this weekend. If RIT can get 3 points minimum this weekend, RIT will be a terror down the stretch. RIT has this way of going a winning streak to get their fans all excited and then out of the blue, gets just as big of a losing streak!

Insha'Allah
    This feels like a pretty important weekend for RIT. Army coming to town next week should be 4 points, but after that we have a weekend with Niagara...and I don't care where they are in the standings, they will give us hell.

If we get 3-4 points against Bentley we'll be in a real good position by the time we head to Niagara in February.
    RIT

Comment

• Re: >>>>>RIT TIGERS... The Polisseum, just like the Ritter only more of us!<<<<<

Originally posted by Tom Naeger View Post
      Kidding aside, RIT should have 4 more points in the standing. At least 1 more point from the Holy Cross series, 2 from the Sacred Fart Home loss, and the AIC tie. Those loss points would put them just 1 back of second Canisius. So I do see RIT as being dangerous down the stretch and think they could have as good of a chance as anyone to knock off Robert Morris in the AHA Championship. They are starting to trend the right way, and while some at the bottom have improved, I think they are getting too much credit...
      You forgot 1 point vs Air Force.

Originally posted by TigerFan86-87 View Post
      Should have, would have, could have.... You're as good as your record says you are - period.
      Only if you ignore strength of schedule and officiating errors.

Powers &8^]

Comment

In other news, the teams will be wearing and auctioning off special jerseys on Feb. 7th in honor of Joe Vicario.

http://www.ritathletics.com/news/201...122151132.aspx
        RIT Tigers

AHC Pickem Regular Season Co-Champion - 2016-2017

Comment

Originally posted by kwm4385 View Post
          In other news, the teams will be wearing and auctioning off special jerseys on Feb. 7th in honor of Joe Vicario.

http://www.ritathletics.com/news/201...122151132.aspx
          Whoever had the "pucks" to suggest calling this promo Check Your Pucks is a very hilarious person.
          RIT

Comment

Originally posted by RIT Winters View Post
            This feels like a pretty important weekend for RIT. Army coming to town next week should be 4 points, but after that we have a weekend with Niagara...and I don't care where they are in the standings, they will give us hell.

If we get 3-4 points against Bentley we'll be in a real good position by the time we head to Niagara in February.
            I agree this is a big series. I think they NEED to get at least 2 points, but obviously 3 or 4 is much better. After that, it's 7 out of the last 10 games at home. I think having all those home games will be huge.
            2006-07 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
            2008-09 Atlantic Hockey Co-Champions!
            2009-10 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
            2010 Frozen Four participant
            2010-11 Atlantic Hockey Champions!

Member of the infamous Corner Crew

Comment

Although highly unlikely (I'm being VERY optimistic here), it is 100% possible for RIT to move into 3rd place saturday night.
              Last edited by StimulisRK; 01-23-2015, 11:19 AM.

RIT Hockey FB Group
              Facebook.com/groups/RITtigershockey

RIT '13

Comment

Also, interesting stat - RIT has the 2nd lowest goals-against in Atlantic Hockey with 58 (Holy Cross is 1st with 51). A good indicator as to how the defense has really shaped up this year as opposed to last year, and to how Ruby has stepped up as well.

RIT Hockey FB Group
                Facebook.com/groups/RITtigershockey

RIT '13

Comment

Originally posted by LtPowers View Post
                  Only if you ignore strength of schedule and officiating errors.

Powers &8^]
                  Holy Cross, Sacred Heart, and AIC... 4th, 8th, and 10th in AHA. I don't think strength of schedule is much of a factor in this statement at all.
                  And we all know that the poor officiating is consistent throughout this conference. That cancels itself out. They're no worse against RIT than anyone else. They just aren't very good.
                  Can't we all just get along?
                  Always remember... This is just a game we're talking about here. Let's not take it all too seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by StimulisRK View Post
                    Also, interesting stat - RIT has the 2nd lowest goals-against in Atlantic Hockey with 58 (Holy Cross is 1st with 51). A good indicator as to how the defense has really shaped up this year as opposed to last year, and to how Ruby has stepped up as well.
                    Yes, it is an improvement, but 2nd is misleading. They are actually only 5th in GAA. (They're tied for the fewest games played in conference).
                    Note: They actually are listed as having 57 GA, tied with Bentley.
                    Last edited by TigerFan86-87; 01-23-2015, 11:49 AM.
                    Can't we all just get along?
                    Always remember... This is just a game we're talking about here. Let's not take it all too seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by TigerFan86-87 View Post
                      Holy Cross, Sacred Heart, and AIC... 4th, 8th, and 10th in AHA. I don't think strength of schedule is much of a factor in this statement at all.
                      And we all know that the poor officiating is consistent throughout this conference. That cancels itself out. They're no worse against RIT than anyone else. They just aren't very good.
                      About SOS, I'm speaking generically. Keep in mind that even if the league schedule as a whole was perfectly balanced, it's still inherently unbalanced until after the last game of the season is played.

And I don't think poor officiating necessarily cancels itself out. It's inevitable that one team or another will get the short end of the stick in any given season.

Powers &8^]

Comment

Here we go again. RIT completely dominates possession, territory, and SOG, but comes out of the period down one.

Powers &8^]

Comment

2 goals on 13 shots through two periods. What else can the defense do... Got to be so frustrating for the team. They definitely play better in front of Rotolo overall.

Comment

Originally posted by unscarred76 View Post
                            2 goals on 13 shots through two periods. What else can the defense do... Got to be so frustrating for the team. They definitely play better in front of Rotolo overall.
                            The D has to play perfect, as usual. Any mistake ends up in the back of the net.

Powers &8^]

Comment

Originally posted by unscarred76 View Post
                              Sounded to me over the radio that the 2nd goal was a bit weak. Can't have pucks sneak through you from the point, screen or not. I think it's a given they'll go back to Rotolo for tomorrow night.

Comment

Shots 33-17. How do we lose that game?

Powers &8^]

Comment

Working...
                                X